THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 06.05.2024, 04:17
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » what was the last book you've read? (speaking about books)
what was the last book you've read?
LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 23:20 | Message # 31
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Well I still am sure you would prefer reading things about geography or travelling or adventure stories:)) I know your devotion to this kind of literature and I must admit it's not the most boring one! Moreover these books can REALLY educate you a lot. (Do not think now that I have something against classical literature!)

AmarantaDate: Thursday, 29.03.2012, 22:40 | Message # 32
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As for me, the last book I`ve read is the novel "The Garden of Eden" written by one of my favourite authors Ernest Hemingway. I became interested in this writer when we read his works at University. Having read "The old man and the sea", I wanted to read something else by Hemingway. I chose "The Garden of Eden" because it`s his last work. To tell the truth, I didn`t like it at first. The events were boring, the characters too annoying, and the author`s purpose unclear. But as I continued to read, I understood the author`s purpose clearer and clearer. There are many mixed things in it that are closely connected with each other. There are even some of the author's feelings about his father. In a word, I advise you to read this novel.

TeacherDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 14:32 | Message # 33
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Amaranta, have you read Hemingway's stories from the collection "In our time"? Personaly, I like reading finction and feel that you, too, have your favourite books and stories. Sure there is something you like most, isn't there?

In Vino Veritas...

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 14:51 | Message # 34
Monitor
Awards: 1
The last book I've read is book "The old man and the sea" by Ernest Hemingway and I really believe it may be his best book. It tells us about an old fisherman who is very poor but he has really the richest inner world; He is honest,kind,and as Hemingway writes "his eyes have the same color as the sea,they are cheerful and undefeated" He has a little friend, a boy whose name is Manolin, who takes care of Santiago and tries to help him all the time. So as for me, I really believe that this book has a very deep sense and it was interesting for me to read it.

TeacherDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 10:52 | Message # 35
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Flower-girl, how can you describe your emotions and feelings when you were reading this book?

In Vino Veritas...

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 12:56 | Message # 36
Monitor
I adore reading. When I was a child I hated books and always cried when my mother told me to read those books we had to read in summer. I opened them and 30 minutes every day I pretended to read them. But once everything changed. I bought a book by myself and started to read. Page by page. Word by word. I imagined to be the main character and it excited me.
The Man Who Laughs is a novel by Victor Hugo which I have recently read. I advise everyone to read it. It teaches and educates us. I`m still impressed by it and can`t find a book to read.

Message edited by mrsbukale - Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:46

VasilisaDate: Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 00:30 | Message # 37
Monitor
Yesterday i finished to read the book "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. This writer is a genius. I like the Russian history and this book let me be proud some of our people. This book is about family, love, friends. It is about people's desires, passion, fear, doubts, happiness and desperation. I don't like books with happy ends. I'm sure that in each people's life should be a tragedy. Of course, it may be different. For one person it's a state of lovelorn, for another it's a close person's death and so on. And when the book is about people it shoud make a reader feel.
In his book Leo Tolstoy shows how passion turns into hatred and then into the desire to revenge. Love isn't important. It will be gone. Like youth. People are weak because of love. We hope it's forever but it's a mistake. The main thing in our life is faith. It makes us be people and just live in spite of our miseries sorrows and misfortunes.

Message edited by Vasilisa - Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 00:33

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 16.04.2012, 11:54 | Message # 38
Student
My last book is "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". I adore this book.First time I read it two years ago, but I like reading books several times. This book is about life and flight. Freedom and independence. Pride and fear. I can't even describe my feelings. But I'm sure everybody must read this book.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 21.05.2012, 03:20 | Message # 39
Monitor
The last book I've read was "1984" by Orwell. To tell the truth, this book is very scary, even terrifying. But it made me think over the plot and our history. I know, that when Orwell wrote this book, he believed, that it all would be realized in future. And I'm awfully happy, that he made a mistake...

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:13 | Message # 40
Monitor
It doesn`t matter what I have read last, But
I only want to say, that a good book has no ending!

SarahDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 11:59 | Message # 41
Student
THe last that I've read was a book of Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse.I can recommend it,so funny and fascinating

Nikky0638Date: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 10:39 | Message # 42
Monitor
The last book I've read was 99 francs. The main character is a cynical and intelligent person who works in advertising agency. He realizes that he is a part of the world, which he hates. Everything passes and everything is for sale. A man is the product like everything else and everybody has his own a shelf life.

ValerieTrDate: Friday, 21.09.2012, 22:07 | Message # 43
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
E. Hemingway is my favourite author. The last book I've read is "A Moveable Feast" by E. Hemingway. To tell the truth, I reread this book 4 times. smile This is a book of Hemingway's memories about his life in Paris.

ZensaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 15:03 | Message # 44
Monitor
When the shop-assistant advised me to take "I Heart New York" by Lindsey Kelk I didn't have any doubts. The name of that book speaks for itself - it's worth reading;)) From the first page till the last i was reading like crazy, and stopped only to exclaim : "Ou! it's damn awesome! what's gonna be next??!" . I advice everybody who prefer reading for pleasure or passing the time to buy that one.
P.S. If you fall in love with the main characters or with the author's way of writing - you are able to continue. 2 more parts are available. Now, I am thinking to start the next Lindsey Kelk's book "I heart Los-Angeles". I do belive it won't disappoint me.

PerilovaDate: Saturday, 29.09.2012, 02:04 | Message # 45
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (ValerieTr)
E. Hemingway is my favourite author. The last book I've read is "A Moveable Feast" by E. Hemingway. To tell the truth, I reread this book 4 times. This is a book of Hemingway's memories about his life in Paris.

What E.Hemingway's books have you read more?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Literature » what was the last book you've read? (speaking about books)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024