THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 28.03.2024, 18:44
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: MissJane  
Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Dressing Styles - Routine or Code » Japanese Wedding Dress
Japanese Wedding Dress
TanyaDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 22:33 | Message # 1
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
When thinking of a wedding dress the image of a bride in a flowing white gown of silk and lace walking down the aisle is what comes to mind for many. In the Japanese culture, however, the wedding dress is a simple kimono made of white for the ceremony and brightly colored for the reception and celebrations following the wedding.
The Japanese wedding dress takes in all the rich culture of the Japanese. The traditional wedding kimono is actually made from several kimonos which are changed throughout the wedding celebration.
The white kimono worn for the reciting of the vows is called the shiro-maku. It is traditionally a white kimono made from silk and is worn throughout the wedding until the reception. The shito-maku is a long kimono and must be held up when walking.
The bride wears a tsuno-kakushiover on her head. This literally translates into to hide horns. The wearing of this head piece shows the bride’s willingness to enter into marriage and take on her role as a wife.
After the wedding ceremony the bride places a brightly colored kimono over the shiro-maku for the wedding reception. This is the first of many wardrobe changes for the bride through the wedding ceremony. This kimono, called the uchikake, takes its semblance from the elaborate kimonos worn by the royal court.
The changing of clothes throughout the reception is meant to show the bride’s readiness to return to the modern world.
The Japanese wedding dress traditions are important in the culture of the Japanese people. The dresses symbolize the culture and customs of the Japanese, and thus it is a very important garment.

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 11:18 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
It is a nice topic)) But firstly, I would like to speak about our wedding but not japanese one.
Quote (Tanya)
When thinking of a wedding dress the image of a bride in a flowing white gown of silk and lace walking down the aisle is what comes to mind for many.

well yes, you are right. For many people it is really so...But I have always thought that it is not the best variant to have a huuuuuge white dress...I think that a short close-fitting dress and high stiletto heels would look much better and also stylish))What do you think about it?))

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 07.09.2011, 18:40 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Personally, I agree with you. Nevertheless, it's everyone's choice. And a lot of people still prefer this huge white dress in order to keep and follow the tradition. But other people think that it's better to look very stylish on such an important and unforgettable day. Anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter what dress you choose. The most important thing for any bride should be standing out against the background.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 12.09.2011, 13:53 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (Luck)
I think that a short close-fitting dress

I feel I disagree! There are lots of various occasions on which women can put on a short close-fitting dress that shows off one's best natural lines! But a big airy wedding dress will surely be never owrn again! And it will surely be a perfect disguise for the curious!

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:46 | Message # 5
Monitor
Group: Users
The Japanese bridal fashion industry is booming and it's a shame that the gorgeous dresses aren't easily visible to the Western world. This site then aims to point you towards the right direction. For example, Japanese bridal fashion designer Eiko owns and runs Aliansa, a wedding dress boutique that specializes in contemporary Kimono wedding gowns. The dresses are cut modern wedding gowns in the Western style (as opposed to the traditional kimono style) except that rich and luxurious kimono fabric is used for adornment or as the gown's fabric itself.

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.12.2012, 09:34 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Users
Do you want such dress? What shape?

Forum » JAPANESE WORLD - OVER THERE BUT SO CLOSE » Japanese Dressing Styles - Routine or Code » Japanese Wedding Dress
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024