THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 02:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Personal Safety (Defining personal perspectives on the notion)
Personal Safety
MissJaneDate: Thursday, 24.11.2011, 15:56 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Personal safety is the state of being individually protected from danger, risk, or injury. Personal safety is always part of social safety – the security of the people or state in general. If the safety balance of a country is disturbed, then every single individual is under the threat of imminent danger. Social safety has personal safety as its prime aim. The government’s task is to provide any person and family with the set of necessary factors: conditioning, safe means of transportation and communication, safeguarding of peace and security, social guarantees. Personal safety relies on the scope of these factors. Personal safety should become a guiding principle for all government policies. Another aspect is inner personal safety. It presupposes the certainty of everyday life, predictability of the oncoming events, the possibility to turn to someone for comfort and assistance. It is quite likely that the concept of personal safety is different in different cultures. The natives of the Western countries feel safe when they have their individual space, when they have all the opportunities to act independently. But the Eastern ideology centers on the concept of mutual safety. A person belonging to Indian or Arabic cultures can be safe only when the relatives and the community are in the power to support him.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 24.11.2011, 20:53 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Well, this both systems have common sense in this or that respect but as for me I tend to agree with the first interpretation. I don't claim to declare the ultimate truth, on the contrary, it's a question of individual choice. Actually it's implied by the very notion "safety": you can't feel absolutely secure if something is constantly imposed on you from outside. I believe the ideal is when your personal environment including family and closest people is safe. It's not a secret that we care of those whom we love much more than of ourselves, so...

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 05.12.2011, 12:31 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Personal safety is really based on our instinct for survival! It is also based on our rational vision of how to be protected. When we expand the territory of our values, principles, habits, hobbies, dreams and expectations, I think we are creating ways to feel safe and confident! Personal safety now becomes a matter of a lot of factors including things and people that help maintain one's safety cool I'm safe ande sound when my territory is boosting with joy and success biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 05.12.2011, 21:05 | Message # 4
Dean
Ha-ha, such an ambitious approach))) Actually I do share this viewpoint because when one is on the top in all senses of the word a lot of everyday trifles are simply dropped and it seems so natural to look at things at quite a different angle not fearing anyhting! This is real security! I mean it's a combination of physical and emotional safety. You take new challenges with pleasant excitement and a confident smile being ready for the future without ususal complaints and limits that are created by you only.

ZuzuDate: Tuesday, 06.12.2011, 15:10 | Message # 5
Monitor
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
They say, if you are afraid of nothing or nobody, you are the most horrible. I am joking. As a matter of fact, it's very problematically to secure safety in the world. Do you by any chance know how many people die in Venezuela every week at criminals' hands? About 100. So one should be careful and prudent himself/herself. You know, God helps them that help themselves.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 06.12.2011, 21:05 | Message # 6
Dean
You're absolutely right!! But actually I didn't mean carelessness...My inspired speech was more concerned with inner freedom)))) As for criminal rate, we don't even need to go so far away. Unfortunately our country is not the safest one.There're no guarantees for anyone. Of course, if you don't take off your clothes and go for an airing on a dark night, it will improve your chances to stay alive) Still things are unpredictable here, what else can I say...(

MissJaneDate: Wednesday, 07.12.2011, 20:35 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Quote (Zuzu)
how many people die in Venezuela

Why was Venezuela so important for you? Do not travel so far in your thoughts. Every hour one woman in Russia dies by her partner's / husband's hand*. One Russian woman becomes a victim of rape or beating every two seconds*. Count up how many of them are insecure. Maybe then you'll want to move to Venezuela.

* The data was made available by the Department of the Interior of Russia 10 years ago. To my mind, the situation has worsened ever after.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 03.01.2012, 19:28 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Awards: 5
Personal safety is the right that every human should be provided with. And all these cases of abuse are crying shame that should be eradicated in order to finally make us civilized people.

AyayuliaDate: Tuesday, 03.01.2012, 22:08 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Awards: 2
There are a number of tips which can help to save your life and health. Here are some of them:
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to insist on a public meeting place like a cafe and do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home
You should be especially careful when buying/selling high value items
You should tell a friend or family member where you're going
While driving a car fasten your seatbelt, keep your windows closed and so on.
I am firmly convinced that my personal safety depends on me. We just should think before and not to sorry after.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 12.01.2012, 21:07 | Message # 10
Dean
It really depends on us but not completely. There's always place for unforeseen circumstances and the most important thing here is not to let this mythical chance dominate. Otherwise it's a a short while from becoming obsessed. The paradox is that when some fixed idea doesn't leave you in peace day and night, it will materialize almost hundred to one. Call it Murphy's Law, whatever, it works all the time as if by magic)))

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Personal Safety (Defining personal perspectives on the notion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024