THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 06.05.2024, 00:31
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Cuisine - Food or Thought or Art » Japanese Cuisine
Japanese Cuisine
RinaDate: Monday, 09.05.2011, 16:55 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Do you like Japanese cuisine? Are you fond of suchi? have you ever tried to cook them? What other traditional Japanese dishes do you know?
As for me, I finally managed to cook Onigiri. Onigiri is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or oval shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). That's how they look like:

Traditionally, an onigiri is filled with pickled ume, salted salmon, or any other salty or sour ingredient. I've filled my onigiri with salted salmon and pickled ginger.
Actually, it's rather time-consuming process. First you have to boil rice, then wait till it's warm enough not to burn your fingers, then shape a flat rice tablet, put some filling in the middle of it and then shape a triangular. Be very careful, it's rather difficult to shape smth from rice... But it's really worth doing it! Mmm... yum-yum

Attachments: 3508754.jpg (164.9 Kb)

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 07.09.2011, 18:27 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I'm sure it sounds strange but I've never tried any dishes of Japanese cuisine (even suchi))) though it's quite popular currently)) I just know that usually people eat rice, fish and other sea food in this country. Anyway, I'd love to try something traditional because Japan is a country with a very interesting, mysterious and specific culture so there is no doubt that the food there must be good too:) By the way, Onigiri looks very tasty:)

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:56 | Message # 3
Monitor
Group: Users
Japanese cuisine offers a great variety of dishes and regional specialties. Some of the most popular Japanese and Japanized dishes are listed below: rice dishes, seafood dishes, noodle dishes, nabe dishes, soya bean dishes, yoshoku dishes and other dishes. Practically all of them are uncommon for russian people and even seem to us tasteless. But it doesn't prevent us to perceive the other nation's cultures.

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.12.2012, 09:24 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Users
I don't like Japanese cuisine.

Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Cuisine - Food or Thought or Art » Japanese Cuisine
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024