THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 18.04.2024, 08:47
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Why should I become a theatre-goer? (Statements, negations, questions, exclamations.)
Why should I become a theatre-goer?
TeacherDate: Saturday, 06.09.2014, 00:52 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Why should I become a theatre-goer?
Isn't it just interesting and exciting?
Can't I find there ways to solve my problems?
Isn't it a reflection of a real life?
Don't I want to dip into a kind of a parallel reality?
Isn't it a social sphere one should belong to?
Isn't it one of the ancient forms of entertainment?
Can't it be simply a chance to rest from the modern world and society?
Attachments: 3742774.jpg (23.5 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

ValerkaDate: Sunday, 07.09.2014, 16:53 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
You know  most people say that theathe is a waste of time. So, nowadays people prefer going to cimena, restaurants and clubs. Here there is a question: Why does the teathre exist in general?The main reason for going the theatre is an educative aim. People who attended the theatre do not just sit there for three hours, they spend time with the hope of finding answers to some internal questions of life.Moreover, theatre hepls to rest and escape from everyday problems. If  you really want to live separate, completely different life and undergo real feelings, you should go to the theatre.Also you should know that ,in fact, the theater provides a rare opportunity to present in his mind  eternal themes, and then compare its performance with the your own life!!!

ValerieTrDate: Tuesday, 09.09.2014, 00:36 | Message # 3
From my point of view, going to theatres is a good way to escape from daily routine and just to relax participating in the activity that develops your outlook. You can watch different classical theatrical plays, for example. But I think, the greatest advantage of going to theatres is that a play happens right in front of you. Theatrical cast don't have a try to reshoot something was done wrong. It's live. During the performance,you can feel emotions of the audience, you can also cry/laugh/feel sympathy for the characters. It makes us more human. What is more, theatre gives you the possibility to think about yourself and about your life. It can also give you a way out from difficult life situations. You just should pay attention to details while watching. That's what you should do dealing with art.

Salomka)Date: Tuesday, 09.09.2014, 14:28 | Message # 4
Student
If you don't go to the theatre or don't understand why you should do it, just think about following questions. Can you safely say that you have never wanted to see alive characters from your favourite books? And, of course, there is no a thought to compare the characters created by your imagination with the characters on the stage, isn't it? Is it true that when you were a little child, you didn't dream to stand on the stage in front of applauding crowd and greet them? Will you believe yourself, if you say that there is nothing interesting in the modern theatre art at all? Or, perhaps, it is absolutely inessential that your friends may think that you're an uncultured, uneducated person?
Well, I believe that after all of these questions the only problem will be to choose a really inspiring performance for yourself)

ZhgutikDate: Tuesday, 09.09.2014, 16:03 | Message # 5
Union organizer
I can write my essay here to answer these questions completely but cutting a long story short, telling about becoming a theatre goer, i want to single out such reasons to do it as:
1)If you areready to become a part of a performance and to plunge in the world of art, you
will be satisfied by going to the theatre. 
2)Becoming a theatre goer you can see the theatre as a single organism whichconsists of joint work of an author of a play, a director, actors, building
crew and so on. 
3)The theatreis just a useful way to spend you spare time. Different theatrical performances
can supply you with information about different epochs of people’s life or
cultures of various countries.
That's why you should become a theatre goer!

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 09.09.2014, 19:05 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Can you say that you spend most of your free time with benefit for your cultural spirit?
For sure, you can't . You watch TV or surf the Internet, while the source of unforgetable impressions isn't so far.

There are a lot of reasons to be a theatre-goer.
Theatre is a chance to take a break from your everyday routine.
It's a posibility to forget about your problems and busynesses.
If you go to a theatre, you will get to another life in which you can meet a lot of interesting people and experience amusing, exciting, tragical, extraordinary and unexpected situations.
Besides, theatre connects us with the past, because a lot of plays have been staging for decades!
Being in a theatre is like being in front of a window to the world of art.

Message edited by Pashkaa - Thursday, 18.09.2014, 22:33

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 10.09.2014, 00:24 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Of course, it is a choice of a person to be a theatre goer or not to be. But i want to say that the time people spend at the theatre never can be waste. By the way, there are a lot of theatrical genres: shadow theater, parody, drama theater, musical, folk theater, fire theatre, rock - opera and more. So, everyone can choose something to one's taste. Actually, most of people have a lot of free time but spend it doing nothing, instead of this they can go to the theatre at least sometimes. There are several reasons for it: the first of them is the theatre is connected with your education: it contributes to moral development, formation of personality and positive qualities.
The second reason is that theatre is reflection of real life, so it can help you to find solutions to life's problems.  The third reason is that interest in theater helps you to understand the art better, because theatre includes different kinds of art simultaneously (literature, music, dance, vocals)

