THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 18:43
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Faith Matters » Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving! (Our secret querries, hopes, beliief)
Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving!
TeacherDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 09:26 | Message # 16
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
MissJane, I think such questions as "Where God is?" come to our minds because of human being's inner desire to classify everything that they know. If there is smth. in the world around us, some thing or some phenomenon, one wants to know what it is, where it is, what its characteristic features are, etc.
But there is one more point.
Quote (Teacher)
I bet many of us have asked it many times, especially in times of trouble, fear, hopelessness,...
This addition in the first message of the topic hints on the second (or even the first) meaning of the question "Where God is?". In this case we get used to say and hear "Where are you, God?" And here we ask this question, because we really have problems as Teacher said and we need God, we're waiting for Him coming to help us. Speaking about this, we have in fact two different questions with only one meaning: 1) Where is God? 2) Why doesn't God help us?

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 12:50 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I do not think that the key words are God helps us. I suppose that believing in God we have faith that makes us stronger and helps us to overcome all difficulties that we usually face. And we regard it as God"s help. and yes, this IS what is called God"s help.

MissJaneDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 16:58 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Quote (Seagull)
If there is smth. in the world around us, some thing or some phenomenon, one wants to know what it is, where it is, what its characteristic features are, etc.

Have you ever tried to find out where your soul is? I mean to find the exact place? Do you think that some cells of a body build the soul? The same happens when people seek to spot the location of the divine power.
And as for the time when
Quote (Seagull)
we're waiting for Him coming to help us
(though I strongly doubt that there are times when He doesn't help us), we question the Heaven "Where are you, God?" only when we lose our hopes and feel miserable which is not approved of by God either.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 00:16 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Quote (MissJane)
(though I strongly doubt that there are times when He doesn't help us)

It depends on what can be called help and on particular situations.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 19:40 | Message # 20
Union organizer
Seagull, are you serious saying that there ARE times when God doesn't stretch a helping hand to His children? Are you sometimes guided only by your own will? I don't want to say that you are wrong; I'm simply interested in the ways people cope with problems, what they hope for, what they are afraid of when they are left alone face to face with the problem. I have always thought that people usually look upon the problem as a test given to them by life and they can fully rely on God who won't abandon them and be near to them just like when they were happy and blessed.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 02.08.2011, 16:48 | Message # 21
Dean
Group: Users
Agree with you. What can be more natural and expectable?? Still a lot of people manage to spoil this form of communication with God. How? Oh, it's easy. As soon as something goes wrong they hold up their hands to heaven and exclaim, "Why?? Don't I deserve better fate?? Life is so unfair!!" I guess it's familiar to all of us. The main thing is to realize as early as possible that God brings us to tests for some purpose, for the future. It's a law even if one doesn't want to accept it and keeps on cursing stars. Let's be honest and courageous (yes,we need strength of mind to do it!) till the end and commend ourselves to God. By the way, it's one of the best ways to get rid of anxiety.

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 16:27 | Message # 22
Union committee president
Group: Moders
God lives in the mind and soul of everyone who believes in him. Faith in God as well as faith in magic is based on the belief of a person in the reality of this phenomena. It's a self-persuasion. Or maybe an unexplored reality.

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 08:34 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Group: Users
In all religions there is an idea of God or of gods (except the Buddhism), as the living and personal beings separate by nature and concerning the person. Meeting in these general representations peculiar to all religions and making essential line of religion in general, private ideas of God or of gods in various religions are diversified, depending on a nationality and degree of a kulturnost of the people

FoxyTDate: Saturday, 02.03.2013, 22:25 | Message # 24
Quote (Nastay62rus)
In all religions there is an idea of God or of gods (except the Buddhism),

Which religion do you belong to? Do you believe in God of gods?

PerilovaDate: Monday, 04.03.2013, 12:32 | Message # 25
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Quote (FoxyT)
God lives in the mind and soul of everyone who believes in him. Faith in God as well as faith in magic is based on the belief of a person in the reality of this phenomena. It's a self-persuasion. Or maybe an unexplored reality.

I agree with you. Do you believe in God ? Do you think it is natural not to believe in God ? Is it necessary for any person to believe to somebody or something ?

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 19.03.2013, 22:25 | Message # 26
Quote (Perilova)
Do you believe in God ? Do you think it is natural not to believe in God ? Is it necessary for any person to believe to somebody or something ?

I believe in God. And I think that even a person who considers himself an atheist still believes in something or someone in his soul. This is necessary for a person to know that someone controls his life apart from him.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Faith Matters » Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving! (Our secret querries, hopes, beliief)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024