THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 20:35
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Work » The History of Sunday
The History of Sunday
dmkalmykovDate: Monday, 28.03.2011, 22:45 | Message # 1
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
How I spent my Sunday.
On Sunday, I got up when my little daughter got up. She got up at 7.30. My wife had already left for Ryazan to our flat. We had breakfast together and began to play. We played with a ball and dolls and watched TV. When my wife came from Ryazan, she prepared lunch. We had family lunch all together. After lunch my daughter and wife took a nap, but i went skiing in the forest. I skied for two hours. After skiing i came back to my house and waited for my business friends. When they arrived, we spoke some time and drank tea. After that i said "good bye" to my friends, and my daughter and I started playing again. Finally, all my family sat down to watch TV and then we all went to sleep.

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 13:30 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Last Sunday was really exciting for me as well. My friends and I got together at about 8 in the morning. We all had snowmobiles. We decided to arrange a kind og snow racing in the local fields and woods. The agreed on the route of 5 km across the fields, hills, ravines, and frozen lakes. We also thought of a prize for the winner - a pair of racing gloves. We enjoyed racing across the snowy wildreness and had a lot of fun, too. Everyone had three attempts to make. We raced for about three or four hours, had a few tea-breaks, fooled around. We got back at about 1 p.m. and had barbecue in the back yard of my house. It was a lovely day biggrin

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:59 | Message # 3
Monitor
And as for the history of this day is concerned, Sunday is the day of the week between Saturday and Monday. For most Christians, Sunday is observed as a day for worship of God and rest, due to the belief that it is Lord's Day, the day of Christ's resurrection.

:)Date: Thursday, 20.09.2012, 21:11 | Message # 4
Union organizer
In the Sunday I visited my grandparents.We gathered mushrooms in the forest.I like to visit my grandparents...

AriesDate: Thursday, 20.09.2012, 23:46 | Message # 5
Union organizer
In the Sunday I with my mother visiteded my aunt.
Her son had a birthday and we came to congratulate him.
We drank tea and spend time cheerfully.

ArchieDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 20:19 | Message # 6
Monitor
I wish i had free time at sundays, just as all of you. But unfortunately every sunday I start withwashing my clothes that I have piled up this week. After that i preparing food to eat, and usually it is not simple food. On sundays I usually cook pilaf, soup or some meat dishes. After cooking I start to do my homework. This year every sunday I prepare myself to seminars of EFL teaching, stylistics, I do german, I read english books and so on. After that (late evening) I have rest. This sunday is the same biggrin Oh, I'm a little bit tired of such a lot of homework

Message edited by Archie - Sunday, 23.09.2012, 20:20

mrsbukaleDate: Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 23:48 | Message # 7
Monitor
Sunday is a pleasant day after a great Friday! You open your eyes and realize that weekends have come, in spite of the fact that you are to go to the University. You wait Sunday whole the week but it passes very quickly, before you could bat an eye. The University, family, a great weekend party with friends, new emotions before next week.. it's better if all days had 24 hours and Sunday and Saturday had 42 hours, each of them..

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 12:11 | Message # 8
Monitor
Usually I spend Saturday and Sunday in my native city Skopin. I feel really happy when I jump into the bus and set out. But it happens very seldom today.((( I have a lot of home tasks and I can't loose my time on my way to home. I miss badly my parents, friends who live in Skopin. I so want to have a walk with them and not to think that I need to do my home assignments! Oh my God!

Little_MuDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 18:29 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Quote (Aries)

Where does your aunt live? Does she live in the other city?

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.09.2012, 00:18 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Quote (Little_Mu)
Quote (Aries)

Where does your aunt live? Does she live in the other city?

Yes, she lives in the other city. She lives in Luchovitsy.

Johnny_BravoDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 01:10 | Message # 11
Union organizer
(:))
In the Sunday I visited my grandparents.We gathered mushrooms in the forest.I like to visit my grandparents...

Do you like gathering mushrooms in the forest? Where do your grandparents live?

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 19.02.2013, 13:05 | Message # 12
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Quote (Rosebud)
. I so want to have a walk with them and not to think that I need to do my home assignments! Oh my God!

I understand you! My parents live in Samara, but it's much farther than Skopin((( I don't see them for 5 months ... (
But you have some friends here, right? Do they help you not feel sad?

PerilovaDate: Tuesday, 19.02.2013, 23:02 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (:))

What do you usually do on a Sunday? Do you agree Sunday is a very sad day ?

Message edited by Perilova - Tuesday, 19.02.2013, 23:02

FoxyTDate: Thursday, 28.02.2013, 22:19 | Message # 14
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Sunday is my favorite and unloved day simultaneouly. This is the day when you can sleep all day long and do what you want or do nothing. But I often don't know what to do in my single day off... then an off day become a bit boring)

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Work » The History of Sunday
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024