THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 01:57
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » The Great Russian Outdoors
The Great Russian Outdoors
BlackAngelDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2011, 17:55 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Russia is a dream country for advenure holidays.There are great trekking and hiking opportunities is many parts of the country.Most of the population live in central Russia,but here too,you can have your holiday of a lifetime. You can enjoy places of remarkable beauty in the snowy winter months or in the hot July sun. If you want more adventure, you can go to the Caucasus in the south-west or the Altai mountains in the south of Russia. Both places are simular to the Alps. They are full of wild flowers in spring and early summer. Horse-riding and mountain biking are popular acrivities here in the summer months.
In the far easst of Russia, trekkers can explore the volcanoes and hot sprigs of Kamchatka.The far eas of Russia is also a great place to see lots of wild birds and many different animals, including brown bears and sometimes, the Siberian tiger.
Bird watching, mountaineering sailing batman , canoeing and whitewater rafting holidays are all now available in Russia.
Among the forests,mountains and great rivers of Siberia, Lake Baikal is one of Russia`s most spectacular places of natural beauty. Tourists from all over the world come here.It`s a great place for fishing an hunting. Lake Baikal is the deepest lake in the world(1700m) with wonderful, clean water. The lake is very clear.You can easily see fish swimming forty metres below you.There is a legend that a boat passenger once lost his watch in the water - - and you can still see it on the bottom of the lake!

Do you enjoy sightseeing in Russia`s great cities? Or do you want to do something different on holiday? Are you looking for advenure?

Message edited by BlackAngel - Wednesday, 02.03.2011, 17:58

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2011, 11:58 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Russia has a lot of places with different wonderful sights.
One of such places is "Golden Ring". This is a huge territory in Central Russia that includes Vladimir, Suzdal, Yaroslavl where you can find a lot of beautiful churches, cathedrals, buildings of Ancient Rus.
Another place is St. Peterburg. It is the second "northern" capital of Russia. There are so many sights of Petrov's time in it! You can see the Winter palace, Hermitage, a lot of monuments, museums, the Neva river and other sights. Petergof is situated near St. Peterburg. It's the centre of fountains. You can also visit Kizhi. It's an island. There are a lot of wooden churches on it.

http://groupa.ucoz.co.uk/62811444d1090d07af8b3d61d20aa378.jpg

Also, Russia has a lot of places with amazing nature. One of such places in my opinion is Karelia. It contains the two largest lakes in Europe, Lake Ladoga and Lake Onega. I would really like to visit Karelia one day!

http://groupa.ucoz.co.uk/11b59e84bf9c.jpg

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 13.03.2011, 22:54 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Our country is full of amazing places. I agree with you. I dream of vising Lake Baikal and the towns of the Golden Ring someday.
There is one more place I would like to explore. Everybody knows about British Stonehenge – a unique masterpiece of ancient architecture.
Still not many Russians are aware of the fact that our own country is full of similar stone enigmas. One of them is situated not far from Chelyabinsk and is known as Arkaim Fortress. It’s a bizarre and mystic cluster of Bronze Age buildings. In comparison with Stonehenge, the Fortress is situated on the same geographical latitude (By the way, is it a coincidence or not?) and is also believed to be a prehistoric temple and observatory; but it’s larger and allows to predict more astronomic events. Many competent scientists share the opinion that Arkaim is a precise model of the Universe. UFOs are frequently seen nearby; electronic equipment pinks and shows unbelievable magnetic anomalies.

Attachments: 7554181.jpg (161.4 Kb)

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

RinaDate: Monday, 09.05.2011, 00:39 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
And what about our region? There are so many beautiful places to visit! I don't mention Konstantinivo - it'll be too predictable. But think about Starozhilovo, Kiritsy, Gus-Zhelezny, mosques in Kasimov, arboretum in Erlino! My bet is you won't be disappointed smile

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 13.09.2011, 20:07 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
I wasn't disappointed! I've been to Kasimov thousands of times but never had time to wander and enjoy the ancient beauty of the town. I didn't have a chance to see the mosque (though I tried to inquire the by-passers where it's situated but strangely enough, no one could tell me where it is exactly. That proves how much we know about the place we live in.)
But I happened to admire the central square of the town with its gorgeous cathedrals and merchant estates.
Here are some pictures of Kasimov I made this summer. If you get interested in some of the objects, I will make a few comments here. smile

Attachments: 7927826.jpg (141.1 Kb) · 8212320.jpg (116.2 Kb) · 4396727.jpg (113.9 Kb) · 1699728.jpg (183.6 Kb) · 1295828.jpg (118.2 Kb)

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:01 | Message # 6
Monitor
Solovetski Islands.
Located on the shores of Russia’s White Sea and under a hundred miles from the Arctic Circle these isolated islands have been home to a monastery since the 15th-century.

