THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 28.03.2024, 13:54
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » My Favourite Movie (3d Year 1st Semester LP 5 - Modality)
My Favourite Movie
TeacherDate: Thursday, 11.09.2014, 00:25 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
My favouritemovie is “What dreams may come” (1998). The main character of this film is Chris Nielsen (Robin Williams). The plot of this work of art (I can’t name it in a differentway) concerns the idea of life after people’s death in our sinful world. Moreover,
it’s connected with the Christian idea of what happens with those people who
choose committing a suicide as their final act in a play called “life”. It’s
really a wonderful movie. It brings an emotional storm into my heart and mind
any time I watch it (and I’ve watched it dozens of times, you know). The crucial
point of the film is the idea of Universal Love that saves all people. This
feeling is represented as a strong chain that connects souls in any world, and
even if they exist in parallel realities. Actually, it looks like a fairy-tale.
But still, I think one should watch it at least once in his or her life. Generally
speaking, this is a family movie. I don’t give you a summary intentionally because
if you get interested in it, you’ll find and watch it for sure. But if
you are not, so what’s the use “kicking keys”. So, I hope you won’t be disappointed
with the film.
Attachments: 0578466.jpg (9.0 Kb)

In Vino Veritas...

ValerkaDate: Friday, 12.09.2014, 23:40 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
To be honest, it isn't easy to pick out one favorite film. So, my choiceusually depends on my mood. But, nevertheless, most of all, I am interested in
watching historical films, especially something about ancient Rome. Well, now i
would like to pay attention to such a wonderful movie that is called
"August"("Imperium" 2003). The main character of this
film is Octavian (Benjamin Sadler).Before expressing my feelings and emotional
position about this movie; I would like to say a few words that concern the plot
of the film.
The plot: In42 BC Rome was in the middle of a civil war. The young Augustus with his best
friend Agrippa was going to help Julius Caesar to win the struggle against
the troops of Pompey. And they managed with this uneasy aim. After that August
was proclaimed as a heir of Julius Caesar.....
I will not continuethe next events of this exciting film because it really will take much
time. Moreover, I hope the beginning of the story will probably attract you.
 I know thatmost of people guess that all the historical films are naturally very boring
and tedious. But you should understand that it isn't a comedy that makes
you laughed, it isn't a melodrama that very often reflects  just a
lathery plot. A historical film is one of the most serious kinds of movies.
I am sure that evenall these films can enhance the horizons of your mind. To tell the truth, there
is one more reason why i prefer watching such a kind of film. I am't really
good at history and these wonderful films help me to fill my gaps in this
subject.
Speaking about"August",  it is one of the most  prosperous historical movies. It reflects the real events of ancient Rome.There is love, hate, bitterness and compassion. But the most important that
there is a  line between life and death. And everyone can 
feel this line thatsometimes we can't see it in our real life.
 So, if youwant to get into all these really significant historical events, you should
watch this film!!!

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 14.09.2014, 20:58 | Message # 3
Group: Moders

Represent your attention the interesting animated film "The Rain Children". hands
It was shot in 2003 by the French film studio. "The Rain Children" is an adaptation of the book "In the image of the dragon" Serge Bryussolo. This cartoon in the fantasy genre tells the story of our world in the distant future or in an unknown past. And it is the world of two nations - the Pyross, the people of the sun, and the Hydross, the children of the rain.
I think that this cartoon is a new story of Romeo and Juliet, but with the happy end. Because, according to the plot, the two nations know very little about one another, and they can't even touch one another, as the contact of Hydross skin burns the Pyross and vice versa. Peace between Hydross and Pyross seems impossible, but two young people, a Pyross named Skan and a young Hydross, Kallisto, meet one another in improbable circumstances and try desperately to stop the eternal war. And they change the world thanks to their true love.
True love is a really great power. And it can give people strength to fight with any difficulties...
I can't say that this cartoon is only for children. I advise to watch it with the whole family and keep in the collection of favorite family films.

Attachments: 7195614.jpg (142.0 Kb) · 4589607.jpg (25.8 Kb)

Message edited by FoxyT - Sunday, 14.09.2014, 21:03

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 16.09.2014, 17:46 | Message # 4
Union organizer
One of my favorite movies is a fiction thriller "Inception'' by Christopher Nolan. It was released in 2010 and got several Oskar awards for the best visual effects and other technical operation.
This story is about a group of people who have an unusual busyness. They penetrate into somebody's dreams and get some secrets they are interested in.
First of all, one of the most distinctive features of the film is its idea. There are a lot of movies about robberies, but in this case we have a human head instead of a bank.
Besides, the movie has talanted cast. These are Leonardo Dicaprio, who acts as a Dominick Coub. This man is a profissional in the field of controlling dreams. There are a lot of different characters in the film yet and everyone has his or her features and skills.
Moreover, the film has impressive visual effects that make an atmosphere for us as if we're really in a dream. An exciting plot, amazing views, neat tricks and massive firefights are accompaned by incredible music which was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Finally, this masterpiece is a great work of a directional team. I got only good impressions after the first watching. That's why I've watched it again for five or six times. If you haven't experienced it, go and do it now! I hope you'll apreciate it.
Attachments: 4249058.jpg (28.9 Kb)

