THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 04:29
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Is cinema a popular art nowadays? (Do people often go to the cinema?)
Is cinema a popular art nowadays?
Is cinema a popular art nowadays?
1. yes [ 19 ] [90.48%]
2. no [ 2 ] [9.52%]
Answers total: 21
RinaDate: Sunday, 22.05.2011, 22:26 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Quote (lovefootball))
is it commercially profitable to set out a movie that is what you've called "real art"?

You have already answered your question mentioning the fact that they are not for mass screening smile They won't "pack halls". It's much more profitable to show movies with well-known, famous and popular actors, well-promoted and advertized.
But is it a good idea to show serious and deep movies in cinemas? I tend to think that in order to understand them better and to feel the atmosphere they create it's more preferable to watch them at home, alone, when nothing disturbs you...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 25.05.2011, 20:24 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I haven't thought about it, you're right...But still it depends on a person for the most part. There're people who are sentimental and sensitive beyond measure (by the way, I'm sometimes being such a girl))) and for whom solitude while watching a movie is absolutely essential. At the same time there's a type that NEEDS a company irrespective of a film. Another thing is the audience. I'm hinting at out level of culture...) I guess it's pointless to argue and thus spoil everyone's mood but I it's a bit irritating when one speaks on the phone at the cinema or what is even worse makes "ingenious" and vulgar remarks concerning the film. Upon my word, it can spoil the whole impression.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 25.05.2011, 23:30 | Message # 18
Awards: 4
Quote (lovefootball))
I'm hinting at out level of culture...)

OH, YES! Your words just reminded me of the situation I came across two or three months ago. My friend made me go to the cinema to watch "Red Riding Hood". Everything seemed quite ok, we bought popcorn and were ready to watch the movie. But when the film began, a group of teens entered the showing room and took places near us. They were... Oh... they were throwing popcorn, singing, commenting everything, giving a neighing all the time!
That's why I prefer to go to the cinema in the morning - there are just a few people in the showing room. (I don't even mention the fact that it's very convenient for those whose studies begin at 12:45 or 14:25. One more advantage - tickets are twice or even thrice cheaper))) So, we often go there at 10 o'clock and enjoy the movie.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 26.05.2011, 17:45 | Message # 19
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Unfortunately, I have also been in such situations many times. But I can't agree that it isn't a good idea to show serious and deep movies in cinemas. I suppose that's true, that a movie sometimes depends on the people who are sitting next to you in the cinema. But different people go to the cinema and I think that different movies (even deep movies) can be shown there. As you have already said, everything depends on the development of our intelligency. If some people were more intelligent and educated, they would understand how to behave in cinemas. Fortunately, there are still many intelligent people, who can understand all the deepness of movies, who estimate cinema as a kind of art. That is why it is very popular nowadays.

AsyaDate: Friday, 27.05.2011, 07:40 | Message # 20
Awards: 6
Nadya, I can't but agree with you except for one idea: showing deep (usually low-budget films) in cinemas. They really won't be profitable. You know, in Moscow such movies are shown. But only in certain cinemas, usually once a day. In our city it can't be organized.

NadyaDate: Friday, 27.05.2011, 15:15 | Message # 21
But why do you think it can't be organized? I'm not talking about everyday showing deep films. I suppose such films can be shown, for example, once a week. Is it a bad idea? Maybe if we tried to do some alterations, many people would reconsider their opinion about cinema...But it's just my opinion.

AsyaDate: Friday, 27.05.2011, 17:09 | Message # 22
Awards: 6
I can explain why. Because "once a week" is inconvenient. E.g., I prefer going to the cinema on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning. I am simply very busy in the afternoon and on Sundays. Do many people have a chance of going to the theatre in the morning? No, very few. And only some of them would like to watch deep films. So, to my mind, it can't be organized.

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 00:41 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Awards: 2
A cinematography always attracted people. It is a good way to reflect th reality, your emotions and inner state. It will be famous all the time in the world. Especially now, when the censorship allows everything.

