THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 02:05
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Tanya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Silence » Silence Therapy (Feeling better being silent)
Silence Therapy
Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 09:31 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Can we talk of Silence Therapy?
Is it effective? Is it a mere block-out that results from too much stress?
Is silence important for your health and state of mind?
Have you ever cured anybody by silence?
Has silence ever cured you?
Does silence give energy or drain you?
Experts say that silence holds the key to a wholesome life, ultimate liberation and attainment of happiness.
Experts say that in silencewe can get clarity about our visions and wishes, our patterns of thinking and feeling and how we act in our world.
Experts insist that silence is a tool which helps us know and experience fully who we are and what our purpose in life is.
Is it really so?

TanyaDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 01:25 | Message # 2
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
To tell the truth it is really unusual kind of therapy. But I think sometimes it is really nesessary to keep silence. It gives you a chance to concentrate on your thoughts and ideas. When your mind is calm you will have a balanced and positive outlook on life. It helps us to think of who we are, what is life and what is our purpose in life.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 21:06 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
No doubt, silence is essential sometimes but I'm not sure that the notion "therapy" is applicable in this case. Maybe it should be combined with something else to produce the desirable effect? I just can't imagine how a person who has just quarreled with the boss, lost his salary and given a lecture to his children can calm down at once just sitting in peace.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 21.11.2010, 23:25 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I don't have an experience of being in complete silence... I'm always surrounded by all kinds of noises both indoors and outdoors. I think, most of the people who live on this planet feel the same. We've got used to it and think it's normal. And we are really afraid of silence, we avoid it and look for a quiet place only when we need to do some serious work that needs attention and concentration or want to think something over alone. So, even if we seek silence we concentrate on difficult problems and tasks and our brain is working hard trying to solve them.
But what if we try to let silence surround us just because we want to feel it and free our minds from all disturbing thoughts? I think, in this case silence can really help to forget about all troubles and enjoy being alive. I'm sure we can consider silence as a part of stress reducing therapy. It's also one of the most important ways to self-perfection and self-knowledge in a great number of Asian religious systems.
But as everything in this life, it depends when we are talking about stress fighting. There are people who need constant support and tender touches and kind words will be better "therapy" for them in difficult life situations.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 22.11.2010, 19:28 | Message # 5
Dean
And there are also people who are afraid of silence because it associates with loneliness,exinanition or even death. I don't know whether it's normal or not. On the one hand, it's rather clear - noise and fuss stand for stirring life, talks, friends, changeable emotions...It's little wonder that people don't want to lose all that. But on the other hand it seems strange to me that a person can be afraid of being alone and reflect upon something in peace.

MissJaneDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 19:07 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I remember when I was a child, a playmate of mine, who stammered awfully all the time, was prescribed a strange 'medicine'. His parents were desperate about their son's speech defect and would go to dozens of clinics to seek support and advice from doctors. One of their relatives, an old lady who was told to be a folk healer, recommended them silence therapy. The boy didn't utter a word for 2 weeks. We learned to communicate with him through gestures and written notes as he was forbidden to shed a sound. After these 2 weeks he began to speak more fluently and stammered less than ever (though you could hear him prolonging the sounds). I'm sure this silence therapy managed to calm down the boy and he felt much less awkward keeping silence. By the way, he could make sure that his friends were still willing to mix up with him.

AmarantaDate: Thursday, 29.03.2012, 23:00 | Message # 7
Monitor
Awards: 0
To my mind, the idea of Silence Therapy is rather successful. Nowadays, we live in big cities where there is a lot of transport, people, conversations, different noises... As for me, sometimes I get tired of them. At that time I need Silence. It helps me relax. I like listening to music in my ear-phones, but there are moments when I take them off and enjoy silence.

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 01.04.2012, 19:49 | Message # 8
Monitor
There's so much noise in our life and sometimes we get tired of it. So Silence Therapy seems to me a great idea. Unfornunately, we don't have much opportunities to enjoy silence.

RosebudDate: Thursday, 03.05.2012, 22:51 | Message # 9
Monitor
Sometimes we are so tired of people, the enivironment, noise, cities and we want to be alone, to sit in silence, to stay with our thoughts in private. I think it is very useful. A person should have a rest from others, from other people's words and thoughts, opinions,criticism. It is important to listen not only to people but yourself as well. The main thing is not to lose youself in the world among alien people, their alien words and actions.

vanillaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 23:16 | Message # 10
Monitor
In our modern world there is hardly ever complete silence. People also avoid silence and even seem to be afraid of it. There is always some background noise, whether that is traffic, music or a TV. It is difficult for some of us to be in silence because it so clearly brings up our own identity. We are so often playing a role and are actually embarrassed or ashamed of who we are. We are not in peace with ourselves so we try to keep our mind busy with different kinds of input so that we do not have to think of who we really are. So silence therapy is the best way to find inner harmony.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Silence » Silence Therapy (Feeling better being silent)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024