THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 13:26
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » Hamlet (Review on movie)
Hamlet
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 19:26 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
I believe that Mel Gibson is a perfect Hamlet.  wink

In Vino Veritas...

ValerkaDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 19:28 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
Now I would like to speak about the film called “Hamlet”. This tremendous movie was shot in 1990 by Franco Zeffirelli. It is natural that you know the screen version was based on one of the most famous W. Shakespear’s work. When it comes to the plot, I didn’t notice a huge difference with  the plot of the play”Hamlet”. So, the movie was shot close enough to the text of the work what really didn’t let me down. Prince Hamlet saw recently deceased father. Suspecting that his father had died a violent death, the prince was looking for evidence of the guilt of King Claudius. Prince was mistaken for a madman. Meanwhile Prince sorting with their lives, trying to find an answer to the highest philosophical questions of life ...
Most of all, I was taken aback by the actors’ play.  All their striking actions and emotions accurately conveyed the essence of real characters. It was easy enough to guess what any character felt at any moment. Surely, I was satisfied with the play of the main character (the role was played by  Mel Gibson). His torments and agonies plunged in my soul deeply. Scenery, music and the actor’s costumes also helped me to feel the atmosphere of that time. Compelling melody was preparing me to see something really unpredictable. Stunning sounds of agitation pursued me during all the film. So, everything was on the high level.
The end of the movie entranced me again. It happens really seldom when I want to revise the moment of atrocity that helps me to comprehend every little thing that seems to me very important. I see that you understand my point of view that  such  admirable productions like this cannot disappoint  at anybody.

Message edited by Valerka - Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 19:29

ZhgutikDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 22:51 | Message # 3
Union organizer
This is the screen version of well-known Shakespeare’s tragedy “Hamlet”. This film was directed by famous Italian director Franco Zeffirelli who is an unexcelled master of filming William Shakespeare’splays. The film was shooted in 1990 and this version is rather close to the play in spite of some critics’ opinions.
The actions begin when the woman and her son mourn the loss of their husband and father who in addition was a merciful and wise king. His son, Lord Hamlet, is inconsolable, while Hamlet’s mother forgets about her grief and marries her ex-husband’s brother. After some time Hamlet tries to submit to his father’s death and mother’s betrayal but one night he sees his father’s ghost who says him that his death wasn’t an accident. It was a murder! Trying to know more, Hamlet finds out that his father was killed by his brother who has poisoned him! Before his disappearance the ghost of Hamlet’s father ask his son to revenge for his death and to fight for justice. And Hamlet promise to do all his best to expose and punish his uncle …
The main roles are performed by Mel Gibson as Hamlet, Glenn Close as Gertrude, Alan Bates as King Claudius, Pau Scofield as the ghost of Hamlet's father,Helena Bonham Carter as Ophelia and  Lan Holm as Polonius. I’m not a competent person in such an issue but in my opinion, the actorsdid all their best to manage their parts and they did it successfully.
To sum it up, I would like to say that I’m not fond of classical films and to be honest, it was difficult to watch it for me. But if you are a person who adores classical films with deep meaning and without happy end, this film deserves your attention.
Attachments: 6865189.jpg (58.4 Kb)

Message edited by Zhgutik - Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 23:06

ValerieTrDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 23:30 | Message # 4
Union committee president
Hamlet is a film adaptation of one of the greatest Shakespeare's works, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was released on 19th of December in 1990. Franco Zeffirelli is known for his adaptations which are close to Shakespeare's plays.
Talking about the plot, we can define that Hamlet shows us a true human tragedy. Family members can kill because of the throne. "Loving wife", Gertrude, forgot about the mourning and immediately got married with the murderer of her husband. The ghost of Hamlet's father revealed the reason for his death to his son.  It's natural that only a person with strong spirit can stand it. But what happened to Hamlet and how he overcame it, you can get to know while watching the movie.
One of the things that attracted my attention was the cast. To tell the truth, I couldn't imagine Mel Gibson playing Hamlet at first. But after the watching the film I changed my opinion because he is incredible in his role. I should also add, Helena Bonham Carter (Ophelia) is one of my favourite actresses and I really enjoyed her acting.  
What is more, there is no special scenery in the film. The movie was shot in a real place so we haven't got a sense of falseness. 
This film adaption really attracted my attention because of the cast and the plot itself. From my point of view, the music of Ennio Morricone perfectly supplements this work of cinematography.

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 01.10.2014, 14:27 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Hamlet is another film adaptation of a popular andworldwide Shakespeare tragedy. This film was released in 1990 year and got
mixed marks of critics. Some of them thought that Mel Gibson, who acted as
Hamlet, wasn’t suitable for this role.
The story is about a prince whose father does and soonappears as a ghost and tells him that he has been killed by his brother who has
taken the throne after him. After that Hamlet tries to prove this fact,
philosophizing time to time.
There are five main characters in the story. They are Hamlet played by Mel Gibson very persuasively, who provide some features from
his own and made Hamlet special, Claudius who is a main villain, but he hides
it successfully, Gertrude – Hamlet’s mother, she betrayed her son by marring
Claudius after her husband’s death. The next one is Ophelia – Hamlet’s beloved
and her father – Polonius.
Speaking about the conflict, I suppose that the mainconflict is breakdown of human soul because of such negative treats of human
being around him as deceit, betrayal and treason. Father’s death has changed
him and his false madness becomes true.T
he director and his crew have done a great job byselecting a bewitching and deep sound track which helps us to understand
characters’ feelings better, emotional scenes showing the main character’s
laceration, a great operator work and exciting atmosphere.
In conclusion I’d like to say that this screeningcontaining only a half of all scenes and dialogs from an original play almost
completely reflects its essence. In any case, I enjoyed watching the film
immensely, but to comprehend the deep idea of Shakespeare’s tragedy, it is
essential to read its text itself.

Message edited by Pashkaa - Wednesday, 01.10.2014, 14:30

PerilovaDate: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 20:27 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Now i'm going to say a few words about such a startling and legendary film "Hamlet", it's based on the same name Shakespeare's play. There are a lot of different versions of the film, but i' ve watched only one of them ( the one which was released in 1990 ). I can't say that this film has a noticeable plot, but at the same time it's rather curious. To my mind, this story affects all aspects of human life: it's about devotion, fidelity, betrayal, justice, love, hate, revenge simultaneous. So, the film begins with the death of the Danish king, but overall sorrow was not too long: his wife married his brother and all the people got used to new life, but only his son could not believe what had happened. Once, his devotees said him that they had seen the spirit of his dead father. Soon, he the spirit of his father all the mysteries of his death. It turned, his brother poisoned him to take his king's place and the queen. Hamlet promised to take a revenge. His behavior was strange, nobody knew what was the matter (some supposed that he was mad with love for Ophelia - the daughter of a king's near grandee )But soon the king realized that Hamlet was aware of his guilt. In the end, Hamlet avenged of the king, he killed him, but his fate was the same.
Selection of actors is rather good, to my mind, all the actors are in their places. Espessially, i am pleased by Mel Gibson's playing and i agree with people who believe he is suitable for this role (but a lot of people think differently), also Helena Bonham Carter played her role professionaly ( i like the way she expressed her emotions ). As i've said i watched only one version of the film, but i want to watch at least one more to compare acrors' playing, effects, selection of actors and scenery.

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » Hamlet (Review on movie)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024