THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 06.05.2024, 06:33
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Nadya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Sculpture: the History of Art
Sculpture: the History of Art
NadyaDate: Thursday, 01.09.2011, 15:21 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Guys, let's talk about one of the most marvellous and mysterious kind of art- sculpture. For thousands of years people have been using sculpture as a form of their expression. Nowadays, there are a lot of different kinds, types and forms of sculpture. So, this is quite an extensive theme and there are a lot of things to discuss!
What do you know and what is your opinion about sculpture? What type of sculpture do you prefer (or sculptures of what time do you find the best? )? What is the most interesting and amazing in it for you?

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 01.09.2011, 23:22 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Well, it should be noted that as any kind of art sculpture has its own genres:portrait, animalistic themes, historical, mythological, everyday and so on. To polish their works and make the ideas expressed more vivid and rememberable masters can use complex shapes, colours, different textures (even in one and the same work - why not? it's a matter of one's courage and inspiration, after all even eminent fashion designers "play" with the combinations of oppositions)). As for me I adore Greek scupture (I bet it's not a surprise for anyone))) Another thing is something extraordinary and provocative...I know that in Europe there is one common practice: sculptures on the topic of the day are set out somewhere at the center for a short period of time and as usual such exhibitions are accompanied by numerous complaints)))

Message edited by lovefootball) - Thursday, 01.09.2011, 23:23

NadyaDate: Monday, 05.09.2011, 19:44 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Group: Moders
To tell the truth, unfortunately, I've never been interested in sculpture that much. But now I try to learn more about it because this is a wonderful kind of art. I can't say what genre of sculpture I like most because I'm not well-informed about all the types but the only thing I can say for sure that I'm amazed by Baroque sculpture. So, I've looked for some information in the Internet and come across this site:

http://www.intermarmi.pl/baroque-art-sculpture

I really advise you to visit it. More than that, there are a lot of gorgeous statues here!

MegastarostaDate: Thursday, 09.02.2012, 13:51 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
i have some sculptures at home. These are my hand-made works and i can say that this kind of art is too difficult and not for women. BUt the most famous sculptor in our city is woman and her name is Larisa Leesenena

TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.02.2012, 16:35 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Nadya, the pictures of sculptures presented in the site are very beautiful. I agree with Megastarosta: sculpture is a very difficult form of art. But nevertheless it's very expressive. Sculptures are real examples of frozen life. Or it's better to say, that these moments of life are petrified.

In Vino Veritas...

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:31 | Message # 6
Monitor
As for the history, perhaps the most famous of early sculptures is the so-called Venus of Willendorf. Found at Willendorf in Austria, and dating from more than 25,000 years ago, she is only about four inches high. More than 100 fertility figures of this kind have been found in an area reaching from France to southern Russia.

Message edited by vanilla - Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:32

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 28.05.2012, 10:38 | Message # 7
Student
As for me most of all I like gothic sculpture. Gothic sculpture evolved from the early stiff and elongated style, still partly Romanesque, into a spatial and naturalistic feel in the late 12th and early 13th century. The architectural statues at the Western (Royal) Portal at Chartres Cathedral are the earliest Gothic sculptures and were a revolution in style and the model for a generation of sculptors. Prior to this there had been no sculpture tradition in Ile-de-Franceā€”so sculptors were brought in from Burgundy.Bamberg Cathedral had the largest assemblage of 13th century sculpture. In England sculpture was more confined to tombs and non-figurine decorations. In Italy there was still a Classical influence, but Gothic made inroads in the sculptures of pulpits such as the Pisa Baptistery pulpit (1260) and the Siena pulpit (1268). Dutch-Burgundian sculptor Claus Sluter and the taste for naturalism signaled the beginning of the end of Gothic sculpture, Gothic masters such as Lorenzo Ghiberti, Tullio Lombardo, Jacopo Della Quercia, and Andrea Pisano works eventually evolving into the classic Renaissance style by the end of the 15th century.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Sculpture: the History of Art
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024