THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 10:39
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Fantasy.
Fantasy.
Nikky0638Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 02:15 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from the genres of science fiction and horror by the expectation that it steers clear of scientific and macabre themes.
In popular culture, the genre of fantasy is dominated by its medievalist form, especially since the worldwide success of The Lord of the Rings and related books by J. R. R. Tolkien. Fantasy has also included fairy tales, wizards, sorcerers, or witchcraft, (etc.), in events which avoid horror. In its broadest sense, however, fantasy comprises works by many writers, artists, filmmakers, and musicians, from ancient myths and legends to many recent works embraced by a wide audience today.

How do you treat to this genre?
Do you have any favourite authors in this genre?

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Friday, 25.05.2012, 02:17

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 02:35 | Message # 2
Monitor
When I was a child I liked fairy-tales very much, especially with Baba Yaga's preset biggrin My grandmother told me different fairy-tales...
I like "Harry Potter" very much, I guess it's fantasy. My favourite volume is the second one, it is the most interesting volume for me

NiakrisDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 23:58 | Message # 3
Monitor
To tell the truth, fantasy is my favourite genre. Almost all books in my room are in this genre. Fantasy can be different, you shouldn't mix some various kinds of it. I prefer scientific, cosmic and medieval fantasy (and the last kind I like more than the other ones). My favourite authors are Iar Elterrus, Veronika Ivanova and Sergei Lukjanenko.
Fantasy makes our life brighter. You start to believe in miracles... Read it, boys and girls =)

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 10:44 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
I like this kind of books.I like read about monsters,people who have a magical power and about other different strange things=)It is very interesting for me=)But I think that some kinds of fantasy can be stupid and incomprehensible.

ValerieTrDate: Thursday, 27.09.2012, 22:24 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Quote (Zhgutik)
I like read about monsters,people who have a magical power and about other different strange things=)

Do you like books about Harry Potter? smile

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 17:48 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Fantasy is my favorite genre of books and films. I can't imagine my life without fantasy! When you read this genre of books, your imagination develops incredibly quickly! You can imagine all in the world cool
If you like to read fantasy books, you have to know who is Dumbledore and Gandalf, what is different Avada Kedavra from Expecto Patronum and why Volha Redņaya went to vampires biggrin

ZhgutikDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 22:23 | Message # 7
Union organizer
ValerieTr,
Quote (Zhgutik)
I like read about monsters,people who have a magical power and about other different strange things=)

Do you like books about Harry Potter? smile

Yes, of course. I like these books very much. I can re-read it endlessly=)

Added (27.12.2012, 22:23)
---------------------------------------------
Little_Mu,

Fantasy is my favorite genre of books and films. I can't imagine my life without fantasy! When you read this genre of books, your imagination develops incredibly quickly! You can imagine all in the world cool
If you like to read fantasy books, you have to know who is Dumbledore and Gandalf, what is different Avada Kedavra from Expecto Patronum and why Volha Redņaya went to vampires biggrin

What is your favourite book of this genre?
Do you like films of this genre?

Little_MuDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 12:08 | Message # 8
Union organizer
(Zhgutik)
What is your favourite book of this genre?
Do you like films of this genre?

Hmm, I can't say a certain book. I like Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The sword with no name, Occupation: Witch, The Master and Margarita and other)) Of course, I like films in this genre) And what about you?

ZhgutikDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 22:23 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Little_Mu,
To tell the truth, I read a lot of fantasy book bu I don't remember the name of these books.

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.12.2012, 14:41 | Message # 10
Union organizer
(Zhgutik)
I read a lot of fantasy book bu I don't remember the name of these books.

Do you read only fantasy?

Johnny_BravoDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 18:47 | Message # 11
Union organizer
(Zhgutik)
But I think that some kinds of fantasy can be stupid and incomprehensible.

Why do you think so? IMHO it doesn't depend on genre. Bad authors write stupid books i think

FoxyTDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 23:08 | Message # 12
Group: Moders
(Zhgutik)
magical power and about other different strange things=)It is very interesting for me=)But I think that some kinds of fantasy can be stupid and incomprehensible.

I agree with you on all 100%! :)))
I am also interested in people with extraordinary abilities and unknown new worlds. But nowadays fantasy can be not plausible and even stupid.

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 07:06 | Message # 13
Union organizer
I like a fantasy. I read many books and watched movies

PerilovaDate: Sunday, 24.02.2013, 23:47 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Quote (Strawberry1992)
When I was a child I liked fairy-tales very much, especially with Baba Yaga's preset My grandmother told me different fairy-tales...
I like "Harry Potter" very much, I guess it's fantasy. My favourite volume is the second one, it is the most interesting volume for me

Do you think such genre like fantasy can develop your imagination ?

ValerkaDate: Monday, 25.02.2013, 17:42 | Message # 15
Quote (Nastay62rus)
I like a fantasy. I read many books and watched movies

What books have you read? What films have you watched? What is yur favourite fantasy?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » Fantasy.
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024