Message edited by Pashkaa - Thursday, 18.09.2014, 12:42

ValerieTrDate: Tuesday, 16.09.2014, 22:49 | Message # 5

One of my favourite films is "Sea Wall". This is a short-movie, directed by Andrew Porter and Simon Stephens, was releasedon 15th of January in 2012. The writer is Simon Stephens.I would like to tell you a few words about the plot. Alex is theonly one character in the movie and he tells us his story that is little bit
incoherent. But this is more than a story, it’s a kind of confession, because he really needs to talk. He wants to feel better. Alex is a very sentimental man. He is very friendly
and he tells his story very emotionally. His voice timbre changes as like as his mimicry and that's why you start to sympathize him. Alex jokes but
there is bitterness in his eyes. He was the happiest father of his little lovely
girl and the husband who absolutely admires his wife and still having no idea
why she is with him. But one day the entire world collapsed for him. Hissweetheart daughter was dead because of the accident. Alex was far from the
place where she had been and he could see everything that happened.  Alex said: “There's a hole running through the centre of my stomach.” And it’s absolutely so. This death ruined everything. AndrewScott, played Alex, is absolutely amazing in this role. The thing that draws
attention from the start is his gorgeous mimicry and the voice. Andrew always
plays the roles of people who lost somebody or themselves and he is great in
this.  But, to tell the truth, it doesn’t
look like he plays a role. It looks like he lives through it. There is nomusic or special effects. One man, one room and one camera. One simple man who
wears casual clothes tells his story in the photo studio. It’s enough to make
the atmosphere.To tell thetruth, I had never watched short movies because I thought they should be pretty
dull. But when I pressed the button “play” I was absolutely fascinated by the
film. Alex makes us go through this hard period of life with him.  “Sea Wall” made me smile, sympathize and cry
thanks to the incredible script and, of course, amazing acting of Mr. Scott.
Attachments: 1764143.jpg (117.0 Kb)

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 00:25 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Sinister is American supernatural horror film directed by Scott Derrickson. The script was written by Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. The film was released in the US on October 12, 2012.
Actions take place in a little town when a family headed by the father Ellison Oswalt settles in a new house. Nobody of the members of the family except the father knows that exactly in this house another family was killed by someone and one of their children disappeared. Ellison is a criminal writer and he wants to return his success, triumph and fame and to write another best-seller about the murder. But when he begins his investigation, strange events happen in the house and soon he deeply regrets about the decision to move into this house
because something unexplainable happens in the house and threatens his family…
The main roles are performed by Ethan Hawke as Ellison, Juliet Rylance as Tracy, Fred Thompson as sheriff and James Ransone as deputy. As for me, all the actors successfully managed with their parts. The film is really dreadful and of course it is partly the actors’ merit.
I want to single out Christopher Young who is the composer of the film. I have watched “Sinister” more than once and the music is really terrifying! There are a lot of scaring moments in the film but they become really awful because of music’s influence! The music stresses you so much and you have gooseflesh all over your body!
Moreover, you should pay attention to the creation that is responsible for strange events in the house. His image is worthy our attention!
To sum it up, I would like to say that this is my favorite horror film and I want you to watch it. But don’t try to watch it alone in the dark room…

Attachments: 8964848.jpg (45.4 Kb)

Message edited by Zhgutik - Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 00:29

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 08:21 | Message # 7
Head teacher
There are a lot of films that i like and i want to tell you about one of them. It is "Leon" 
This film was created by one of the most famous film director Luc Besson,  It was released in 1994, the country of it's production was France. The main actors were Jean Reno, Natalie Portman and Gary Oldman.
The film is very popular and we can notice it by the ratings on the Internet.
The main character of the film was a man Leon, he was a hired assassin and a lonely person in life. His neighbor was Matilda, twelve year old girl from a dysfunctional family. Her father was engaged in drug trafficking and had a big problem because of this. Once, returning home Matilda found killed all members of her family (her parents, little brother and sister) Of course, it was the work of enemies of her father. Matilda decided  to avenge her little brother, she asked for help from her neighbor - Leon and he agreed to do it (although it was a great danger to him). Matilda asked him to teach her to his work "to be a killer", instead of this she promised to help him in the household and teach him English.  
One day, Matilda decided on the first murder (she was going to kill one of the members of the gang who killed her family), but of course, he was more professional in this work and Matilda was in captivity. Leon came to her aid, by that he condemned himself to a feud with this gang. In the end, he died protecting her. 

