THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 13:10
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » If I were the city mayor
If I were the city mayor
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 04.12.2010, 11:16 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
City Mayor - Today and Tomorrow!
What if you once decided to run for Mayorship?
Answer these questions to test your capabilities and competencies!

What would you do for the city of Ryazan if you were the mayor? What would you change? What would you get rid of?
What would you support and develop? What would you promise to the citizens? What would you tell business people?
How would you structure city services? How would you guarantee constitutional rights?
What would you do to decrease unemployment? How would you secure stable investments into the regional economy?
What measures would you take to make the city cleaner?

SileneeeDate: Monday, 06.12.2010, 23:02 | Message # 2
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
If I were the mayor of Ryazan, I would return trams because this transport was environmentally friendly. I would develop the tram railway tracks and, if possible, would take them to the city centre, the central streets. This would allow to prevent traffic jams and people wouldn't waste so much time on travelling. I would open the Oka Cinema again, it once had a really bid screen. I would support a TV advertising campaign to make Ryazan a clean and nice city. I would hold talks with Ryazan Mobile Communications Companies to lower user prices. I would create a fund for people who need material aid. The money would be redirected from the tax revenues that businesses pay annually. If I were the city mayor, I would invite foreign investors to create new work places. I would do everything possible to re-open the closed military schools because they added a lot to the popular image of the city.

TanyaDate: Wednesday, 08.12.2010, 22:55 | Message # 3
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
If I were the mayor of Ryazan, I would try to solve the problem concerning traffic jams in our city. I would also try to solve the problem concerning demolition of dilapidated shelters. Today there are many families who have to live in houses which are not suitable for it. Another problem is the absence of illumination on the streets during the hours of darkness.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 04.01.2011, 19:49 | Message # 4
Dean
Awards: 3
Are all these rhings really possible? I mean can an honest, responsible and compassionate person put them into practice? Maybe it's not attainable at all? Or one needs to be sometimes even cruel? It's a well-known fact that it is difficult to please everybody...

SileneeeDate: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 21:52 | Message # 5
Monitor
Yes,it's difficult to please everybody,but it's possible to make the living level higher,isn't it?
Someone saves money for food and someone saves money for a new house in Moscow or abroad.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 09.01.2011, 12:18 | Message # 6
Dean
Awards: 3
Agree, but still what traits of character should one have to be a successful politician? H'm, no, not successful but "proper"? I mean not self-profit but his popularity with average citizens.

SileneeeDate: Wednesday, 19.01.2011, 01:10 | Message # 7
Monitor
It's impossible to be proper because everybody makes mistakes and it is quite natural only the difference is one makes a little mistake and another doesn't think at all and spoil everything that he sees.As far as popularity is concerned, not all mayors have it with their citizens.Popularity is also different, positive p. enjoys respect and the negative one is worth anything.

Message edited by Sileneee - Monday, 07.03.2011, 23:06

Strawberry1992Date: Thursday, 17.05.2012, 21:34 | Message # 8
Monitor
If I were a mayor of the city I'd make it clean. I would forbade drinking alchohol on the Square of Victory. I think that there are many things in Ryazan which leave much to be desired. The first thing which leave much to be desired is the state of roads. There are no pavements on some streets.... bye

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 00:21 | Message # 9
Monitor
To my mind, our town is quite pretty, but it has some disadvantages. And, certainly, these shortcomings happen through the citizens' fault. So if I were a mayor, I would like to change our people's mentality. Only this decision can change situation on the whole.

:)Date: Friday, 28.09.2012, 09:59 | Message # 10
Union organizer
If I were a mayor of the city I'd build the underground.It is very comfortable thing for our city.there are a lot of cars on the streets and there are a lot of traffic jams.I hate them,because its take away my time!

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 02.10.2012, 11:44 | Message # 11
Union committee president
Group: Moders
So if I were a mayor, I would like to change our people's mentality.

Is that really possible? What measures would you take to dispose of the problem??

As for me, I think the best way to improve the life of the citizens is to improve the appearance of Ryazan at first. There should be no bottles and other rubbish on the streets. The condition of some dwellings leaves much to be desired (just imagine what's inside these buildings!). Futhermore, most of the roads are full of holes and look like a big sieve (I count up to tens of them on my way home). In addition, there are not enough street lamps in the city and this is a question of vital importance especially for students who study in the second (evening) session))) One more problem I'd like to mention is a lack of drain channels as it's nearly impossible to walk down the streets in some areas in spring. So, here is a short list of the most important problems that need to be solved as soon as possible. I guess there are a few things for our authorities now to ponder over, aren't there??

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 08:47 | Message # 12
Union organizer
I would close up all holes on roads biggrin

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 14.03.2013, 19:24 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Quote (Nastay62rus)
I would close up all holes on roads
Do you believe that it's really possible?))

PerilovaDate: Monday, 08.04.2013, 20:31 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (Nastay62rus)
I would close up all holes on roads

Is it the main problem of this town in your opinion ?

TeacherDate: Saturday, 06.09.2014, 01:14 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Perilova, what other city problems can you mention?

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » If I were the city mayor
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024