THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 19.05.2024, 06:15
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Modern eastern music! Who's with me?
Modern eastern music! Who's with me?
MadPandaDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 23:04 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I noticed that mostly talk about western music... What about East? Do you listen to the eastern music? I personally like Japanese and Korean music. What about you?

WardrunaDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 23:15 | Message # 2
Student
Awards: 3
Unfortunately, I don't lisen to eastern music much. I only know a couple of bands from China. Can you tell me more about eatern music, especially Japanese and Korean? What attracts you in this music?

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 00:28 | Message # 3
Monitor
what exactly do you want to know?

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 00:43 | Message # 4
Student
Awards: 3
I am interested in such details as musical styles, instuments, vocal technics and atmorpehe. As to Japanese music, I want to know more about the roots of this music. And can recommend me any bands?

RinaDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 20:07 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Nowadays I listen to nothing else but Japanese and Spanish music. I adore Kajiura Yuki's instrumental music, I like Canon Wakeshima's songs, some Japanese bands. Compared with Europe music, Eastern one is more original. Of course, it can't avoid influence of popular European music, but, borrowing something from it, Japanese compositors and song-writers always add specific features that belong to their music culture tradition. So, modern Japanese music is an eclectic mix, harmonic and catching.
And what music do you listen to, MadPanda? Why do you like it? What can you recommend?

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 22:50 | Message # 6
Monitor
Of course, everything depends on our tastes and likes. I prefer something harder than Ayumi Hamasaki.... E.g. I like Dir en Grey or Malice Mizer...
ps Wardruna, you can read the information about the origins of Japanese rock here: http://rockmusic.mu/japanese-rock-music.html you also can google it
And a few words about the Korean music... I actually don't know much about it, I heard only 3 bands, they are all pop-music. their names are Shinee (my favourite ^w^) DBSK and Gils' Generation.... they are pretty nice =)

RinaDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 00:09 | Message # 7
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Malice Mizer? I've listened to their “Seinaru koku eien no inori” (I hope I'm not mistaken and it isreally theirs), well, I don't know Japanese, so I have absolutely no idea what this song is about, but the music is AWESOME. What style is it, I wonder? Gothic rock or smth like this?

MadPandaDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 00:56 | Message # 8
Monitor
I suppose, it's JGoth

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 11:08 | Message # 9
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks, this is a perfect chance for me to get upgraded about modern oriental pop or rock music. I have a suggestion for MadPanda that will open up to us the intriguing oriental sounds. MadPanda, do you think it might be a good idea if you start your own blog on the point or make an audiopodcast with best song-samples of JGoth, for example, though strange it is why it has western connotation in it, and links to best resources online?

MadPandaDate: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 00:27 | Message # 10
Monitor
I'm glad to start my blog ^^ Can I leave the samples there or I should upload them somewhere else?

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 12:41 | Message # 11
Dean
For the time being, I think you can start with uploading the necessary audio files in your blog on inserting links to external files that can be downloaded individually. So, it means that your music podcast can be of two types, either a list of uploaded files (thorugh the file manager), or a list of links to such files in the Internet. When you start doing it, please make sure that each multimedia entry contains a brief description (annotation) of what it is about actually. It gains two ends: language and thought.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 24.10.2010, 17:15 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Come on, Mad Panda! Show everybody who's the JRock Monster here! Burn is on your side!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 14:45 | Message # 13
Monitor
Thanks a lot, Burn! flower

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 09:08 | Message # 14
Dean
Please, brief me on the point surprised Need more info about this music...

Suigintou_RozenDate: Friday, 09.09.2011, 12:23 | Message # 15
Course monitor
I really like eastern music,especially K-pop (an abbreviation of Korean pop),J-rock and J-pop.
Separately I like Kanon Wakeshima,who is a good Japanese singer and cellist and Akiko Shikata,who is a Japanese singer-songwriter and composer.They are known for writing music for games and anime.
I think that J-rockers are very nice. :з I like their shaggy hair and unusual clothing.
My favourit J-rock bands are :
An Cafe
the GazettE
Dir en grey
Gackt

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Modern eastern music! Who's with me?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024