VasilisaDate: Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 02:51 | Message # 24
Monitor
Nowadays there are enormous numbers of different films. Can they all be called art? I don't think so. Peoples create art, but not all they create is art.
Today films controle our minds. We can choose what films to see: films which improve our mood, make us to think about life or films which just make us feel disgust.
Film is a person's creation. It's reflection of his imagination, thoughts and dreams. Each film is a message, it's a part of the whole world.
There are many reasons why modern people see films. Maybe, it's lack of their own thoughts, lack of adventures, lack of pleasant things and so on.
Films reflect the condition of world. If we compare modern russian films with old films, what will we see? Old films are kind, funny, people are ready to watch them again and again. But modern films are frequently forgotten next day. Or they can leave absolutly negative emotions after themselves.

Nikky0638Date: Tuesday, 01.05.2012, 22:48 | Message # 25
Monitor
Certainly the cinema is a popular art and it has an important role in our life. I think there are a lot of people who can't imagine their life without it, except for the older generation and no one can be sure in this fact. Since childhood we used to watch different movies and take it as entertainment or an opportunity to have a good time. As a matter of fact the role of a movie is much deeper. It forms our world view, our outlook on life. Especially children and adolescents exposed to this influence. In Soviet times there are only good and moral movies in contrast to what we can see nowadays on TV. I like films very much, and when I have free time I don't not refuse to go to the cinema, because it's real interesting if it has a good plot, it relaxes and give you a lot of emotions. But I can't understand that there are such films which are void and don't have any meaning. It's a waste of time. But sometimes you want to see the films without a deep meaning, where there is no need to ponder... It is not bad to have diversity)

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Sunday, 06.05.2012, 20:43

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:14 | Message # 26
Monitor
Awards: 1
Cinema is one of the most popular kind of art nowadays and it't great, interesting and exciting...but I think that it has its negative sides too. First of all because of the majority of cinemas people prefer it to theatres and spend a lot of their free time in cinemas. It's not bad...but what about more real art...what about theatre?People should't forget it and as for me I prefer theatre to cinema.

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 03:18 | Message # 27
Monitor
Movies play an important role in my life and of course I like to go to the cinema. As for me it is an available popular form of art, I find visiting cinemas is one of the best ways of spending my free time. And everyone can choose his favorite genre of film. There are such genres of feature films like a thriller, a musical, a drama and a comedy. To my mind movies extend our knowledge about people, about the world we live. Everyone knows that we live in a very difficult time nowadays. But sometimes we do need something amusing, pleasant and funny. That’s why I prefer comedies. And there is no doubt that a good film gives us an excellent entertainment.

IrinaDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 16:28 | Message # 28
Monitor
We can’t imagine our life without cinema . Besides pleasure and opportunity to relax and forget our everyday troubles it gives us a lot of useful information.Сinema plays a very important role in the development of the human society.Good films teach people to love and respect each other, give them new ideas and make them think about the things they have not thought about before. Cinema is a new art but it is a very popular entertainment nowadays. In fact, only television is more popular than cinema. A lot of feature films, documentaries, travel films and cartoons are produced yearly in many countries of the world.
like cinema very much and never miss an opportunity to see a good film particularly if the producer and actors are my favourite ones. I prefer classical feature films and science films, though sometimes I like to see a good comedy and even a horror film.

SamsikDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 12:20 | Message # 29
Monitor
Cinema has got an important role in the life of any society. Cinema has become a part of the modern way of life. There is no denying that cinema is an excellent vehicle of culture. Its possibilities are unlimited. In the earliest years of cinema its power to show the contemporary events was recognized and appreciated. More than anything else this unique quality secured popularity for the film as a new form of instruction and entertainment. That’s why cinema is considered to be one of the best ways of spending one’s leisure time.

LeoDate: Monday, 24.09.2012, 02:19 | Message # 30
Monitor
Cinema is a good way to relax with your friends, revatives, to forget for a while about your reality.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Is cinema a popular art nowadays? (Do people often go to the cinema?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024