THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 19.04.2024, 11:06
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Poetry » Classical Japanese Poetry.
Classical Japanese Poetry.
TanyaDate: Friday, 03.06.2011, 00:59 | Message # 1
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Japan has a very rich history of poetry. When Chinese poetry was introduced to the Japanese many years ago, they slowly integrated it into their own culture. Japanese poems are known as wakas which literally means “Japanese poems.” Japanese poems are known for both their profound simplicity and the deep emotional connections to their readers. The history of Japanese poems stretches far back into history. One of the most famous poets is no Yasumaro, who composed poems in 712 AD. But perhaps the most well-known Japanese poet is the man known as Kobayashi Issa. He was famous for his haikus. The most famous type of Japanese poem is the haiku. Today’s haiku are very short poems that consist of seventeen syllables. The tanka is older than the haiku but not nearly as well-known. This format has been around for 1,300 years. Tanka used to be written after every major event in Japanese history and tended to be longer than the haiku. Tanka poems were written almost exclusively about feelings.
Haiku
They spoke no word.
The visitor, the host,
And the white chrysanthemum. (Ryota)

Tanka
Many clouds unfurled
rise at cloud-decked Izumo;
Round you spouse to hold
raise many folded barriers
like those barriers manifold.

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 22:09 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Awards: 5
This is a very unusual poetic style. We got used to Pushkin's, Esenin's, Tyutchev's poems and not so many people in our country know what japanese poems are. But to my mind this kind of literature is also worth reading. There are only a few lines in a poem but what a deep meaning they have!

RinaDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 01:07 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Actually, I really like Haiku. I admire people's ability to make just some words so meaningful! It seems to be simple but the more you think about it, the better you understand that to transmit great ideas you don't need complicated words

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 12:28 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I also think that it is one of the most difficult ways of writing poetry. And you probably need to think the words and the meanings over a lot. And then you get just a few short lines...But every person understands them as he or she can.

RinaDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 14:16 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Awards: 4
And isn't it wonderful? I mean that one and the same thing provokes different thoughts and emotions... I do like it when certain object of art can be interpreted in different ways and doesn't impose the author's opinion and vision. At least it makes people think and make their own decisions)))

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.12.2012, 09:09 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I heard that this poetry is very beautiful))

Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Poetry » Classical Japanese Poetry.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024