THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 05:26
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Laziness (An idle brain is the devil's workshop)
Laziness
VasilisaDate: Wednesday, 11.04.2012, 01:28 | Message # 16
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
"Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you". Oh, in this case I will be killed many times. And V.A. will have imprisonment for life. Why people think that laziness is a poor quality? what our life will be without it? I don't want to spend all my life working and working and working. Laziness may be different. Is it awful when you are in bed with an interesting book at the afternoon when for example you should go shopping? I don't think so. Instead of LIVING, we EARN money. We just sell the life. It's my own opinion. And maybe many people don't agree with me. And it's natural. We all want different things and different life. I consider laziness as a very useful quality. It prevents nervous breakdowns, tiredness and bad mood. For me laziness is like high-calorie cakes, which i adore but try not to overeat.

LeoDate: Wednesday, 11.04.2012, 01:56 | Message # 17
Monitor
biggrin ha-ha......The first part is incontrovertibly right. Vasilisa, I agree. tongue To tell the truth, people should not perceive laziness as a terrible and harmful thing. I just remember myself and I want to say that laziness in time is like a cure. For example, after passing your exams, it will be great to relax, dream and just do what you really want. DO NOT TRY TO BE PERFECT. Just be whom you want to be. I'm convinced that people want to get rid of their disadvantages.....but laziness is not a shortcoming. It is just a desire of any normal person to feel alive.
biggrin Besides, your laziness can save your life. Just imagine!!! You need go shopping (as Vasilisa said).....but you really do not want to go out, you just stay in bed. And then you would learn that in your shop was a robbery and 4 people were injured. Just think....you might be there. ............Certainly....it is just a joke. But how we know each joke has an element of truth. Do not be so categorical.....))

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 04.05.2012, 10:20 | Message # 18
Monitor
Laziness makes things look difficult. When you get up in the morning. You are in a warm bed. You don`t want to stand up, dreaming about sleeping. But at the same time an idea about the day occurs in your mind and you have to stand up. But don`t be lazy. It`s always take you just first minutes to get used to any work and then you even start to like it. And be sure, you`ll feel better because you do useful things.

Message edited by mrsbukale - Friday, 04.05.2012, 10:21

AmarantaDate: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 00:46 | Message # 19
Monitor
Of course, lazyness as it is is a sin. But it may be understood in a slightly different way. It may be interpreted as leisure. In this case it isn`t a sin. After all, it`s personal business of everybody how he or she prefers to spend their spare time.

RosebudDate: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 21:42 | Message # 20
Monitor
Don't be lazy,V.A. will kill you smile
I hate the state when laziness attacks me! When I spend my days doing nothing and just watching TV or walking I feel dissatisfaction. sad I understand that I haven't done anything useful! It makes me sad. So, I try to work hard and I like to get pleasure of my activity!

Message edited by Rosebud - Sunday, 20.05.2012, 21:43

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:37 | Message # 21
Monitor
Don't be lazy, but allow yourself to relax from time to time )

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:57 | Message # 22
Monitor
In my opinion, all of us possess of laziness. As for me I'm very lazy. I have to be saved from this thing, but I think that we can't completely be saved from it. It's very difficult. Especially. when you need to do some work, you must do it, and you entirely don't want to do it. I's very difficult to make yourself do it

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:06 | Message # 23
Monitor
Often people who are called lazy aren't. Often so-called "lazy" people only feel overwhelmed when presented a task that seems more fit for a big team than just one person. Sometimes, however, it is chronic laziness that kicks in and stops us from doing the things that need to be done. If you are a chronically lazy person, then in order to upgrade yourself, you need to get out of your own way by developing the practice of being your own best friend rather than your own worst enemy.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 00:52 | Message # 24
Monitor
Very often our laziness is only an excuse of our inability of doing something. We don't know how to do something, or we are afraid of doing something or any other reasons... and we begin to think "I will do it tomorrow... or the day after tomorrow... not now..." .
To tell the truth, laziness in its pure form, without any serious reason exists seldom. But I think, it's something like a difficult work - to be lazy without any reason)) In this case you should be ve-e-ery imperturbable and insensible...

ZensaDate: Wednesday, 05.09.2012, 13:05 | Message # 25
Monitor
We’re all lazy, in different forms, at one time or another. Sometimes we are afraid of doing difficult business or maybe you’re feeling lazy because you want to do something else instead of doing what you’re forced to do. Onerous(отегощающий) occasions will always follow you until one day you decide to get oneself together and start to solve mundane (скучный) deals. And, who knows, maybe after that V.A. won't kill you biggrin

vanillaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 22:23 | Message # 26
Monitor
"Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you".
yeeeaah, people, really don't be lazy!) Our life is full of the sweetest moments. So don't allow your weaknesses to control you. Try to make laziness work for you)
http://freelanceswitch.com/productivity/10-ways-to-make-laziness-work-for-you/

Message edited by vanilla - Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 22:41

Nikky0638Date: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 12:46 | Message # 27
Monitor
Don't be lazy!!!
Everyone faced with it, at least most of us... It happens in the most unsuitable moments of life. Laziness is when something needs to be done but you don't want to do it. Also this is an excellent opportunity to take a break from hard work and gain new energy. More often it is simply a consequence of an overload, that is, a signal that we need a rest. But inspite of it you should try to deal with it!

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 13:02 | Message # 28
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Nikky0638)
Laziness is when something needs to be done but you don't want to do it.

I tend to disagree with you. In my opinion, what you're speaking about is unwillingness to do something. But it's not laziness. Laziness is when you need something to be done but prefer not to do it anyway and to loiter. There can be dozens of excuses and loads of reasons (including the ones you've mentioned).
Moreover, there can be a situatuion that you... e.g., need to write an essay. It needs to be done. You obviously don't want to. But you do write it. So, are you still lazy?

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 14:28 | Message # 29
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Asya, I know that you are far away from all of us but so close on the site biggrin BTW, are the students in your college sometimes lazy?

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 17:48 | Message # 30
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
biggrin I am close!!! Want to keep in touch with you! My group mates (new ones) are really very nice but... anyway... I feel sort of lonely at times and miss you all...
The students in my college. Definitely. Some of them are lazy. Like... I mean.. When we return home from school, they prefer to sleep and the rooms of some guys are a complete mess now. But, at the same time, if someone decides to go hiking, probably everybody will join him/her. Laziness is rather a vague concept, you know.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Laziness (An idle brain is the devil's workshop)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024