THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 01:58
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Free Speech (A concept of free speech)
Free Speech
TeacherDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 01:41 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
The concept of free speech is very urgent today. It manifests itself mostly in cyber space. I mean blogs, forums, independent news sites, video and audio storages. For example, only thanks to the concept of free speech existing in the Internet Russians know what’s happened after the Duma elections in Moscow. Unfortunately, we can speak about the concept of free speech only within the frame of cyber reality. Almost all media world is controlled by the authorities. There is one more point I would like to mention concerning the concept of free speech. Nowadays only poor people of minor strata have a right for free speech. Today an incorrectly said word can cause great problems for a speaker. And this is the reason for social fear connecting the concept of free speech. And a person who has nothing is not afraid to lose something. But free speech must also be controlled, otherwise it can lead to some useless revolutions and even wars.

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 08:10 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
Unfortunately, we can speak about the concept of free speech only within the frame of cyber reality.

Having read your message I have 2 questions for you to consider.
1. Don't you think that the way you are talking to your teachers is also free speech? Or, the fact that we do discuss politics??? You can express your thoughts. it is not prohibited. But one should always observe the boundaries.
2. Do you really believe that the Internet is an uncontrolled area?!

TeacherDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 09:36 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Quote (Asya)
1. Don't you think that the way you are talking to your teachers is also free speech? Or, the fact that we do discuss politics??? You can express your thoughts. it is not prohibited. But one should always observe the boundaries.

I very rare use free speech while talking with our teachers, because there're some ideas that I just don't want to share with them, it usually happens at our German classes. The fact that we discuss politics or smth. else is free speech. But I mentioned the global percpective on free speech.

Quote (Asya)
2. Do you really believe that the Internet is an uncontrolled area?!

The most part of the Internet is an uncontolled area.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 13:26 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Free speech is a trifle when people are deprived of a possibility to act without restraints according to their intentions, needs and considerations. The notion of free acts presupposes different controversies. Our freedoms are consolidated in the Constitution first of all, and it is said that our freedom ends where the freedom of other people begins. It is logical that we can’t claim we are right acting this or that way if our actions infringe upon smb's interests. However, it is in human nature to act violently, to explore the unfamiliar, to test their abilities, to enhance their personal development. One of the let-outs for such desires is computer and online games where a person may act in the way he is banned to in reality. Nonetheless, the players act according to certain fixed rules that’s why games cannot be considered the model of a permissive society.

LuckDate: Thursday, 22.12.2011, 21:27 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Seagull, then how can you explain the fact that there are many videos and programmes that are banned, there are many virus programmes that can do a lot of harm to your personal data? Do you really believe that it is done by the "uncontrolled" Internet? Or maybe there IS someone who does such things on purpose?

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 22.01.2012, 18:45 | Message # 6
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
It may sound strange but I think certain restrictions are necessary...What is this very free speech? Not more than just an opinion of some person who shouldn't be regarded as authority beyond exception. Actually we share our thoughts with friends or colleagues almost every day and it's the same! But we don't take this exchange of ideas as something unmasking or deserving attention at all))) That's the point. What I'm speaking of is simplicity. Simplicity in everything including announcements of any kind.

SamsikDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 11:52 | Message # 7
Monitor
Group: Users
reedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas via speech. The term freedom of expression is sometimes used synonymously, but includes any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime.

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Free Speech (A concept of free speech)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024