THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 23:42
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Faith Matters » Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving! (Our secret querries, hopes, beliief)
Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving!
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 12.11.2010, 10:16 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Hi, everyone! People, where is God?
This may seem a very strange and stupid question but I bet many of us have asked it many times, especially in times of trouble, fear, hopelessness,... Why does this point bother us so much? Why do we keep being Thomas the Unbelieving? Is it merely because we believe what we see, smell, hear and touch but not what we feel, hope for, imagine, dream of or think to exist?
If you ask your friends or relatives this question, what will you hear? I wonder if any of us ever asks this question when life is great, problemless, merry and successful, easy and pleasing...
Well, again, it's sort of churning in my mind - Where is God?

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 21:29 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Well, if we consider God as a part of our spiritual culture, there can't be a definite answer. It's Power. Where can it exist? Everywhere: in the sun, water, sky...in us after all! If we're sincere in our faith, He doesn't leave us alone.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 21.11.2010, 23:54 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Awards: 1
God is a super-wise, super-strong and super-kind creature who lives in a different dimension where we can get only after death. But He (or She) is there only physically. Mentally God can be everywhere in the Universe if He (or She) wants it.
A grain of great God's power lies in each soul, so we can say that a little part of God is inside us always.
I believe God loves all humans equally because all of us are God's sons and daughters. That's why if we open our souls to God, He (or She) will let us feel the divine grace. Our souls are great gifts and we must use them in a proper way.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 22.11.2010, 19:17 | Message # 4
Dean
Why do you say " he or she"? It sounds strange. You don't share the received opinion? Why do you have doubts?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 22.11.2010, 23:02 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, I don't support the common view on this problem. I think people can't say for sure if God is male or female. I've already written about it when speaking about the image of God. I have no doubt - I believe God is androgenous.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

AsyaDate: Friday, 26.11.2010, 06:00 | Message # 6
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I'm completely sure that our God is in our soul and our heart. God is the matter of faith. As long as you believe in Him, He's by your side, giving you a helpful hand. But when one doesn't believe in Him, there is no God (in its religious understanding) for him/her. So, God is a universal but, nevertheless, very individual phenomenon.

beymlina_juliaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 23:24 | Message # 7
Student
Awards: 0
If we assume that God is Happiness, it shouldn't strike us we don't look for it while in prosperity.

Is it possible to yearn for something we possess? Apparently not...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 02.12.2010, 09:19 | Message # 8
Dean
But faith is permanent, it isn't like a flash and it doesn't show itself from time to time. So, why should we "look for" God and faith? We should live with Him deep in our heart whether we are successful and prosperous or not. I know that sometimes it seems hardly possible to believe when things are all wrong but still we should try. Maybe, it's a sort of test for us.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 13.01.2011, 16:47 | Message # 9
Union committee president
Group: Moders
God is the main part of our faith. But only if you believe in God, He accompanies you everywhere, helps to act better in different complicated situations. We should just belive in Him and then He will surround us everytime.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 14.01.2011, 12:01 | Message # 10
Dean
Agree completely, the key-word here is "believe". We can reason about God and His place in our life but if we aren't sincere, all that is in vain. At the same time we don't have a right to find fault with others or even blame people for their attitude to religion because the question of faith is very delicate and what is more important, it's private.

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 00:30 | Message # 11
Head teacher
God is in our heart and in our mind. In the heart, because we need to believe in smth. or smd. In our mind, because we need to imagine this very smh. or smb. to make our belief easier and senseful.

Speaking about the gender of God, I should say, that it depends on a particular person with his/her vision of life and faith. As for me God is a man, because it's a stereotype. One more reason for this is that I'm interested in ancient mythology, and there we have gods and goddesses.

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 22:59 | Message # 12
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
God is inside us. If you have faith then you have God. I think that your faith is not measured by the ammount of your church-visits. You should just be kind, know what good is and what bad is. If you have at least a small feeling of love, then you do have God inside you.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 00:17 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Luck, you're talking about love. But what about compassion? Don't you have God inside you if you have compassion? Or can we say that love and compassion are closely connected?

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 00:29 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Awards: 5
well yes, I suppose your last point is correct because love does not exist without compassion, devotion and trust. And God is only with those people who know at least a bit what these feelings mean.

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 22:43 | Message # 15
Union organizer
The Bible says that God created us after the image and likeness of Himself but it is not a direct link to saying that God is a person - a male or a female. We believe that He exists (I use He just to follow the tradition, it doesn't indicate the gender in this case). We believe that He is great. We believe that He never abandons us. But there's no reason to believe in the place where He resides. What can this sort of belief give us? Can it make us all devotees?
Where is He? If you happened to learn it, would your faith be everburning? Would it change something in your life? I guess no.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Faith Matters » Where is God? Thomas the Unbelieving! (Our secret querries, hopes, beliief)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024