[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » ex.4 LP3
ex.4 LP3
AsyaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 19:32 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I’ve read the text entitled “Theatre as part of our social life”. I believe, the main idea of the text is formulated in the following passage: “Theatre is at its most entertaining when it stimulates by disturbing and questioning. It then has the possibility of making people’s life richer, whether on a personal or social level, and I think this is and always has been its function”.
The author also says that theatre is more social than other arts as every performance is slightly different because the audience makes it slightly different.
Finally, the author comes to the conclusion that theatre must never be sealed against the ways society moves and it has always been part of social change.
As for me, I liked the text very much. Mainly, because I share the author’s point of view. The thoughts and ideas are quite familiar to us, but they are formulated beautifully.
I’d also like to know your opinion on some of the problems raised in the text. The author says that theatre is the most social of all arts. How do you get it? Do you agree with it? And what about visiting musical concerts? Should theatre be entertaining or educational?

RinaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 20:36 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
You know, we've already heard it many thousands of times that the theatre is a part of our sociallife. The text is eactly about it. It tells us that the theatre reflects our life, it deals with some urgent problems, it shows us ways to life and asks the questions we should think about. The performances look like our life in miniature, like a model of social relationships.
The text has a resonable idea that the theatre must have "some contemporary meaning" to be recognised by the audience. Really, it is understandable and appreciated if it is close and approximate.
I'd also like to quote one sentence from the text: "...theatre must never be sealed against the ways society moves and it has always been part of social change, because if you question anything, you must try to change, to develop it; and this is one thing theatre has always tried to do". How do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with it?

Message edited by Rina - Sunday, 13.09.2009, 20:37

TanyaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 23:23 | Message # 3
Course monitor
Awards: 2
The wonderful world of the theatre! Everybody knows that during the last thirty years the Theatre has to meet three challenges - from radio, cinema and television. And all of these are new dramatic forms. Thats why many people think that it is more comfortable to sit at home and watching TV or to listening radio and doing nothing. And I think these are really primitive forms of social entertainment. I also can say there is one but the MAIN difference between the living theatre and another dramatic forms. Theatre is like a good restaurant where food is cooked for a specially recipe for you. And all ordinary forms of having a good time is like a fast food. Of course for everybody it is tasty but it does not bring unforgettable emotions.

MegastarostaDate: Sunday, 13.09.2009, 23:27 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Well, The wonderful world of the theatre... prof
This text was quite interesting for me and to be honest after our topic about thetare i decided to go there...tomorrow tongue
Well, according to the text, thetare has to meet up 3 challenges during the last thirty years: these are from radio, from cinema and from television. Every of us will agree that all these things are very easy in use and cheap in some way. But it is one difference between theatre and cinema, video, television:in the theatre the play is specially cooked for you. Those who have worked in the theatre know that a production never takes its final shape until it has an audience. With films, radio and television the audience can only receive what is being offered.
Anyway, in theatre actors play and improvise and they can't give the same perfomance twice. And in the same time when you are watching movies, you see the record and you can watch it twice or ever more, if you want. That what the text was about. And now i want you to answer my questions:
- Do you think that Theatre is like a motherland for cinema, radio, television?
- Do you think that cinema, television and radio can spoil theatre? How?

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 10:58 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Text 2
Theatre is a part of our social life, part of our means of communicating with each other, part of our way of discussing the problem: how we live together. Theatre disturbs and question, so that people would go out of the theatre’s door thinking thoughts they wouldn’t have thought if they hadn’t gone in and if you question anything, you must try to change, to develop it.
Theatre is human and social in a way that cinema and television simply can’t be, because theatre performance only happens that once, in that particular way, for that particular group of people, at that time, at that place. Every performance is slightly different, because the audience makes it slightly different, and therefore it’s much more personal and much more active than watching a screen. Do you feel a great role of the audience in the theatre?
The second point of the text is that even great plays are timeless. If a classical company wants to keep alive the works of the past, it must think about the present. The audience needs urgent problems, new points of view, modern approaches. It isn’t interesting at all to watch only “Hamlet”, “Cherry orchard” or “Inspector” all the time. Do you agree that modern places have the right to exist?

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 15.09.2009, 21:54 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 3
My vision of Theatre as part of our social life
The given article tries to explain the functions of theatre and to make a sort of a border between theatre, TV and cinema. Among the communicative, entertaining, cognitive and thought-provoking functions, theatre has some other aims. It is the place where people become spiritually united; hence they get involved in the process of collective comprehension of the ideas given by the performance. Theatre-goers are capable of enriching one another which does not happen in cinemas. By the way, theatre also makes generations feel close to each other. That is why many theatres put on stage both classical and modern plays. In addition, theatre is a mirror to our current social life; it serves as a huge book of past experience and future hopes and plans.
And can you think of some other functions of theatre that are connected to our social life?

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Home Assigments » ex.4 LP3
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024