THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 17:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » LP14 task 4 (3d course 2014-2015)
LP14 task 4
TeacherDate: Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 20:02 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Answer the following questions:
Why is violence in movies so relevant nowadays?
Have you ever experienced the violence in movies?
Does the quality of movies depend on their budget?
Should film directors spend a lot of money on special effects or is it just useless?
Can you agree that movies are created only for money nowadays?
Should films be shot to entertain or educate people?
Does cinema respect people's rights, social minorities and disabled people?
Are there any films that make us sympathize with somebody?

In Vino Veritas...

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 21:13 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
1. I presuppose nowadays it depends on our irreparable and depraved society that consists of such nasty and wicked people. We have already became so mad as a hatter that don't notice anything lihgt and moral around but only aggression and violence. That is why today humanity rolls down.
2.Surely, i have watched a lot of violent and savage fims but i did it unintentionally. I just wanted to see something new but,unfortunately, i was disappointed at my choice.
3.It is not an easy question for me because i am not good at the art of cinema. But i don't think that directors who pull the devil by the tail cannot make  a high-qualityand worthy to view film.
4.At present time the presence of special effects in any movie plays an enormous role in the world of cinema. If it really  increases numbers of spectators, a director should take changes. 
5.I cannot agree with this statement completely but ,unfortunately, nowadays there are many such hypocritical directors and producers  who hold only single aim to be on velvet.
6.They should not but they may. It isn't important how long any film lasts. It is more significat whether a movie contains some salt that will be able to enhance the horizons of people's mind. 
7. When it comes to this question, i can say without doubting people's rights are not respected. 
8. I guess there are some films that can draw people together. Movies contain not only violence and cruelty. It depicts not only hero's negative qualities but, of course, very often it indicates to  our affirmative qualities which we usually don't notice.

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 22:40 | Message # 3
Union organizer
1. Cinema develops and its genres become more various, so it isn't enough for people to watch only kind film about love and care. Action movie as a genre has grown into one of the most popular kind of movies nowadays, inspite of a great amount of violence in it.
2. Of course, I do it regulary. Sometimes it frightens me when I enjoy explosions, shots and fights in movies, but it is essential today.
3. It absolutely doesn't! I have seen a lot of wonderful films with an exciting plot, impressive acting and unexpected turns of events, but in case of action movies which demand some special effects budget means a lot.
4. People spend unbelievable amount of money for special effects. It's true that all these money can be spent on more useful and generous purpose. However, directors keep make the image of movies more and more attractive. Well, sometimes it is really effective, but still...
5. Well, this issue has two sides. On the one hand, there are a lot of films, which reflect our reality, make us reason on some topic or motivate to be better. Moreover, some film are shot by independent directors who don't get a lot of money for their works, so their goals aren't connected with scads. They do art just for art. On the other hand, a great number of blockbusters which get the largest amount of money are aimed exactly at it.
6. To my mind, that's the main goal of cinema. I suppose it copes with this task perfectly.
7. Yes, it does. Every industry tries to make special conditions for people of any kind. For example, there is a law in the US cinematography demanding that there must be at least one black man in every movie. yes
8.  It's not a rare thing that directors show us some tragic story, sometimes even based on a true one. We watch the film and begin to understand the main character's feelings and sympathaze him or her.

Message edited by Pashkaa - Thursday, 23.10.2014, 20:44

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 23:51 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Sorry, the second question should be: Have you ever experienced theinfluence of violence in movies? Sorry for my mistake happy
And my answers are:
1. Nowadays there are a lot of factors which can be a reason for aggression and violence in movies is one of them. Of course, you will not start kill people after watching such films but really influence our psychic especially if it isn't formed or not stable enough. And the fact that there are
a lot of violent films which are free for watching makes us vulnerable to violence's influence.
2. To be honest, I prefer such films where can be a lot of violence ( I can remind that one of my favorite TV serials is "The walking dead" where there are a lot of violence!!!) But I don't feel its influence on me. Probably (a spiteful laughter) killed evil
3.Of course it does!!! I saw some films with small budget and it was awful because of its quality. I believe that I wearing the costume of snake would play this snake better than it was made in that awful film  crazy
4. It depends on a genre of a film. Some films are unique without paying a huge amount of money.
5. Most of films are made for getting money but I still believe that there are a lot of films which have a goal not to make money but to show something important for our life.
6. In my opinion, both of these reasons for shooting films are important. It depends on people needs. Everyone can choose what he/she wants.
7. Hm. I really have no answer! I have never thought about it.
8. Of course it is possible! I can tell you a secret!!! I avoid watching sad films where characters have to get over the misfortunes which had come their way because Ialways sympathize too much and it influences me...

Message edited by Zhgutik - Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 23:53

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 11:32 | Message # 5
Union committee president
1. From my point of view, you can't attract attention of the audience only by kind movies. Some people prefer to watch action films with special efffects. Nowadays this genre is definitely on the same level of popularity as ordinary films.
2. Yes, I've experienced the violence in movies. This is one of my favourite kinds of films but I can agree with Irene that I don't really feel its influence on me. 
3. I think that it depends. I've seen a lot of short fims which has small budget but I also know a lot of action movies where the budget is enormous. The films of both types are pretty good. 
4. It depends. For example, if you want to shoot a modern blockbuster, you should spend a lot of money on special effects. The more money you spend on it, the more captivating picture you have.
5. I can't agree with this statement because nowadays a lot of directors shoot their films for communication with the audience. I mean, they express their thoughts and ideas through the plot.
6. To my mind, for both. So many men, so many minds. Some people prefer going to cinemas just for pleasure, but some like to learn something new after the watching a movie.
7. Answering this question, I can say that people's rights should be respected but sometimes some doubtful ideas whcih can be very offensive for difeerent groups of people are raised through the plot. 
8. Yes, of course! There are such films that can make us sympathize with somebody. These movies make us really human.

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » LP14 task 4 (3d course 2014-2015)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024