THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 04:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » "Shkola" (Let's discuss this TV-serial)
"Shkola"
TeacherDate: Friday, 28.05.2010, 01:04 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
As you know, one of the most famous serials nowadays is "Shkola" by Valery Gai Germanika. What do you think about it? Is it good or bad? Is there any sense in "Shkola"?
I think this so to say film is very useful both for children and adults. It reveals the whole rottenness of our schools. It helps parents to understand their children. It helps children to look at themselves through the prism of the older society.

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Friday, 28.05.2010, 01:35 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
this is not the most famous series nowadays. as for the director, I don't know where she saw such schools. There are "good" and "bad" pupils in every school, but unfortunately she sees only "bad" ones

TeacherDate: Friday, 28.05.2010, 01:37 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Luck, she's decided to show us real problems of nowadays teenagers. Yes, she makes this 9th grade absolutely absurd, but in general she is right.

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Friday, 28.05.2010, 10:07 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Yesterday was the last series by the way. The only thing I can say about the director is that her mental health is very poor, but who I am to say such things? Well, anyway, her lifestyle, her attitude to work and her looks speak for themselves. One should make conclusion himself.
Concerning this very series, Mrs. Germanica says that this stuff is about modern young people and their problems. But what is the audience of the series? The 9th form students who are supposed to comprehend the deep message of the movie. Pseudointellectual dialogs can interest only children, because they are full of pathos and have no real sense. Improvisation manner of shooting shows the attitude of the author to what she does. So-called realistic manner is just a "potboiler" and nothing more. The narrow and insignificant problems has meaning only in the eyes of inexperienced or young viewer. Her main character Ms. Nosova is a reflection of Germanica's inner world. She commits a suicide, and another character says: "It's good that she's done it. If she can't stand the life now, it's gonna be even harder in the future, so she'd better die now...". Only this deep analysis of the events may stand up for Germanica. People grow older and they forget about their youth problems. They regard them senseless and childish. I still see no reason why it should have been shown on the state channel in prime time. My attitude to the series is rather negative, as you may notice.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 28.05.2010, 20:01 | Message # 5
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
When the series was just beginning, I didn't know anything about it. But one day my German teacher told me she had turned on TV and heared the following , "Let's do away with Grandpa." As you see that was a phrase from this series. Well, that determined my attitude to "Shkola".

RinaDate: Tuesday, 01.06.2010, 20:15 | Message # 6
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Well I've watched only about 4 -5 series but it was enough to understand that this “shocking revealing of the real school-life”( as it was called by some critics) isn't for me. I have to admit that most of the situations from “Schkola” really take place in our schools. Sometimes they are hyperbolized, sometimes reality is even more cruel. But as it is said not everything that exists is worth showing.

alex_makhDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 15:57 | Message # 7
Monitor
Awards: 1
I've never watched it... Is it really worth seeing?

CherryDate: Saturday, 05.06.2010, 21:33 | Message # 8
Monitor
I don`t think it is a useful or good serial for me. everything is exaggerated. I don`t think there is a school with such problems in our country. I suppose it is crual serial. and I don`t like it.But... at the same time I think it may be useful for teens. They may feel disgust to bad habits. they may understand that a teacher isn`t an animal and they should respect them.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.06.2010, 21:48 | Message # 9
Dean
H'm, maybe, but I think they'll just laugh and feel disgust for the film) And I know there are schools which problems are even worse! The point is that we can hardly find all those difficulties in an ordinary school at once.

CherryDate: Sunday, 06.06.2010, 09:04 | Message # 10
Monitor
I think they'll just laugh and feel disgust for the film)

I can`t agree with you. I know children who had bad habits, but when they have watched the serial, they have stopped, they`ve understood how awful it looks otth.

TeacherDate: Sunday, 06.06.2010, 12:43 | Message # 11
Head teacher
Quote (Cherry)
they may understand that a teacher isn`t an animal and they should respect them.

They can't understand, because every teacher at this very "shkola" is crazy in this or that way.

In Vino Veritas...

CherryDate: Monday, 07.06.2010, 15:54 | Message # 12
Monitor
I can`t argue with you in this situation, because I don`t remember teachers` behavior in the serial

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 08.06.2010, 09:48 | Message # 13
Dean
Awards: 2
I now regret having not seen the TV show "Shkola". I heard comments and opinions. I cannot have any opinion. One thing though - the school is a society in society. That's it. It can't be different, better or worse.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 08.06.2010, 17:38 | Message # 14
Dean
Did you hear only negative comments?

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 08.06.2010, 21:41 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Teacher, it's possible to watch this serial on-line. Here is the site where it can be done for free: http://www.shkola-serial.ru/smotret-serial-shkola-online.html

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » "Shkola" (Let's discuss this TV-serial)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024