• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Economy » Land of the Giants
Land of the Giants
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 28.03.2011, 15:00 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
The discussion in this forum is based on the essay 'Land of the Giants' posted in the 'Persuasive Essays'
So, before you join the discussion, read the essay by clicking on the Persuasive Essays above.
One comment has been given by our user dmkalmikov

NadyaDate: Sunday, 03.04.2011, 15:53 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Big business has a big influence on life in the morden world. More and more companies are opening and spreading in different countries; more and more highly qualified people are working in such companies. They concentrate a big power in their hands. I suppose all these powerful companies are a large net that has absorbed the world's economy in utself. It lives in its own world and it grows in popularity. It has already worked up a market, one more step and it will work up the world. This net has become a business "empire". I think it's possible that this "empire" will totally force out political systems in 70-80 years. So, we will see.

TeacherDate: Friday, 08.04.2011, 16:53 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
I comletely agree with the article. The fact is that everythig is being bought and sold. Government is a breeding-ground of corruption. Money rules everything. And where can we get money from? Business. Business makes money. Money governs the world.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Monday, 18.04.2011, 17:41 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
I wouldn't put the things on such a scale. It sounds a bit exaggerated to say that in a few decades large corporations will replace governments. The national component will always be preseved (though the tendency of globalization is speeding up) because it is in people's nature to have some distinctive features. The idea of several global enterprises seems unreal in the following sense. There are 193 independent countries on Earth and every one of them has its own budget and economic system. And it's evident not all of them cope with the problem of successfull economic development. A larger unit can't remain stable for a long time. So the multinationals will work on the current level just by the fact of their size.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Economy » Land of the Giants
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024