THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 05:32
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » People are in danger (what do you think about modern films?)
People are in danger
Neriel-samaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 11:17 | Message # 1
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I have been looking for a chance to discuss this problem (for me it is a problem) for a long time. I ask for your honest opinions: what do modern films bring home to the viewers today? I often go to the cinema or watch the same movies at home. What can a person get from a film besides violence and sex, I wonder?

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 19:12 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Those movies you watch in Ryazan theatres are aimed at "drawing" money from you. Most of them do not show any ideas, it's not an art in its origin meaning, it's just a commercial art. More than that, I can't understand why you watsh the same movies at home??)))
As far as sex and violence, I can give you an example. No later than this May at the Cannes Film Festivel they showed a movie by Lars von Trier. It's titled "Antichrist". It abuses showing violence and sex, but this is certainly the greatest arthouse film of this year. So, why this movie was highly apprecited, for example, in GB, and caused tonns of bad critisism all over the world? Because nontheless all those sex and violence there was some obscure meaning. So, this is the answer to your question. Some movies should be watched like books that are read between lines.

Neriel-samaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 20:37 | Message # 3
Student
Maybe I was brought up on some Soviet films and cartoons, that's why I has such an opinion. Also I want to remark that I don't watch EVERY film which goes in the cinema at home. Frankly speaking, I don't watch TV at all not because I don't have time, but because I can't bear it. I prefer to watch anime, through which all human problems are raised, but just in drawing.

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 23:32 | Message # 4
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Neriel-sama, why do you compare such incomparable things? Anime and movies??? They're totally different!!!! I do like anime and can't but agree with you that all the human problems are raised there. But! I don't stick to the point that movies are so bad! Why???? I avoid films, full of sex and violence but have a lot to watch! Such movies are usually not shown in cinemas but they do exist.

Message edited by Assa - Friday, 09.10.2009, 03:26

8davids8Date: Thursday, 08.10.2009, 02:21 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Such movies are usually shown at Moscow and St-Petersburg' theatres.

8davids8Date: Thursday, 08.10.2009, 20:15 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Quote (Assa)
who do you compare such incomparable things? Anime and movies???

yes, that's for sure. anime shouldn't pretend to be a cinematography genre. it's something else.

AsyaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 03:28 | Message # 7
Quote (8davids8)
Such movies are usually shown at Moscow and St-Petersburg' theatres.

Well, I think it would be an interesting idea for our group to speend some weekend. wink

8davids8Date: Friday, 09.10.2009, 08:34 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Hm-hm, have some ideas actually....

Neriel-samaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 20:28 | Message # 9
Student
Assa, as far as I know, you haven't watched enough anime to argue with me. Chobits and Sailor Moon and Miyadzaki's movies are not those I'm talking about.

LuckDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 20:37 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Cinema has changed our life, hasn’t it? Thanks to cinema we can spend our free time enjoying a favorite horror or comedy movie. And actually I disagree with the opinion that modern movies can bring something bad to us or that they are “poor”. Not at all! I do go to the cinema and I do watch movies at home and I don’t think that this makes me bored or dissatisfied. If you don’t want to see violence, then you shouldn’t watch thrillers or horrors, just enjoy comedies or something else. As Asya said there are thousands of movies and you can avoid “violence in the movies”, choosing something that you like!
By the way, Max, what ideas do you have?)))))

AsyaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 21:33 | Message # 11
Quote (Neriel-sama)
Assa, as far as I know, you haven't watched enough anime to argue with me. Chobits and Sailor Moon and Miyadzaki's movies are not those I'm talking about.

Neriel-sama, I think you didn't get the idea of my posting at all. I wanted to say ONLY that cinematography isn't worse than animes.
And I don't see any sense in your aggressive manner of reacting to my message.

RinaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 21:40 | Message # 12
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Quote (Neriel-sama)
Assa, as far as I know, you haven't watched enough anime to argue with me.

As far as I understand Assa didn't argue =))))) On the contrary, SHE AGREED!!!! (with the fact that all human problems are raised in anime)))))) Assa only said that it's not reasonable to compare anime and movies - It's like comparing apples and oranges - they are too different but that doesn't mean that smth is better and smth is worse =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

eventually, everybody has a right to share his//her point of view and we should respect it))))))) Neriel-sama, may be, I'm mistaken, but your comment seems a little bit agressive)))))) (*hope I'm wrong wink )

Message edited by Rina - Friday, 09.10.2009, 21:41

8davids8Date: Friday, 09.10.2009, 21:49 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Quote (Luck)
By the way, Max, what ideas do you have?)))))

Actually, violence is almost an integral part of a good movie. BUT!!! Tarkovsky has never used viloence in his movies, and still his movies are smth unachievable for today's directors.
Of course, sometimes violence is used for intentional frightening of the audience, especially in so called modern horror movies. We shouldn't forget that we're animals in our nature. We always have to slake our thirst for violence. Remember the Bible. What did they do with Jesus Christ? They nailed his hands and legs to the cross. Isn't that violence?
So I think it's an idle dispute. If one is vulnerable, there are lots of romantic and comedy films released these days. By the way, nobody abolished classics.

8davids8Date: Friday, 09.10.2009, 21:51 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Quote (Neriel-sama)
you haven't watched enough anime to argue with me

Quote (Rina)
your comment seems a little bit agressive

My Lord, take it easy!)

AsyaDate: Friday, 09.10.2009, 22:02 | Message # 15
No, Max, we mean some concrete ideas. smile
When will we go to Moscow? And what movie will we watch????

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » People are in danger (what do you think about modern films?)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024