[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » The poem by Alexander Beit
The poem by Alexander Beit
LuckDate: Saturday, 12.09.2009, 09:45 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
To my mind in this poem the author tried to persuade us that our life is the theatre and everybody plays his own role there. Every day we have to “adapt” to some circumstances so we have to play. We can feel, love and live, after all! And don’t you think that it seems to be like the acting on the stage? We “build” our life by ourselves, so it depends just on us – whether it will be good or not.

RinaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 01:43 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Awards: 4
"The world is the theatre and we are the actors." Since the times of W.Shakespeare these words have been actual. People got used to regarding their life as a play where they don't LIVE but ACT. The poem of Alexander Beit tells us about the very kind of man who PLAYS his part in life. Six quatrains of the poem look like a scenario, they communicate to us a short story about smb's life, smb's love. Metaphors make the border between the theatre and life fade away. And what do we have then? Prepared gestures, carefully rehearsed utterances, well-trained actions... every day is in accordance with the scenario written by... by whom? Who creates your destiny if you are just a puppet in its hands? If you LIVE, whom do you live for? If you PLAY who is the spectator? The questions without answers...

But still, if our world is just the theatre, our life - just a play, whoever the director is, whatever you've got to do, ACT your role to MAKE THE AUDIENCE ARRLAUD.

Message edited by Rina - Sunday, 13.09.2009, 20:02

AsyaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 20:26 | Message # 3
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
As far as I understand, the poem by Alexander Beit is about Love. It tells us about the typical scenario of the evolution of relations between two loving people. I believe it doesn’t concern theatre at all. It communicates to us that the first act, “the beginning” of love is a declaration of love. But nobody knows what it will result in. Great love? Wedding? Divorce? Breaking relations? Unfortunately, life isn’t a bed of roses. cry cry cry

Message edited by Assa - Monday, 14.09.2009, 21:58

MegastarostaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 23:50 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 2
book The poem by Alexander Beit...
I can notice that this poem is very easy in reading, i mean that you dont need to think a lot in order to understand what is that poem about. The poem is bout love, love betweent two people. And we see how this relationship is developing. We all live in society and we all two-or even more-faced. Dont you think so? Just look at you, at home you r one, with friends and teachers you r another. shades we all act in our life and in love also. I absoluyely agree with Assa, the author shows us the play, love play with beginning and end.All of us dont know what will happen in future and it is so.

AsyaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 00:02 | Message # 5
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Megastarosta)
I can notice that this poem is very easy in reading, i mean that you dont need to think a lot in order to understand what is that poem about.

I believe the reason for that is that the poem is in Russian!!! shy

TanyaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 00:09 | Message # 6
Course monitor
Well, I really like such kinds of poem! And I absolutely agree with Irine and Tanya, our life is really big and great theatre and we all act as an actors on the stage. And our life can be like a comedy, a tragedy, a thriller or melodrama. What makes us act our life roles?

RinaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 00:34 | Message # 7
Awards: 4
Quote (Assa)
I believe the reason for that is that the poem is in Russian!!! shy

Oh, no... I know a great deal of poems in Russian that are quite difficult to understand biggrin (I quess you know them too))))))))) And I can't but AGREE with Sasha - this one is quite understandable))))) But as our discussion has shown, everybody's understanding of the poem is personal - some believe that it's about "life-theatre" and others think that it's about love)))) At least, I regard it as a work of great talent - easy to interpret, but the interpretations differ))))))))))

TeacherDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 10:06 | Message # 8
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Well... I like poems of this kind. Reading this poem you don't need think about the meaning, because in that case you understand absolutely nothing. To realize the sense of this poem, you should feel it. As I see, there is a very fine line between a theatrical play and real life. Even in this poem there are some moments when I think that Mr. Beit discribes real life in a metaphorical way. Theatre is like our life, but in our lives we don't have chances to 'repeate' or 'rewrite' our 'play'...

In Vino Veritas...

Message edited by Seagull - Tuesday, 15.09.2009, 23:53

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 10:56 | Message # 9
Union organizer
I think that in this poem we see a metaphorical comparison of theatre and our life. The main character says that nobody knows what a conclusion will be, that he is just an actor, that the whole theatre is for his beloved and for him. And in my opinion the author wanted to say that during all our lives we depend on different circumstances, people, rules. We can’t do what we want, we have opportunities, but we can’t, we are just actors. Our customs, laws and traditions are our scenario, in our childhood our parents and teachers are our directors and our loves are our partners. And no one tells us what will be in the future.

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » The poem by Alexander Beit
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024