THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 03:04
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull, Teacher, firenze  
Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » Quote's Time » Quote 6 Doubtful Children (Read, translate and comment upon)
Quote 6 Doubtful Children
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 22.01.2013, 01:48 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
"Just think of the tragedy of teachingchildren not to doubt."
ClarenceDarrow

Clarence Seward Darrow (April 18, 1857 – March 13, 1938) was an Americanlawyer and leading member of the American Civil Liberties Union.
Attachments: 1210300.jpg (27.9 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 22.01.2013, 14:20 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Right! To doubt means to ask questions and find answers. To doubt means to have a desire to explore and learn. Besides, to doubt means to be attentive and be able to observe and draw conclusions. Moreover, to doubt also means to relate new knowledge to the previous experience. Furthermore, to doubt also leads agreement or disagreement, arguments and counterarguments. In addition, to doubt means to believe in truth that exists and waits to be found. Finally, if a person knows how doubt, it means he or she knows to teach others to learn.

PashkaaDate: Monday, 22.09.2014, 22:10 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
It's true that people should doubt. If a person had been brought up with a conviction that we mustn't doubt in our life, then this person wouldn't be able to determine lie or truth, facts and fiction. He or she would believe every person's "sad story" and be deceived. Such people couldn't control their life and experience they get. That's why, it is essential to prepare children to hardships and difficult choices by teaching them to doubt.

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 01.10.2014, 22:07 | Message # 4
Union committee president
This quotation proves that doubt is a significant constituent of people's enlightenment. Doubt is a way of realisation of our thoughts and opinion that sometimes are different from others. Doubt is a clear explanation of our individuality. People's civilization is determined  not by the ability of being confidence but the ability of being in doubt. Randle Cotgrave's quote also reflects my point of view: "Who knows nothing,he never doubts."

Message edited by Valerka - Wednesday, 01.10.2014, 22:07

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 13:22 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Quote Valerka ()
Randle Cotgrave's quote also reflects my point of view: "Who knows nothing,he never doubts."

I absolutely agree with this statement!
I think, it's natural that people have doubts. We all have different views and knowledge. If a person never doubts, he or she can face real hardships.  So, I also share the idea that we should teach children to doubt.

Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » Quote's Time » Quote 6 Doubtful Children (Read, translate and comment upon)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024