THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 30.04.2024, 08:09
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » One Language for Humankind » One Language for Humankind
One Language for Humankind
PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 02:28 | Message # 16
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
All of us know of  such an artificial universal language as Esperanto. It was an effort of a warsaw scientist who tried to reconcile and unite the warring people living in the same territory. Then people need it  to prevent disputes, but now i think there is no such necessity. People live in different areas and they speak different languages, they enjoy it. Every  language is a value of a nation. Each language is a reflection of a culture of a country, people  try to save it. I believe humanity doesn't need a universal language for communication, it is a choice of an individual.

Message edited by Perilova - Friday, 06.09.2013, 00:48

ValerieTrDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 02:30 | Message # 17
Union committee president
It can not be denied that English is a widespread language. For lots of people English is their native and second language. Nowadays people must learn it because this is the language of communication between people all over the world. If you want to have a good job, you should also know this language. But I agree with the statement that people from different countries represent their culture. Their culture is unique. If people have one universal language, they'll lose their individuality.

:)Date: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 11:11 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Group: Users
Nowadays there are a lot of people who speak English and a huge number of people who learn this language. People do it to have a good job or for traveling.as for me I learn English to be a teacher.i think that every person should know two or three languages.it is very interesting. You learn language and culture of other countries. It's really cool when you know a lot about our world and when you can communicate with different people....

Johnny_BravoDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 11:22 | Message # 19
Union organizer
Of course i think that it's impossible to create one language for all people. Language is the way of thinking, so i believe you will agree that using a foreign language is just the same as using alien brain to express your OWN ideas or opinions. Moreover every language is unique, for example we have a lot of different concepts in Russian that we can't express using any other language exept Russian. That's why using a global language destroys your native cultural herritage. But i agree that we have to create one language for all scientific,health, IT and other concepts. And English almost does it.

NikkiDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 13:28 | Message # 20
Student
The most part of the population of a planet uses English as the native language or as foreign. In many countries learning of foreign languages in educational institutions is obligatory. English also was very strongly fixed for a long time in all branches of our life. Today ability to communicate in English became norm and even need

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 13:29 | Message # 21
Union organizer
From my point of view, it is one of the silliest idea to create one languge for people. I agree that we have many problems when we try to talk with people from other countries but It shouldn't make us think about creation one language for everybody. Every language have developed for a long time and if all of us will speak one language, we can lose other language. Thus, we can lose a lot of traditions or even part of our history!!! Cutting a long story short, i want to say that I think that we shouldn't create one language. We should speak our native language and save our culture and history. We should't lose our uniqueness.

FoxyTDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 18:05 | Message # 22
Group: Moders
It's a well known and real fact that English is the most popular and widespread language in the world. A lot of people speak English and write on it, use English words and phrases in everyday life. 
But I don't think that English will bе the single language for Humankind because even English is the language-collector, not a separate language. Moreover, it's a bad idea because in this case all differences between all people should be erased, all nations should become one and give up their own language and identity. But it's unrealistic and unfair because each nation has a long history and a right to exist.

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 20:06 | Message # 23
Head teacher
Quote (FoxyT)
English and write on it, use English words and phrases in everyday life.
  Can you give some examples of English phrases which we can't  translate into Russian or any other language ?  Is there such English idioms that you use every day ?

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 20:09 | Message # 24
Do you think one language for humankind influence society negatively?
What do you think about  changes in the language's stucture?
Why do some people want to have one universal language?
Will society change if people use the same language?
What language, in your opinion, can be as universal?

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 20:51 | Message # 25
Head teacher
Quote (ValerieTr)
It can not be denied that English is a widespread language

Is there  a second language in the world  having the same value as the English ?

Added (04.09.2013, 20:51)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (:))
i think that every person should know two or three languages
Do you agree that the study of a language promotes  to the development outlook ? What do you think about a universal anguage ?

Message edited by Perilova - Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 20:27

:)Date: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 21:45 | Message # 26
Union organizer
What do you think about people who know English well?
Why do a huge number of people learn English?
Is it necessary to have a good pronunciation?
What do you think is English a Global language or not?
Why did you decide to learn English?

FoxyTDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 22:53 | Message # 27
Group: Moders
Do you like to learn English?
Do you simply learn English than Russian or any other language?
Do you consider that every Russian citizen should know English at a minimum level?
Would you like all countries have a single language?
Would you like Russian has become as well known and widespread as English?

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 01:51 | Message # 28
What exercises can help a person to develop his or her language skills?
What exercises do you do to develop your pronunciation?
What do you think about "dead" languages? Should people learn Latin for example?
What languages are popular nowadays?
What languages besides English do you want to learn?

JaneDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 02:35 | Message # 29
Monitor
Do you know how the English language developed?
What is your aim of leaning English?
Do you want to share your knowledge with other people?
Do you agree that English will be change in the future?
Should we create a new language?

Johnny_BravoDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 09:54 | Message # 30
Union organizer
Do you think it is possible to create one global language?
Why do you think people decided not to use Esperanto?
As for you, what problems can we find using one global language?
Do you agree that using one language is a sign of globalisation?
What do you think about possitive aspects of using global language?

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » One Language for Humankind » One Language for Humankind
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024