THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 00:11
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Laziness (An idle brain is the devil's workshop)
Laziness
TeacherDate: Wednesday, 31.03.2010, 11:13 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Let's speak about laziness and possible reasons for it. But! Our first post about it should begin with the sentence "Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you".

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 31.03.2010, 11:35 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. This is what my groupmates tell me every day. They probably think he's a killer, or a murderer or something.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Maybe. But he doesn't know how much time I spend on the video project. Just for all of you to know - 20 hours so far without two scenes and editing.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. This phrase should be written at the university entrance. Like an allusion for the famous one - "Abandon all hope, you who enter".
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Looks like a good stimula to work hard, don't you think so?
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Our teacher always promises to kill us, but actually he's a very kind and tolerant person)

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 31.03.2010, 13:37 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Probably yes, but I don't think this is the only way to settle the problem.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. You know, I will never forget these words.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Sounds very convincing.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. This means work every minute of your life.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. It can become my creed.

So, now a few words about me and laziness. I'm a very lazy person. It's possible for me to cope with it, but such moments are rare.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 04.04.2010, 22:40 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
DON’T BE LAZY, V. A. WILL KILL YOU. This means:
Do everything that he asks you to do.
Only hard work can bring you success and professionalism – that’s what our teacher thinks.
Never say that you’re busy – you’re just lazy.
To be competent and knowledgeable means to develop your abilities every minute of an hour.
Before coming to an English class, think of the amount of work you did at home.
Even if you are lazy, never tell your teacher that you have such a shameful trait of character.
Look straight in his eyes and say: “Everything will be posted in the evening!”
And please, never leave your lesson plans at home.
Zealous supporters of his new projects will find earthy Heaven.
You have no other responsibility during the studentship – study, study, and study again!
Otherwise, V. A. will kill you.

AsyaDate: Monday, 05.04.2010, 07:35 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
"Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you." - this is one of our teacher's favourite sayings.
"Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you." - this is what I say to myself when I don't want to do my homework.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Use every opportunity to develop your knowledge of the language.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. In studying a language there can be no holidays and no vacations.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. You should work on-line at least one hour a day.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 07.04.2010, 00:43 | Message # 6
Awards: 4
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Remember! Remember! Remember!
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Russian teachers – the most humane teachers in the world!
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. It's not a joke, it's... a thread that can be fulfilled!
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Criminal code of Russian Federation, clause 105.
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Don't be naughty, Baba-Yaga will eat you! Don't be boor, Koshchei will kidnap you! Don't be fretful, Babayka will catch you! And Superman won't save you!
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Aren't you still afraid???
Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Yeeep, now I know what my nightmares will be about.

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 10:56 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. This phrase became so popular around students from group "A".
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you.These words make us to work hard.
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you, means that you must spend one hour a day working on our web-site.

alex_makhDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 16:07 | Message # 8
Monitor
Awards: 1
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Really. He can.
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Be active - V.A. will raise you from the dead!))
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. And he won't - J.I. Bazhanova will...
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. And then will raise you from the dead, and then 'll kill again!)
Dont be lazy, V.A. will kill you. Proved by Zanussi!)))

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 23:23 | Message # 9
Student
Group: Users
Laziness is typical for Russian people. Especially for Russian students. How to fight it? This is a problem...

Added (20.01.2011, 23:23)
---------------------------------------------
I remember our first lecture with V.A. and his first phrase was " I'm a lazy teacher that's why..."

AsyaDate: Sunday, 02.10.2011, 21:14 | Message # 10
Quote (Cherry_boom)
Laziness is typical for Russian people. Especially for Russian students.

I can't agree with you. I wouldn't say that laziness is typical of students. I'd rather claim that rationality is typical of students. For example, when students become some assignments that are really very senseless they are unlikely to do them. Another thing is when students become loads of assignments. Then their rationality suggests not doing anything as it is impossible to do everything and they will be punished anyway. biggrin

AyayuliaDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2011, 22:34 | Message # 11
Union organizer
I think that laziness IS typical of Russian people as alcoholism. It depends. And I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY agree with Asya. Do not mix laziness and rationalism. They are absolutely opposite things!

MissJaneDate: Monday, 31.10.2011, 18:50 | Message # 12
Union organizer
A friend of mine often says she wants this and that, she would like to become this and that but still she doesn't even take a smallest step towards her desires. I used to think it is her laziness that prevents her from any definite actions. But you know, now I tend to look at her "peculiarity" as some absent-mindedness, or rather lack of firmness of purpose. Am I right? Or is it really a form of laziness?

AsyaDate: Friday, 04.11.2011, 00:23 | Message # 13
A very interesting question, indeed. I'd say it's laziness. If you truly want to achieve something, you simply do it. If you forget about it, you haven't even wanted it. You're not absent-minded. Why speaking about the firmness of purpose? You either have a goal, or you do not. That's simple.That's why I call it laziness.

ZuzuDate: Friday, 04.11.2011, 20:01 | Message # 14
Monitor
"Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you". Very often people say such a phrase to themselves and then go to bed or do things they haven't planned to do at all. I have met lots of lazy people and can tell for sure, they just don't have any aim in their life to achieve, they don't want to get better or to change their life for the better. Lazy people are not purposeful,ambitious. They blame their life for its gloom and dullness nevertheless it is them who are guilty. As for me, I like to have many things to do, to be busy like a bee. And it's very interesting because my life is colourful,I am filled with energy myself and charge surrounded people."Don't be lazy, V.A. will kill you".

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 23:00 | Message # 15
Union organizer
A few weeks ago I came across one of the the cutest lists of rules for students. It has something to deal with laziness:
The motivation for the students of Harvard.
1. If you fall asleep now, you will dream. If you study now, you will live your dream.
2. When you think it's too late, the truth is, it's still early.
3. The pain of studying is only temporary. But the pain of not knowing — ignorance — is forever.
4. Studying is not about time. It's about effort.
5. Life is not all about studying. But if you can't even conquer this little part of life, then what else can you possibly do?
6. Enjoy the inexorable pain.
7. It's those who are earlier than the others, those who put in more effort, who can enjoy the feelings of success.
8. Not everyone can truly succeed in everything. But success only comes with self-management and determination.
9. Time is flying.
10. The saliva that flow now will become the tears of tomorrow.
11. Dogs are learning, ambassadors are playing.
12. If you don't walk today, you'll have to run tomorrow.
13. People who invest in the future are realists.
14. The level of education is in direct correlation with your salary.
15. When today is over, it will never come back.
16. Even now, your enemies are eagerly flipping through books.
17. No pain, no gain.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Laziness (An idle brain is the devil's workshop)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024