THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:21
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » What is the most popular cinema in Ryazan? (cinema)
What is the most popular cinema in Ryazan?
AsyaDate: Tuesday, 10.05.2011, 05:30 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
What is the most popular cinema in Ryazan? Where is it situated? Why, in your opinion, is it so popular?

MaksDate: Wednesday, 11.05.2011, 16:09 | Message # 2
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
There are a lot of cinemas in Ryazan. Among the most popular ones i can name ''Rodina" and "Druzhba".

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 11.05.2011, 18:03 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I have been to the Luxor a few times, both in the Cruise Shopping Centre and the Bars Supermarket. I like these places, the food quarters, the lounges. Great! I hope I will go there again this Saturday.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 01:04 | Message # 4
Monitor
In the days of my youth (that were really really long ago) the most popular cinema was the "Druzhba". But than there appeared these "Malina"'s, "Luxor"'s so they are believed to be the best. But as for me I'm still loyal to "Druzhba" as well, as many many years ago.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

AsyaDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 06:41 | Message # 5
Quote (2Young)
I'm still loyal to "Druzhba"

I can't say so about myself. Since "Luxor" appeared in "Kruiz", I've never been to "Druzhba". The main reason is the fact that in "Luxor" there are about 10 different films shown at a time, and in "Druzhba" only 3. Moreover, "Luxor" is cheaper! Especially at 9 AM biggrin

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:23 | Message # 6
Monitor
at 9 AM?? biggrin You know, school and everything) I can't visit a cinema at this time. And anyway, I can reach "Druzhba" on foot in about 10-20 minutes. Can't say so about "Luxor"

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

AsyaDate: Friday, 13.05.2011, 06:09 | Message # 7
As for me, vice versa. "Luxor" (unlike "Druzhba") is situated in my neighbourhood. And I think you're right: the location of the cinema means a lot.

AyayuliaDate: Friday, 20.05.2011, 19:44 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I like Luxor in Cruise because of its popcorn) It is so delicious! The quality of sound in Malina is better, but as for me it doesn’t matter. So I choose Luxor!

RinaDate: Sunday, 22.05.2011, 22:40 | Message # 9
Awards: 4
"Luxor" is number one smile in "Kruis" or in "Bars" - it doesn't matter. Adore "Luxor" in "Kruis" - a great deal of movies were watched there, it's just associated with joy and friends))) "Luxor" in "Bars" is quite new, but it's easier for me to get there (when this cinema appeared I understood that LOCATION is a really important thing). "Malina" - brrr... Didn't like it completely.
"Druzhba"... oh, it's my childhood - always only good associations, but I doubt that I'd like to go there nowadays smile

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 23.05.2011, 20:41 | Message # 10
Dean
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, the same feelings! It seems to me that all of us are under the influence of sweet nostalgia))) The first visit to the cinema...parents and ice-cream,"Druzhba", mmm....))) As for the other variants, I don't feel anything special about "Malina", just an ordinary cinema, not more. But what I really adore is "Luxor" in "Bars" and do you know why? Because of amazing,fabulous, my favourite cappuccino!!!!There's a cafe near the cinema and we always go there after watching a film! It became a tradition last summer. Actually, we simply drank a lot of coffee there and "Luxor" was a pleasant addition. By the way, "Druzhba" is not forgotten!) I was there in February)

RinaDate: Tuesday, 24.05.2011, 00:30 | Message # 11
Quote (lovefootball))
But what I really adore is "Luxor" in "Bars"

Quote (lovefootball))
It became a tradition last summer

May be you mean "Luxor" in "Kruis"? Just because the one in Bars opened only this winter)) and because cappuccino in "Kruis" is really yum-yum:) btw, it's a cool tradition! Sometimes we also go there after watching a movie... or before, waiting for a movie)))

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 24.05.2011, 20:36 | Message # 12
Dean
Awards: 3
No-no, first it was coffee and only now it's accompanied by cinema))))) As for "Luxor" in "Kruis" I've been there only several times. It's just inconvenient for me to go there. But it was exactly "Kruis" where I wacthed one of the most wonderful, beautiful and touching cartoons - "Tangled", so my attitude towards it is very special. Actually in this respect (I mean distance) "Druzhba" is the best) H'm, and why not build a good cinema centre in every district...? Stop, or it has already been done?

RinaDate: Tuesday, 24.05.2011, 22:13 | Message # 13
Yes, I agree - it's rather difficult to get to "Kruis" if you live somewhere in Roshcha, Moskovsky, Kanishevo or Prioksky.
Hmmm.... there are several cinemas that are situated in different parts of our city, but of course not in all. I wonder, is there a cinema in Kanishevo?
Some time ago there were certain rumours, that there will be a new cinema in "Victoria plaza" soon, but if I'm not mistaken - there is NO yet.
So, as one can see, notwithstanding the fact that there are some cinemas in Ryazan, there are not ENOUGH cinemas... Long queues and lack of tickets on Sunday evening just prove it.

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 01.06.2011, 09:09 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Group: Admins
By the way, it's devastating to go Kruiz even by car. The traffic jam on Griboyedova str. is going from both sides, and all the approaches to Kruiz are crowded by cars((

LuckDate: Wednesday, 01.06.2011, 10:57 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I suppose it's much better for you just to cross the road and watch a movie in "Druzhba" rather than run a car, drive to "Luxor" and then spend time trying to find a free place in a parking lot:)
I finally can spend much less time for the road as well. Because getting to Kruis was always a looong morning journey:) Now-it takes only 15 mins and I am in Bars:) Though frankly speaking I like Luxor (in Kruis) much more, maybe I simply got used to it:)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » What is the most popular cinema in Ryazan? (cinema)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024