The islands are a testament to human endurance, as well as a monument to human suffering. The monks who originally populated the islands overcame a harsh environment to establish one of the most important and richest monasteries in Russia.

After the revolution, the monastery became a notorious prison camp, with forced labourers being incarcerated in tortuous conditions

Added (25.05.2012, 12:01)
---------------------------------------------
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1992 the churches and cathedrals on the islands have subsequently undergone a long process of restoration and a working monastery re-established, attracting pilgrims young and old from all corners of Russia.

The islands exude peace, and despite their grim history, feel like a special, spiritual place. As well as discovering the fascinating history of the islands, visitors can relax, explore the islands by bike, go whale watching, and enjoy being in a unique, unspoilt place that few Westerners visit.

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 28.05.2012, 10:04 | Message # 7
Student
ekanika, thank you for the interesting information) Now I also want to visit this place)

natasha001Date: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 12:05 | Message # 8
Student
My favorite russian city is St. Petersburg. It's a gorgeous place to live in and to visit.This city is full of cultural inheritance. I travel to St. Petersburg every summer and each year a open this city for myself from the new historical and cultural side. Every street is full of history and mistery. Especially at nights you realize how enigmatic(загадочный) St. Petersburg can be. An inevitable(неизбежный) thing to do in St.Petersburg is to have a ride on a little boat through the channels of Fountain and Mojka rivers. The exultant(ликующая) atmosphere everynight is when the bridges are rolling up at the Neva riverand it is also worth attending. After that you can also start up a chinese candlelight and make a wish to come back to this place again!!!!

ZensaDate: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 17:06 | Message # 9
Monitor
Moscow attracts many tourists from all over the world. And I, as a native Russian, have been in Moscow many times. And, you know, I fell in love with Moscow at first sight. I mean, i like that crazy rhythm of life and people who are always rushing somewhere. Obviously(очевидно) it is impenitent (безжалостный) way of life and you will face with a lot of the problems living there, but i know you can overcome everything!

AsyaDate: Thursday, 06.09.2012, 11:23 | Message # 10
Awards: 6
Outdoors is a great thing. Unfortunately, I have never tried doing outdoor activities in Russia and I consider it to be a drawback. The point is: we do not have proper centers where one could go having no experience. I mean, it would be great to develop the outdoors, right? E.g., do it even on a volantary basis? Our landscapes are adorable - why not explore them?!

P.S. I wanted to share some photos of my recent outdoor experience with you/ But, as I've said, this is not Russia.

Attachments: 0529560.jpg (121.4 Kb) · 9050354.jpg (123.7 Kb)

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 15:12 | Message # 11
Group: Reliable
Quote (Nadya)
One of such places is "Golden Ring". This is a huge territory in Central Russia that includes Vladimir, Suzdal, Yaroslavl where you can find a lot of beautiful churches, cathedrals, buildings of Ancient Rus.

I agree these places are really wondeful. i have been in these towns. I don not regret!!! smile

Little_MuDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 12:12 | Message # 12
Union organizer
(Valerka)
I agree these places are really wondeful. i have been in these towns. I don not regret!!!

I haven't been in this cities sad Could you tell me more about them?

Johnny_BravoDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 18:23 | Message # 13
Union organizer
(Asya)
I wanted to share some photos of my recent outdoor experience with you/ But, as I've said, this is not Russia.

What is the place on the photos ?

FoxyTDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 22:46 | Message # 14
(Nekavaen)
I dream of vising Lake Baikal

I also dream about it! I think it's a great place. happy heart Picturesque nature? fresh air, dense woods and pure water in the sunlight ... so blue ... yes, this is Lake Baikal on photo that my aunt gave me) I'm going to go there next winter.

PerilovaDate: Saturday, 09.03.2013, 17:06 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (Zensa)
Moscow attracts many tourists from all over the world. And I, as a native Russian, have been in Moscow many times.

What cities in Russia, you have not yet visited ? I think many people go abroad, although many of them have not seen many beautiful places in Russia. Do you believe they are right ?

Message edited by Perilova - Saturday, 09.03.2013, 17:08

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Travelling and the World Around Us » The Great Russian Outdoors
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024