FoxyTDate: Thursday, 11.09.2014, 15:48 | Message # 8
Group: Moders
To tell the truth, it seems to me that there are people who have been created for the theater and who have not been created for it. But, of course, it's important for everyone to cultivate a sense of beauty and if you even don't become an avid viewer and visitor of theaters, you should at least sometimes oblige yourself to go there. Because the theater is not just a small life in front of you, it is also a great life experience, which is shared with you right here and right now. In the theater, you don't find popcorn and 3D glasses, but here you can feel yourself not only a spectator, but also a full participant in (of) all events, the character of the play.
Furthermore, a visit to the theater is not like an ordinary visit to the cinema. If you can go to the cinema in torn jeans, sneakers and a cap,  to the theater you have to dress up as to a small celebration. It gives people a sense of style, understanding of beauty, ethics and aesthetics. So, this is another big plus in favor of the theater.

Message edited by FoxyT - Thursday, 11.09.2014, 16:00

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 21:40 | Message # 9
Quote Salomka) ()
Is it true that when you were a little child, you didn't dream to stand on the stage in front of applauding crowd and greet them?
This question seemed to me so close because i really dreamed of standing on the stage in front of spectators. But surely it isn't the main reason for going to the theatre. Unfortunately, our modern generation doesn't get into the world of art. I  am sure that nowadays it is the elephant in the room in our society. So, what do you think about it?Can you put foward the idea that theatre will be eradicated?Are you anxious for the future of the theatre? Are you going to continue  persuading young people to be interested in the world of art?

Message edited by Valerka - Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 21:41

PashkaaDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 22:44 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Quote FoxyT ()
It gives people a sense of style, understanding of beauty, ethics and aesthetics. So, this is another big plus in favor of the theater.
I complitely agree with you. It's sometimes useful to be in a polite, educated and calm group of people. There isn't any person who would shout in a theatre hall and throw his or her pop-corn on the stage in the theatre.

Message edited by Pashkaa - Thursday, 18.09.2014, 22:45

PerilovaDate: Friday, 19.09.2014, 00:00 | Message # 11
Head teacher
Quote Salomka) ()
If you don't go to the theatre or don't understand why you should do it, just think about following questions. Can you safely say that you have never wanted to see alive characters from your favourite books? And, of course, there is no a thought to compare the characters created by your imagination with the characters on the stage, isn't it? Is it true that when you were a little child, you didn't dream to stand on the stage in front of applauding crowd and greet them? Will you believe yourself, if you say that there is nothing interesting in the modern theatre art at all? Or, perhaps, it is absolutely inessential that your friends may think that you're an uncultured, uneducated person? Well, I believe that after all of these questions the only problem will be to choose a really inspiring performance for yourself)
I agree that you will never realize if you like theatre or not (or something else) until you try to go there. I know that you like theatre and even take part in some of the productions. But did you dream to be an actress in your childhood ? Is it difficult to you to play in front of a large audience ? Would you like to do it professionally ?

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 19.09.2014, 00:41 | Message # 12
Quote Pashkaa ()
There isn't any person who would shout in a theatre hall and throw his or her pop-corn on the stage in the theatre.

It depends on people. When I was in the theatre last time, I saw a group of people who laughed a lot during the performance. It happened not because of the play. In addition to this, one boy broke the armrest. It really was by accident but it made people to rebuke him.

Salomka)Date: Friday, 19.09.2014, 11:44 | Message # 13
Student
Quote Valerka ()
Unfortunately, our modern generation doesn't get into the world of art. I  am sure that nowadays it is the elephant in the room in our society. So, what do you think about it?Can you put foward the idea that theatre will be eradicated?Are you anxious for the future of the theatre? Are you going to continue  persuading young people to be interested in the world of art?

Quote Valerka ()
Unfortunately, our modern generation doesn't get into the world of art. I  am sure that nowadays it is the elephant in the room in our society. So, what do you think about it?Can you put foward the idea that theatre will be eradicated?Are you anxious for the future of the theatre? Are you going to continue  persuading young people to be interested in the world of art?

Quote Valerka ()

Quote Valerka ()

Quote Valerka ()

Quote Valerka ()

Quote Valerka ()

Quote Valerka ()

Message edited by Salomka) - Friday, 19.09.2014, 11:48

JaneDate: Wednesday, 24.09.2014, 14:04 | Message # 14
Monitor
If you think of becoming a theatre goer, I can say why should you do this: Firstly, if you want to look on life from the other side, you can come here because theatre is a reflection of life. Secondly, you have a good time while watching an exciting performance. Besides, theatre is an ancient form of art and developing in different ways nowadays. Also, theatre is a part of our social life and we become better. Moreover, while you watching a play, you and actors are whole one. So, if you decided to be more cultural, you should go to the theatre.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Why should I become a theatre-goer? (Statements, negations, questions, exclamations.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024