THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 09:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Painting and its Representatives » Claude Monet
Claude Monet
TeacherDate: Thursday, 16.02.2012, 16:33 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
What dou you think about this picture? What's your appreciation? What do you feel? Maybe you know smth. interesting about the artist or his work?

Claude Monet. Woman with a Parasol (1886, Musée d'Orsay, Paris)
Attachments: 4499037.jpg (268.6 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Thursday, 16.02.2012, 16:33 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Quote (Seagull)
What do you think about this picture? What's your appreciation? What do you feel?

The colours! They determine the mood of the picture - so pacific and tender. I can't say that I DO like the picture, but still it's pleasant just to look at it.
I'm not a fan of impressionism, but some Claude Monet's landscapes are really fascinating. For example, his famous "The Water-Lily Pond"
It is charming and calming, it looks like a quite magical place where mermaids live.
Attachments: 1252556.jpeg (160.3 Kb)

MegastarostaDate: Thursday, 16.02.2012, 16:33 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Awards: 2
The more the artists practice, the better works he has. That is why I can say that the quality of a work of art depends not only on the intelligence or sensitivity of the author but also on his ambitious.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 16.02.2012, 16:34 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Quote (Rina)
his famous "The Water-Lily Pond". It is charming and calming, it looks like a quite magical place where mermaids live.

I completely agree with you. Even the colours themselves seem to be unreal, magical. They seem to cover something mysterious.

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Thursday, 16.02.2012, 16:34 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
My first reaction was (sorry for repeating Rina's words), "the colours!" They fascinate. Such a balance... I'm also not fond of impressionism but I do realize that both paintings are works of Art. To tell the truth, I like the landscape much more. It is beyond reality, beyond daily routine. Calm, peaceful, warm,... - if I could go to that place right now, I would definitely do so.

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 27.03.2012, 23:18 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 3
My appreciation of Monet's art boils down to only one of his paintings which I consider to be of the highest quality, sense and wisdom. This is The Houses of Parliament. I happened to see it "in person" in Moscow and I can say it deserves even more praise. It creates the atmosphere, the balance between your thoughts and emotions, it soothes and cures the tired eye. You even might feel that you start breathing heavily as if you were in a dense fog. At the same time the painting forces you to forget about the outer world, and the ideas that come to your head unexpectedly are postponed until you close your eyes or move to another panel. And I'm sure it is not only about the color; it's about the technique and manner of panting.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Painting and its Representatives » Claude Monet
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024