• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Attire
Body Art: Attire
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 10:02 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
We wear different clothes for different reasons - protect against cold, rain, excessive heat, scratches; to attract attention; to occupy your own social territory; to represent your own self differently in different settings.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 19:58 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
That's true but I think most of these reasons have receded into the background. It goes without saying that clothes protect us and so on but now we have new reasons that are (strange as it may seem) more psychological than biological: status, the desire to express oneself,inferiority complex... BUT all that doesn't mean,of course, that we can't choose clothes just depending on our mood and taste.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 00:22 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I can’t deny that there are certain rules of choosing clothes according to age, sex, status, occasion, etc. But they are not universal! They shouldn’t be obeyed all the time!
A person can express his or her mood and tastes through clothes. That why I’m against uniform and dressing in the same style all the time. As for me, I can come to the university wearing a strict black dress and on high heels. And next day you will see me wearing jeans and a T-shirt with a terrible monster on the back. I like to be different. I’m not afraid to look eccentric.
I think that everyone should find his or her own style. In order to make it we should experiment a lot, every day, from the early childhood. I’m sure children mustn’t be forced to wear school form. I just don’t understand why it can be necessary? Teachers should try to affect children’s intellectual and moral development and first of all see what’s inside, shouldn’t they?
When I was in the 11th form, all girls in my school were told not to wear high heels shoes, jeans, low neck blouses, short skirts, bright dresses and so on… The explanation was brilliant. “Remember, bright and provocative clothes distract your classmates from studies!” Hm, I think mobile phones ruined the educational process much more.

P.S. If I were a teacher, I would pay no attention to my students’ clothes. I would say: “Friends, if you are interested in collaboration between you and me, if you are ready and willing to work, wear what you want. You may even put on masks or wear costumes of your favorite movie heroes – I’ll say nothing. If it seems normal to you and helps you to feel at ease, it will be OK.”

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 00:23 | Message # 4
Monitor
Awards: 0
a couple of words about school uniform... I agree with our precious predator, children must not be forced to wear uniform... BUT(!) I have a question.... WHY do Japanese students like to wear the uniform? Because it's cute....They make it cute themselves. Why can't our pupils have the same clothes and make them unique? E.g. put pins, ribbons etc

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 01:24 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Kachan, you would look great in the uniform worn by Japanese students! If you like it, you can imitate this style.
But I'm not sure it will suit everyone. For example, I can't imagine myself wearing it.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 02:41 | Message # 6
Monitor
Awards: 0
oooh, Burn! Let's make it together! To my mind, both of us would look great!

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 12:32 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Actually clothes mean little for me. To my mind, there are only three criteria for choosing the outfit. You should decide:
1) whether it suits the occasion;
2) whether it sets off the figure;
3) whether you feel comfortable in it.
I never take the price of the garb into consideration. In fact I appreciate it when people spend little money on clothes. One had better spend huge sums on fitness center and healthy nourishment and get oneself into shape. After that you can wear even a sloppy gown and you'll look perfect.

RinaDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 23:25 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Awards: 4
The criteria you have listed are very logical and I can't but agree with you. But I'd like to add one more thing - clothes shouldn't be boring. It doesn't mean that I like people who look like parrots or clowns, but I always like people who manage to make their clothes a part of their personality. More than that, a lot depends on what one wears clothes with. Different accessories can make even a modest dress catching. As for me I don't like expensive jewellery - I prefer interesting things with their "history" - hand-made accessories, the things I've bought during travelling, my granny's accessories or just funny earrings that are associated with something (or somebody) I like))))

AsyaDate: Monday, 13.06.2011, 14:45 | Message # 9
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
yeah, accessories are your strong point. I enjoy your way of choosing them. They stick to the eye, suit your outlook and are so cute!!! next time i need new earrings I'll take you with me. Again!!! biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 13.06.2011, 17:44 | Message # 10
Dean
Excuse me but I can't believe my eyes!!! Clothes mean little to you? There must be some misunderstanding because I'm absolutely sure that you always look good! As for prices, I agree with you on the point that it's pointless to spend huge sums of money in pursuit of pseudo recognition and respect. And of course making an idol of one's dress is out of the question. But I'm strongly convinced that what you put on is extremely important and for me it's almost a crime to neglect it. The selection is akin to art! So many factors should be taken into account! Alongside with those that you've correctly mentioned I can point out the complexion,hair colour and facial features. In most cases it's efficient to make use of contrast, for example, sometimes it's unfavourable to wear garish colours and "hard" materials if your appearance is showy as it is (still it's a very individual matter). Besides, there's one condition that MUST be observed by everyone who doesn't want to waste money: buying a new item keep in mind the inside of your wardrobe because things should be combined with each other! Ha, saing this I express only a small part of my love for clothes and creating this or that image)

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:59 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Clothes can hide different defects of your body. Clothes divided all people into fashionable and unfashionable. And from ancient times people desired and aspired to be fashionable because it was and still is a half of your success in life.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2011, 12:38 | Message # 12
Dean
You're absolutely right emphasizing the importance of proper clothes! I say "proper" because such an outfit can really work wonders. Now you see a shapeless gray apology for a young girl and then,pop!, and there is a charming slim graceful lady in front of you. It may sound ridiculous but it's so! As for your division I wouldn't be so categorical. The word "fashionable" is too narrow. A lot of people try to follow current trends but some of them can't put them into practice and the whole attire is a complete mess. Besides we shouldn't mix up "haute couture" (they give tone to the season) and everyday clothes.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Attire
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024