THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 23:14
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » One Language for Humankind » Esperanto language (An artificial language or our future way of communication)
Esperanto language
TeacherDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 10:50 | Message # 16
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Ayayulia, sometimes we also choose language which is easier for learning. As for me, when we were choosing our second language in for studing, I chose German, because I'd learned it before, that's why it's much easier for me to learn this language than any other one. At the same time we learn any language not for fun only, we are going to use it in our future life. I think, if it is necessary, you, me and any other person, will probably learn Esperanto.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 18.10.2010, 19:16 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Are you sincere? Do you really think of such an opportunity? In what case?

8davids8Date: Monday, 18.10.2010, 21:38 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Esperanto has no practical value, it's hard to imagine that someday you'll have a business trip to Esperanto-country, or people out of there would come to Russia with a business visit. To make Esperanto a universal language a whole generation should pass, and only on conditions of speaking Esperanto from the very birth. A language should have a basis in the form of native speakers, but not those who have learned it during the life. So my assumption is that any artificial language can't become an international one.

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 11:40 | Message # 19
Head teacher
I think we can use Esperanto as a world-language, because it will be objectively so-to-say. Yes, we have English that is widely spread, but it's a particular language of a particular country. I mean that it belongs to one nation, and we are creating from it an international language. English loses its nationality.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 18:35 | Message # 20
Dean
And are you sure that the same thing can't be repeated with Esperanto? If it is a world-language, it will certainly begin to metamorphose after a while.

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 13:52 | Message # 21
Head teacher
lovefootball), Esperanto doesn't have any nationality, if I'm not mistaken.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 21:09 | Message # 22
Dean
Of course, It doesn't. I just think the situation should remain unchanged as far as the usage of this language is concerned.

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 21:09 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Quote (Seagull)
I think we can use Esperanto as a world-language

Can we? But why don't we?
I think that we should consider the Esperanto language as a linguistic phenomenon existing just for the sake of culture, history and science. The fact that it became more widespread than, for instance, Klingon and Elvish (which can be found in fiction), is well explained by its logic and simplicity. But could we assume that this very reason, I mean - simplicity, makes it a dead language? There are so few irregularities in it, it is so well-ordered and organized, that it doesn't seem human. The language reflects the way we think. The failure of Esperanto proves that this language is not the way we think.

By the way, this is the Conlang Flag which is a symbol of all those constructed (artificial) languages people have ever tried to invent. It depicts the Babel Tower - the sign of a universe language for all.

Attachments: 8706325.png (5.6 Kb)

TeacherDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 02:58 | Message # 24
Head teacher
MissJane, it's a bad sign I think. It reminds us about one of the universal truths: don't become proud and don't think you are equal to God.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 22:03 | Message # 25
Union organizer
Group: Friends
You talk like I'm the one who participated in construction of the Babel Tower smile
The Conlang Flag symbolizes the mythological times when all people had one language for all and were happy with it. For linguists it is a sign of desperate attempts to come back to the times before the Babel Tower (I mean the times of a universal language) for scientists have to admit it is unobtainable.

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » One Language for Humankind » Esperanto language (An artificial language or our future way of communication)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024