THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Wednesday, 01.05.2024, 23:46
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Unexpected meetings abroad.
Unexpected meetings abroad.
PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 17.12.2013, 15:55 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
Every holidays abroad always left some impressions and good memories, because life there is often unusual for us. We all know that foreigners are different from us. They had their own culture, values and communication features.
I'd like to talk to you about your unexpected meetings abroad.
For example, once I had holidays in Germany. Actually, it was my father's business trip and he took me with him.
One day, we came to local supermarket for food. The cashier in this supermarket was russian. We learnt it when she said some bad words in russian thinking that nobody understood her. It made us laugh hysterically. This event was a big surprise for us!

Now, tell me about your interesting and unexpected meetings abroad.
Where was you when it happened?
Who did you meet?
What impressions did it produce on you?

Message edited by Pashkaa - Tuesday, 17.12.2013, 15:58

NikkiDate: Tuesday, 17.12.2013, 23:47 | Message # 2
Student
Group: Users
it will seem to you ridiculous, but I never was abroad. I think that I have all ahead. I hope for it.

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 00:19 | Message # 3
Head teacher
I was abroad only once. It was Africa ( Egypt ). I have  great number of recollections and impressions. Especially i remember Red sea ( it is clean and  has beautiful coral reefs, there are a lot of small and big fish that swim near you ).
I also liked to swim with scuba diving. It was amazing. 
As for local residents, they speak English that is why i could understand them and talk to them a little! But there were not curious situations.

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 00:19 | Message # 4
Union organizer
I have never been abroad but me mother was I i want to tell her story. Several years ago my mother had to go to Spain because of her job. To tell the truth, she spent onle one dat working and the rest of her holidays she relaxed and did everything she wanted. So one day she and her friends went shopping. Everybody knows that there are a lot of clothes at greatly reduced prices in Spain in summer so my mother decided to buy it for every member of my family. There was not a problem to buy clothes for me and my sister but father's clothes was a real problem. But my brave mother found the only man from Russia ( IN SPANISH SHOP!!!!) and asked him to try on this clothes!!! When she met her friends after shopping and told them this story, it was found that her friends asked to try on clothes the same man!!! It's amasing!!!

ValerieTrDate: Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 01:41 | Message # 5
Union committee president
I was in Norway with my classmates. This was our school-trip. We had had two hours for spending our time as we wanted before we went back to our hotel. I with my classmate Nino and her mother went shopping. I and Nino decided to wait her mother outside.  We immediately went to the sunglasses shop that we had noticed before. To tell the truth, the assortiment was...hmmm...not so good...and we laughed at it. Seriously, there was nothing good! Some things were pretty funny. angel
Nino went further to look some other things and I stayed for searching sunglasses that I wanted. Then the shop assistant came to me and asked me...asked me in Russian: "Can I help you?".
I answered stammeringly: "No, thank you". I was little bit ashamed of the situation so I was thinking about that we exactly had said about the sunglasses when Nino came back. I didn't say her about that had happened and was waiting for her reaction.  biggrin
The shop assistant came back and started to speak Russian with us. Nino's face was like ->   blink . I burst out laughing when I saw it.  biggrin

Message edited by ValerieTr - Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 01:47

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 01:57 | Message # 6
I was only  in the Crimea .:)  And I am sure that i never forget this wonderful place. I don't know how explain it  to you that  the Crimea is my life. When i am there i don't just live but i enjoy my life and everything around)). I visited this fairy world two times. And last time was several months ago.My parents and boyfried were with me). Of course we had a great time together, we saw various wonderful places, we made acquaintance with pleasant people. But most of all, i kept in  my mind  one unforgettable meeting with the one of the most beautiful creature in the world. It was two wild dolphins. Of course, i had seen these animals  at the zoo before but that is quite different. These two wild dolphins probably were pair. Everybody was schoked that these animals didn't pay attention to  the people and swam near them. At that moment i wasn't afraid of the dolphins, i was surprised at  the fact that i saw these animals so close))

FoxyTDate: Wednesday, 18.12.2013, 15:37 | Message # 7
Group: Moders
You, guys, have very interesting stories)) I did not know that you have already traveled so much...It's cool)))
I want to tell you a story, the explanation for which I still cannot find  yes
For several years every summer our family traveled to different countries and cities. We lived both in hotels, private homes and tents. 
But the most inexplicable phenomenon was that everywhere we lived our neighbors were the same people!!! It was a family from Arkhangelsk, with whom we had not even exchanged phone numbers and planes for the next holiday...
When we met them again for the first time, we were surprised. When we met them again two years later, we laughed a lot. But when we met them again three years later, we all were shocked... no

:)Date: Monday, 23.12.2013, 09:28 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Group: Users
I was in Egypt with my husband one year ago.It was winter hollidays. I liked this trip. I have never believe that friends can meet in different places,but... One morning we decided to spend all day on the beach. We came there,started to swim and I was shoked!!! We met our friends there!!! They lived not far from us in neighboring hotel. Next days we spent together. It was our wounderful meeting abroad.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » Unexpected meetings abroad.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024