THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 01:43
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Overpopulation (global problems)
Overpopulation
Do you think overpopulation will be a real problem in a few years?
1. yes [ 2 ] [33.33%]
2. no [ 3 ] [50.00%]
3. don't care [ 1 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 6
AsyaDate: Monday, 19.12.2011, 07:46 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Some scientists believe that the world’s biggest problem is going to be overpopulation. I’ve recently watched a TV-programme on the CNN channel devoted to the very problem. It was said there that the problem itself is exaggerated. Our planet is capable of supporting such a population. The main problem is supposed to be starvation. But, the more people there are, the more labour force we have, therefore the more we produce. Hence, there will be no starvation due to the increase of the population.
There are whole web-sites devoted to this problem, like http://www.overpopulation.org/
I have also found a very interesting web-link on the website called “clear thinking about critical issues”. The article is pretty long. So, I'll post only a link here in order for everyone who's got interested in the topic to read the "myths" (supposed-to-be-problems) connected with overpopulation:
http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/kas/kas_01overpopulation.html
I could also write a synopsis here if you want me to...

TeacherDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 01:40 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Asya, what do you think, is it possibile to cope with overpopulation? E.g., in China authorities impose a tax on those parents who have more than one child.

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 08:05 | Message # 3
If you're interested in my opinion, then I'd like to state first if all that I don't consider overpopulation to be a problem at all. And therefore, I find it completely unnecessary to "cope" with it.

P.S. I'm speaking about overpopulation in a global perspective now. I wouldn't like to touch upon certain problems of particular countries.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 09:31 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Asya, but will we face it? What do you think?

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 12:05 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I do not think that I am a racist, but I don’t want other nations to overpopulate. I really have great doubts that our nation will become one of the last after hundreds of years. Now white people just do not participate in this process. The Chinese, the Indians or Muslim nations should think of it. That's why I don't care much.

LuckDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 21:22 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I don't think that overpopulation is such a serious problem nowadays. As far as I can see there is no population explosion but just the other way round - 1 child per family becomes a normal thing now. So soon we will have to speak about demographical decrease (currently such problem does exist in some countries). And I do not think that the example of the Chinese can characterize and illustrate the current situation in the whole world. But I am not an expert so probably there are more proffessional opinions that can explain the problem of overpopulation.

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 24.12.2011, 22:32 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Awards: 3
It is more comfortable for the world governments to make a mountain out of a mole-hill and shift the focus of our attentions towards the mythological problems. Thus, the responsibility of the government is being transfered on the shoulders of the population. Somethings like: you yourselves are solely guilty of your problems. That's easy: people are rushed into settling of some local/personal matters and completely forget about urgent issues. The exaggerated problem of the non-existing "overpopulation" is a perfect shelter from taking any responsibilities.

AsyaDate: Monday, 26.12.2011, 07:21 | Message # 8
Quote (Seagull)
Asya, but will we face it? What do you think?

Quote (Asya)
If you're interested in my opinion, then I'd like to state first if all that I don't consider overpopulation to be a problem at all.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 24.04.2012, 16:24 | Message # 9
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Really? But you've said that you consider it global. So why is there so much anxiety about it then?)) Maybe this problem is affected? I'm quite serious, the point is that there's much talk about some kind of conspiracy on the national level...I don't believe it very much but who knows) What if the wjole matter is exaggerated and it's not more than a provocation in order to play hell and make people undertake certain measures on behalf of the government?

Message edited by lovefootball) - Tuesday, 24.04.2012, 16:26

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Overpopulation (global problems)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024