THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 21:28
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Pushkin as MANGA protagonist
Pushkin as MANGA protagonist
RinaDate: Monday, 08.06.2009, 13:05 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
It's not a secret that 2 days ago (on the 6th of June) there was a birthday of the greatest Russian poet A. S. Pushkin. And I guess everybody of you know what MANGA is.
So, what are these 2 symbols of Russian and Japanese literature united by? It's a new manga by Saito Chiho which is called Bronze Angel. This manga tells us 'bout A. Pushlin and N. Goncharova's love-story and has some fragments from A. S.' novels and poems...
I'd like to know ur opinion about it. Do u regard the manga as the appreciation of Russian literature or may be you think it is just an attempt to make money on other country's national heritage? Can the manga make the young generation interested in classical literature? What do u think?
Attachments: 0027444.jpg (151.1 Kb)

Message edited by Rina - Monday, 08.06.2009, 13:07

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 13:06 | Message # 2
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Manga!!!!!!!!!!! "Chobits"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know my attitude to it. biggrin
As for Pushin, I don't think that's a good idea. It may vulgarize his life and Art. Love story... Isn't there any age limit for the movie?!

RinaDate: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 15:31 | Message # 3
Assa, please, don't mix the words MANGA and ANIME... the first one is a sort of comics (literature) and anime is a movie...
I don't think that there is any age limit, 'cos it is said to be a "sedze" genre which target group means girls betweeen 12 and 16 biggrin
And, compairing with "Chobits".. don't you think that Bronze angel (A.S.P.) is as KAWAii as CHii hands ? (to my mind, he is)))))
about vulgarizing his life and art... I also share ur opinion...it may. The future will show)))

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 09.06.2009, 15:40 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
How do u think girls, can i be interested in literature which age bounds are from 12 to 16??))))

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2009, 11:03 | Message # 5
Quote (Rina)
Assa, please, don't mix the words MANGA and ANIME... the first one is a sort of comics (literature) and anime is a movie...

Watch it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/chobits/manga. Chobits is both: anime&manga.

Quote (8davids8)
How do u think girls, can i be interested in literature which age bounds are from 12 to 16??))))

No, you can't. Reread Rina's post: that's for GIRLS aged from 12 to 16!

RinaDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2009, 20:41 | Message # 6
Quote (Assa)
Chobits is both: anime&manga.

Chobit is. I agree.. at least we've discussed this theme today)))))))))

Quote (Assa)
Reread Rina's post: that's for GIRLS aged from 12 to 16!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

AsyaDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 00:01 | Message # 7
shy shy shy shy shy
Irina, by the way, which Anime do you like most of all???

RinaDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 00:52 | Message # 8
Quote (Assa)
Irina, by the way, which Anime do you like most of all???

ooooh.... Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies.... Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away... they are fantastic.....awesome.... I haven't seen any anime that flabbergasted me more than these ones...
And what 'bout you?

AsyaDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 01:11 | Message # 9
Quite the same... biggrin biggrin biggrin
Miyazaki is a genious, he creates masterpieces!!!! I adore Spirited away, Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro. Totoro is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also like Whisper of the heart by Yoshifumi Kondo and Hayao Miyazaki.
And I can't forget my first anime series Candy-Candy!!!!

RinaDate: Thursday, 11.06.2009, 23:21 | Message # 10
Quote (Assa)
And I can't forget my first anime series Candy-Candy!!!!

yep.... I stil remember it too)) especially the song))))))) t'was so nice and rather naive, but it amazed)))

AsyaDate: Friday, 12.06.2009, 00:10 | Message # 11
It was the first of the kind!!!!!!!!!!! That's why we liked it)))

Neriel-samaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 11:33 | Message # 12
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
It seems strange to me that Japanese mangaku( the ones who drae mangs) are able to do such a thing- to create manga about Pushkin. Of course it will be a sedze, but when did the age limit stop tha fans? It will be just interesting to read such comics. And as to some words about anime and manga above, anime is ALWAYS based on manga, except full-length films as those of Miyadzaki)) He is a genious indeed. Girls, as you are such big fans of his films, I have audacity to advise you some marvellous films,they are Gedo Senki: Tales from Earthsea (it is the first work of his son, Gorou) and Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro. I hope you'll notice my late reply to this a bit outdated topic crazy

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 07.10.2009, 23:24 | Message # 13
I've already watched "The castle of Cagliostro". And I liked it! Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuroi_NekODate: Sunday, 13.12.2009, 21:44 | Message # 14
Monitor
Awards: 0
As lovestory I think it will be interesting for reading,as for Pushkin I think our Russian poet and Japanese culture aren't compatible! However I very much like anime and manga and I agree with Assa!))) Hayao Miyazaki is a genius and god among anime creators ))))

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 13.12.2009, 23:35 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Awards: 3
I'm not at all interested in manga or anime though I saw a few works by Hayao Miyazaki. To tell the truth, some of them could be called an eye-widening fantasy and a thought-provoking reflection on the human condition. However, I can't say I'm a fan of such kind of art.
As for the above mentioned book, well, I reckon it won't differ much from numerous novelettes published today. Anyway, I'm not an expert in this area dry

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Pushkin as MANGA protagonist
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024