THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 19.05.2024, 03:12
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » New Age Music (Your new thoughts through new age music)
New Age Music
Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 06.10.2010, 09:23 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks, have you ever hear of the old notion of 'new age music'? Is it popular now? Do you have any fresh samples?

KaisaDate: Tuesday, 12.10.2010, 19:17 | Message # 2
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Yes, I have heard of such notion. As far as I understand, new age music is music of different styles which creates good mood. So, the main aim of new age is to bring its listener inspiration, relaxation and optimism.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 13.10.2010, 20:35 | Message # 3
Dean
Awards: 3
To tell the truth, I'm surprised. I don't know why but I thought it must be something depressing. Can you recommend me any group so that I can get myself familiar with this music?

KaisaDate: Thursday, 14.10.2010, 00:59 | Message # 4
Student
Actually, the most famous band in this genre is Enigma. But I would like to recommend you to listen to Enya. And my second recommendation would be a band Angels Of Venice.
And if you need some links, just let me know.

Message edited by Kaisa - Friday, 15.10.2010, 00:07

NadyaDate: Monday, 25.10.2010, 21:44 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I've never heard about them. Are these groups really so good?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 25.10.2010, 22:47 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, their music is so beautiful that I always feel like I'm in heaven when I listen to it!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

TanyaDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 20:24 | Message # 7
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Yes, this kind of music puts people in a state of relaxation using acoustic instruments. Speaking about the New Age it is the movement of occult, magic, universal healing, yoga, magic spells. In general this music was created for yoga, massage, meditation or to create a peaceful atmosphere at home.

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 00:23 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Nowadays a mix of different music styles is very popular. To my mind this is a "new age music"

Strawberry1992Date: Thursday, 17.05.2012, 20:21 | Message # 9
Monitor
I like new age music, but it doesn't mean that I don't like music of past years. smile Many events of my life are connected with different kinds of music. Today I like one style of music, tomorrow I will like absolutely another. It depends on our moods. I think that some kinds of new age music are not deserved the name of "music". Of cours though there were bad music in the privious time. sad

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:34 | Message # 10
Monitor
From 1968 to 1973, German musicians such as Edgar Froese (founder of Tangerine Dream), Holger Czukay (one of the founders of Can and a former student of Karlheinz Stockhausen), Popol Vuh, and Ashra released a number of works featuring experimental sounds and textures built with electronics, synthesizers, acoustic and electric instruments which were referred to as cosmic music. This experimentation provided early foundational influences for the ambient music and New Age music genres. In the late 1970s Brian Eno's defining explorations in ambient music further influenced the formation of the New Age music genre, as developed in the styles of musicians such as Robert Fripp, Jon Hassell, Laraaji, Harold Budd, Cluster, Jah Wobble (of post-punk band Public Image Limited).
In 1973, Mike Oldfield's unconventional progressive rock album Tubular Bells became one of the first albums to be referred to under the genre description of New Age music. Other influences are early electronic music, classical music, ethnic music and world music. The minimalism of Terry Riley and Steve Reich (Indian influenced in the former case) can also be cited as an influence, along with artists like Tony Conrad, La Monte Young who utilized drones since the early 1960s. Connected to the creation of New Age music is the resurgence of interest in Gregorian chant during the second half of the 20th century. Now, New Age music has branched out and also includes chanting of "spiritual" or ancient languages, and includes, but is not limited to Sanskrit, Latin, Gaelic, Hebrew and Gurmukhi. Popular artists in this genre include Krishna Das, Deva Premal, Bhagavan Das and Snatam Kaur.
The solo ECM performances by artists like Keith Jarrett (especially his record The Köln Concert), Ralph Towner (especially his records Blue Sun and Solo Concert) and Lyle Mays's first eponymous album, are usually thought to be an influence on Ambient/New Age music. The acoustic solo and group performances by the early Windham Hill artists such as William Ackerman, Alex de Grassi, George Winston, and Michael Hedges were called New Age for much of the last 30 years.
Popular themes in New Age music include space and the cosmos, environment and nature, wellness in being, harmony with one's self and the world, dreams or dreaming and journeys of the mind or spirit. Titles of New Age albums and songs are frequently descriptive: examples include Shepherd Moons (Enya), Straight' a Way to Orion (Kitaro), Touching the Clouds (Symbiosis), and One Deep Breath (Bradley Joseph).

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » New Age Music (Your new thoughts through new age music)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024