• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Folk Music
Folk Music
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 20.09.2012, 14:03 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Yesterday I was at a concert of the Belorus Tzitovoch National Folk Choir. The concert was a great entertainment for me and my wife. We spent two hours enjoying excellent folk tunes and songs and didn't want to leave. The concert was a scheduled event out of several concerts on the International Festival of Professional Folk Choirs. Use the link to the YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da9E0CB0yMI. Hope you'll enjoy it, too.

AsyaDate: Friday, 21.09.2012, 09:40 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Thank you, Teacher, for sharing the web-link. I have enjoyed it, too happy
I do like folk music and folk dances. I think they reflect our national identity. And they are never violent or cruel. When listening to folk music I usually feel elevated and sort of patriotic biggrin
BTW, my favourite music band is singing folk rock. Though there are quite a few differences, it still represents our culture. (Just if you've got interested, follow this link.)

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 22.09.2012, 20:27 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Thanks, I've watched some pieces on the Youtube. Melnitsa is really a new sound. I guess I'd like to watch some more some time later. While I was watching and listening, I recalled some tunes of Jethro Tull. I know there is a huge gap betweeen them, but Jethro Tull flashed in my memory. Old guys but their works are wonderful folk-rock melodies. They are here on the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toHlMD50eYY. I think our topic will live on our site.

AsyaDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 21:55 | Message # 4
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Yeap, the gap is huge, haha. But I liked that. Though for me their music is more jazz than folk-rock. Or.. dunno... something funky... Like this))))) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rAzLKGrmA&feature=related

ValerkaDate: Friday, 20.12.2013, 14:57 | Message # 5
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
I adore folk music))) Of course, i know that the youth doesn't prefer listening to such a genre of music. tongue Many of them laugh at me) Bu it doesn't stop me. 
This musical genre is my life. I have been singing in Folk Choir for ten years. I took part in a musical competition))My dream was to become a famous singer like, for example,Pelagia)))

PashkaaDate: Sunday, 22.12.2013, 15:35 | Message # 6
Union organizer
When I was fourteen years old I took part in performances with folk music, because I could play the harmonica. Unfortunately, I don't prefer folk music, but I think it is a vety significant part of our culture. A lot of types of music can be replaced by other ones, but folk music will never change. That's a big advantage of this kind of music.

JaneDate: Monday, 23.12.2013, 12:14 | Message # 7
Monitor
I like to listen folk music. It brings to my life something new. Though lot's of people doesn't prefer listenening this music but I believe that this genre will continue to exist. There will always be people who love it. I can say that my favorite singer is Pelagea.

:)Date: Tuesday, 24.12.2013, 12:17 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Group: Users
I like folk music. This music is really perfect. In my opinion folk music and songs are very good for teenagrers, but they don't like them... There are a lot of wise words and a lot of sense in this songs...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Folk Music
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024