THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:46
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » People are in danger (what do you think about modern films?)
People are in danger
8davids8Date: Friday, 09.10.2009, 22:09 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Don't you think it'll be quite expensive??

AsyaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 22:16 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Well... I don't think it'll be TOO expensive.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 02.09.2010, 12:28 | Message # 18
Dean
Group: Admins
Hello, everyone! I have recently watched the movie "Sindbad's Last Journey" and "Sindbad Returning". Well, not that much of cinema art, but strange as it is, I have watched it four times since February. It is about spying operations and intelligence services. What do you think about the movie?

Suigintou_RozenDate: Monday, 14.03.2011, 15:18 | Message # 19
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
In my opinion there are few good films nowadays.There are a lot of violence and cruelty in them,and we can seldom see the 'happy end'.I think children also need good cartoons wich teaches to be kind and loving sad Modern TV corrupts people and makes them zombie,that's why I watch only "news" on TV and by the way I do it very seldom.I can't stand stupid TV shows and awful films about murder and criminals.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 14.03.2011, 21:08 | Message # 20
Dean
Awards: 3
I can't agree with you at all. You're self-contradictory, I mean if you have such an attitude to modern films, how can you bear news??))) It's a mere horror film, really! Besides, we're not just silent robots, ready to swallow everything. On the contrary, todays viewers are very very selective and critical. And of course, the eternal truth: the one who seeks will finally find)

Message edited by lovefootball) - Monday, 14.03.2011, 21:09

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 01:32 | Message # 21
Monitor
WOW, what a battle we have here)I agree with those, who say that, the main pupose of modern films is to get money and nothing else. Look at modern films! Only special effects, gun fire and of course a love story (Sure we can't live without such stories. That's why director put it into every movie.).
But I'm not against any violence or something if it is needed to express the idea of the movie or add some realism.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

Message edited by 2Young - Thursday, 12.05.2011, 01:33

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 00:47 | Message # 22
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I think modern films can't be danger for people nowadays. No doubt films are frank now and the censorship allows many things. But films are a good thing to make us think about modern problems of our society.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 22.07.2011, 15:12 | Message # 23
Dean
Awards: 3
Why do you despise romantic stories but approve of violence? Yes, love affairs have really become an essential part of almost any film but what's so particular about it? In this context such relations only gives this or that film realism, I mean sometimes feelings even make the world go round, occupy our minds and don't leave us in peace. Besides, various directors try to show us absolutely different plots so that the onlookers can make some personal useful conclusions. Still I admit that there are plenty of trashy movies that suggest only warmed-over ideas. Of course, violence is also realistic and I'm not against demonstrating it if only it's not an end in itself.

LeoDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 00:08 | Message # 24
Monitor
I believe that any person should just choose the right films that can satisfy you. You should enjoy films. Tastes differ. Just only what you like....

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 15:08 | Message # 25
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
Quote (Luck)
And actually I disagree with the opinion that modern movies can bring something bad to us or that they are “poor”.

Of course there are many good films but don not forget that there are wicked films which harm people.

PashkaaDate: Saturday, 29.09.2012, 12:19 | Message # 26
Union organizer
Quote (Leo)
I believe that any person should just choose the right films that can satisfy you. You should enjoy films. Tastes differ. Just only what you like....

What kind of films do you prefer?

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 19:41 | Message # 27
Union organizer
I'm very picky about the choice of films for watching. So I often have argued with friends that we would watch in the cinema. biggrin Very few really good movies are showed in cinemas in these latter days. For example, horror is impossible to watch. But some films are masterpieces of world cinema. And everyone should watch these movies smile

ZhgutikDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 21:00 | Message # 28
Union organizer
Little_Mu,
But some films are masterpieces of world cinema.

Can you give an example of these films?

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 22:00 | Message # 29
Union organizer
(Zhgutik)
Can you give an example of these films?

Of course) I think that "Harry Potter" and " The lord of the rings" are the best screen version of books. So, "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are really masterpieces of world cinema. Do you agree with me?

ZhgutikDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 22:33 | Message # 30
Union organizer
Little_Mu,
Of course) I think that "Harry Potter" and " The lord of the rings" are the best screen version of books. So, "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are really masterpieces of world cinema. Do you agree with me?

I constantly agree with you. Buy I think that a film can't be better than a book. Do you think so?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » People are in danger (what do you think about modern films?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024