• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Authority vs Subordination
Authority vs Subordination
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 12:11 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Authority and subordination are important concepts that can describe the functions of a soceity and an individual.
- Why do these concepts exist? What do they mean?
- Why do we tend either towards authority or subordination?
- What are their forms and types?
- Are authority and subordination destructive or constructive?
- Do they help people co-exist?
- What would happen if these two concepts were not part of our daily life?
- What natural, political, social and cutrual conditions shape our attitudes to these concepts?

MissJaneDate: Friday, 11.11.2011, 22:55 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
People are accustomed to giving lots of importance to subordination, which is the basic principle of any corporate relations. Subordination in a group is a key concept that makes the work productive and the cooperation effective. Bosses and their subordinates stick to certain rules of behaviour towards each other that allow them to stay in good relationships. When the rules of subordination are broken, then it inevitably results in conflicts and misunderstanding.

Subordination in a family fulfills just the same function. It keeps everything in order, it lets the members of the family realize their duties and responsibilities. The problem is that it’s hard to say who should be subordinate and who should be the leader. Perhaps mutual duties and demands should become the glue of family relations.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 12.11.2011, 00:44 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
I can also add that one of the main goals of authority is to maintain subordination. The idea of subordination presupposes the existance of authority of any kind.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 02.02.2012, 20:42 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
As far as subordination is concerned I can say that when I was a child I had the wrong concept of this notion for some time until my parents explained me the proper way of perceiving it) It sounds funny but American "classical" melodramas-comedies mislead me: according to them after a quarrel children could easily slap a door before their parents' faces, shout at them and so on...Once (I was very little) I tried to huddle the same but I was immediately taught that it's better not to repeat it again))))

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Authority vs Subordination
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024