• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Film review
Film review
thinkerDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2011, 23:19 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I would like to tell you about the film «July and Julie». Meryl Strip and Emi Adams are starring. It’s the story about two women. One of them was Julie Child, the wife of one diplomat who lived with him in France in the forties. She couldn’t find a hobby for her soul for a long time. But she always admired French cuisine. One day she decided to learn cookery and entered a famous French cookery school. Later, she wrote a cookery book about French cuisine for American women that became very popular in America. Julie became a famous writer, cook and TV show host (TV presenter). The second parallel story is about a young American woman July who lives in our days. She works in an office as a secretary, tries to write books and can’t find herself, she loves cooking and admires Julie Child. One day a good idea came to her mind. She decided to cook by Julie Child’s book and to write all her feelings and cooking experiments in the Internet in her blog. 524 recipes for 365 days! She put a goal and reached it in spite of difficulties. It was a long and hard way but she had a success and became famous and happy too. This film is based on 2 real stories of 2 beautiful women. If you like to cook, if you like a wonderful acting of Meryl Strip I advise you to watch it.

8davids8Date: Thursday, 31.03.2011, 22:34 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Nice review! Try to put in in my blog. And your further reviews as well)

matveevaDate: Friday, 12.08.2011, 13:21 | Message # 3
Student
I would like to tell about the last final of the famous Harry Potter series, called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Harry Potter tragically loses all his friends. Only the brave will survive . The culmination of the whole saga and struggle with Volan de Mort is ahead...
In the film, played by famous actors, with whom is associated the film. These are actors like Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Gary Oldman, Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, and so on.
If you watched all the previous parts of the movie about the famous wizard, you simply need to watch this last part and find out how this story will end.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 22.11.2011, 00:00 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
The last movie I watched in the cinema was “Contagion”. It was actually filled with very popular American actors but that did not help the movie at all. The plot was very primitive: so there was some super-virus that was a threat for the whole mankind (as usual) and then voila – the vaccine had appeared even earlier than we all started understanding the plot line! Certainly there were some victims but in general, at the end of the movie everybody was happy. The stupidest movie I have ever seen. I actually am very disappointed with the movies that have appeared in the cinema for the last few months. Or maybe I just choose not the best ones.

NikkyDate: Wednesday, 28.03.2012, 14:25 | Message # 5
Course monitor
I would like to tell about the film I've seen recently.
V for Vendetta is a 2006 dystopian thriller film directed by James McTeigue and produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers, who also wrote the screenplay. It is an adaptation of the V for Vendetta comic book by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. Set in London in a near-future dystopian society.
In the 2030s,the United Kingdom is ruled by a totalitarian government under the fascist Norsefire party. The party sets up Britain's new fascist regime. Evey Hammond, a young woman who works at the state-run British Television Network, is rescued from an attempted rape perpetrated by members of the secret police by a Guy Fawkes-masked vigilante known as "V". He leads her to a roof to watch his destruction of the Old Bailey. Norsefire tries to explain away the incident as a controlled demolition, but V takes over the state television broadcast the same day, exposing the lie. He urges the people of Britain to rise up against the government and meet him in one year, on 5 November, outside the Houses of Parliament, which he promises to destroy.
Follow-up revolves around the date of 5th November.
Hugo Weaving as V was incredibly awesome. His performance was convincing.
Natalie Portman as Evey Hammond won a Constellation Award for Best Female Performance, and a Saturn Award for Best Actress for her starring role. Her acting was really impressive. Portman even had her head shaved on screen during a scene where her character is tortured.
Film had a budget of $54 million. So, the effects and well-designed locations were realistic.
To sum-up, the film is really impressive and definitely worth seeing. The plot, cast, locations and costumes - everything was on a high-level. This film is about love, bravery, self-cultivation and many other urgent problems. I certainly would recommend you to watch it.

ZensaDate: Monday, 29.10.2012, 13:57 | Message # 6
Monitor
Last film I've seen was "Total Recall". I decided to watch it because of a treller which was very exited! Movie did't upset me and I advice all of you to wach it!

Added (29.10.2012, 13:57)
---------------------------------------------
Hey, everybody, it's me again! Last weekends I decided to go to the cinema w my friends! Our choice was Duhless because I recalled that i've read the book w the same name by Sergey Minaev. You know, some years ago when i was reading the book i stopped just to say: "Wow, its unbelievable!" and continue reading. This book was the best-seller and i can claim that after the film the number of readers will only increase!
Must say that the film is worth watching, but the book is more interesting, exiting and maybe more funny for me!
I think i could reread the book "Duhless" again and again. Not the film. Definitely.
The конец.
P.S. «IN MEMORY OF OUR SWEET DREAMS» cool

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 13:21 | Message # 7
Union committee president
Group: Moders
(thinker)
film «July and Julie»

Recently I also watched this movie. It was amazing! happy This film is dedicated to the wonderful women who have devoted their lives cooking. I also love cooking , so this film is close to me.

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 08:05 | Message # 8
Union organizer
I like the movie Silent Hill 2 smile

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 10.04.2013, 22:16 | Message # 9
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
I would like to tell you about such great film as "Leon". The producer of it is Luc Besson.
I liked the movie as soon as I watched it. Most of the films that I watched are alike, but this movie attracted me with unusual idea. Moreover, my THE MOST favourite actress was shot there. It is Natalie Portman. She and Jean Reno were a very harmonious pair in the film, despite the fact that they do not fit together in age. The beauty of the film was in this.
The story is about an ordinary girl whose name was Matilda, she could melt the heart of a ruthless killer Leon. She opened him as a kind and careful person.
By the way, the soundtrack of the film is "Shape of my heart". It is one of the most famous songs of Sting. This song helps to reflect the atmosphere of the film.
It is worth watching! I advise you to watch it if you have not seen!!

Added (10.04.2013, 22:16)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Nastay62rus)
I like the movie Silent Hill 2

Does it mean that you like horrors in general ? What is about the first part of Silent Hill ? Does it seem a scary film for you ?

Message edited by Perilova - Tuesday, 02.04.2013, 11:52

ValerieTrDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 16:03 | Message # 10
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
Quote (Perilova)
By the way, the soundtrack of the film is "Shape of my heart". It is one of the most famous songs of Sting.

Really?! I didn't know this! This is my favourite song smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Film review
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024