I think this film is worth watching because of unordinary and interesting idea - a little girl saved an adult male from loneliness, while he helped her to survive.

ValerkaDate: Wednesday, 17.09.2014, 22:22 | Message # 8
Zhgutik, i have read your review about your favourite movie. Of course, i guessed that you would write about horror film. And you know  that i don't keep on such a kind of movies. But, to tell the truth, the plot made a pleasant impression on me. I brought out that this film probably would not let me down. I think i will not put off watching "Sinister". By the way, what else can you advise me to watch? I mean something that corcerns horror fimls. And i am interesred in asking one more question to you. How many horror films have you already watched???Because i know you are crazy about it smile

PashkaaDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 22:15 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Perilova, I've watched the film "Leon" and I agree that this work is worth watching. It's a story about so unusual unit. Luc Besson is a great director and he's made a lot of good movies. Personally, If you appreciate his work, I'd like to advise you to watch "Angel-A". Have you seen it? It's a very motivating film. By the way, It's so good that I've seen "Leon", because your message is a great SPOILER! biggrin

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 23:05 | Message # 10
Quote Perilova ()
There are a lot of films that i like and i want to tell you about one of them. It is "Leon"  This film was created by one of the most famous film director Luc Besson,

To tell the truth, Luc Besson is one of my favourite film directors. I think, when a person hears his name, he or she can remember such films as "Leon", "The Fifth Element", "Taxi" and "Wasabi".  What is more, his new movie "Lucy" is now in the cinemas. Again we can see a woman in the centre of the story. Have you seen this film, Kate?

PerilovaDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 23:25 | Message # 11
Head teacher
Quote Pashkaa ()
I've watched the film "Leon" and I agree that this work is worth watching. It's a story about so unusual unit. Luc Besson is a great director and he's made a lot of good movies. Personally, If you appreciate his work, I'd like to advise you to watch "Angel-A". Have you seen it? It's a very motivating film. By the way, It's so good that I've seen "Leon", because your message is a great SPOILER!

Yes, Luc Besson is a professional in his field, i like most of his works, but i've not watched "Angel-A" yet. 
Hahaha.. it's a great spoiler, but i hope my description of the plot will inspire or motivate somebody to watch it ) 
By the way, Luc Besson's new film "Lucy" is now in the cinemas and Scarlett Johansson plays a major role. Are you going to watch it ?

Added (18.09.2014, 23:25)
---------------------------------------------

Quote ValerieTr ()
Again we can see a woman in the centre of the story. Have you seen this film, Kate?

No, but i am going to watch it this weekend ) I believe it will be great, because i not only like this director, but Scarlett Johansson as well. I think she is a talented actress. Do you agree ? And what is your favourite Luc Besson's film ?

ZhgutikDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 23:50 | Message # 12
Union organizer
FoxyT, I thought that I'm the only person in our group who watches cartoons with pleasure! As I said, I'm not only a fervent fan of horror films, I really interested in watching cartoons, especially about magic. I've watched quite a lot of them and they really absorb me! To tell the truth, I adore everything about magic and unreal world. Maybe i'm just a little kid, or an adult who does't want to face real life problems that's why I try to watch such kinds of films! So, stick to the point, your description interested me and i'm going to watch it right now!  Bye bye!!! hello

FoxyTDate: Friday, 19.09.2014, 00:07 | Message # 13
Group: Moders
Quote Zhgutik ()
FoxyT, I thought that I'm the only person in our group who watches cartoons with pleasure! As I said, I'm not only a fervent fan of horror films, I really interested in watching cartoons, especially about magic. I've watched quite a lot of them and they really absorb me! To tell the truth, I adore everything about magic and unreal world. Maybe i'm just a little kid, or an adult who does't want to face real life problems that's why I try to watch such kinds of films! So, stick to the point, your description interested me and i'm going to watch it right now! Bye bye!!!
 Zhgutik, I'm very glad that you turned attention to my review)) I know you're my like-minded person)
Actually, I don't think that if you like to watch cartoons, so it's a sign of childhood. Although, perhaps, in some moments of life it really helps to get away from reality. But a person needs to do it at least sometimes and cartoons are one of the best and most harmless ways to do it))
Besides, it is possible that cartoons help you to restore your psyche after the horror films))

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 19.09.2014, 01:07 | Message # 14
Quote Perilova ()
Do you agree ? And what is your favourite Luc Besson's film ?

Yes, of course! Scarlet is a very talented actress and I really like her work in this film. I think, "Lucy" is my favourite Besson's film now. But I don't want to desribe the reason for it because there can be spoilers  biggrin

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » My Favourite Movie (3d Year 1st Semester LP 5 - Modality)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024