THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Wednesday, 01.05.2024, 21:25
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » Life in the UK » Life in the UK (How they live)
Life in the UK
AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 22.05.2011, 15:56 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Quote (Nikky)
Do you think such a tradition will be good for our families?

In many European families such a tradition exists overall. I think that the value of the family for them is higher, because they build it later, that’s why it is a conscious decision. So they try to maintain it by family deals. When I lived with my parents we also had meal together, so it depends more upon family rules.

LuckDate: Thursday, 02.06.2011, 22:57 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
yes, unfortunately we are losing our family traditions: family dinners occur rarer, many children do not respect their parents. It does not concern every family, of course. And I am sure european families have problems of this kind as well. But it is such a pity that we do not want to keep things and traditions that are so great.

NikkyDate: Friday, 09.09.2011, 14:54 | Message # 18
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote (Ayayulia)
I think that the value of the family for them is higher, because they build it later, that’s why it is a conscious decision.

I don't think so. Making a family is mostly a conscious decision. And the young usually think a lot before making a decision.
Quote (Luck)
But it is such a pity that we do not want to keep things and traditions that are so great.

Yes. But i think it's because of time. Not all of the parent have an opportunity to spend a lot of time with their children. And children sometimes have a lot of homework and courses.

mrsbukaleDate: Tuesday, 27.03.2012, 17:24 | Message # 19
Monitor
I have been to London two times and I had an experience of studying there. I really like it very much. The only sad thing is that it`s cold there even in summer. In the first part of the day it can be sunny and then suddenly it starts to rain and, of course, if you don`t want to get wet, you should always have an umbrella. When you come there, you find yourself in a fairy tale. You go along the streets, watching everything around. If you want to see London, don`t take a taxi or a bus - just walk. The center of London is the most attractive. Trafalgar Square is a public place and a great tourist attraction in central London. Big Ben is the most unpredictable place to visit, especially at night - when you walk near it you can`t close your eyes because you are fascinated by its beauty. When you are near Big Ben, you feel powerful energy and realize the history of centuries. Stonehenge is something unspeakable, you must see it yourselves. I can`t describe everything here, I believe that everyone should once go there. Well, life there is something inconceivable and everyday is like a movie shot.
Attachments: 7164099.jpg (26.4 Kb) · 4376860.jpg (179.3 Kb)

Message edited by mrsbukale - Tuesday, 27.03.2012, 17:26

ekanika1453Date: Friday, 30.03.2012, 14:03 | Message # 20
Student
Every nation and every country has its own customs and traditions. In Britain traditions play a more important role in the life of the people than in some other countries. Englishmen are proud of their traditions and carefully keep them up. It has been the law for about three hundred years that all the theatres are closed on Sundays no letters are delivered only a few Sunday papers are published. To this day English families prefer cottage houses with gardens to flats in a modern house with central heating. English people like gardens.

Added (30.03.2012, 14:03)
---------------------------------------------
Four times a year the offices and banks in Britain are closed on Monday. These public holidays are known as Bank Holidays. The British like to spend holidays out of the town in the open air. They go to the sea-side or to amusements parks. Londoners often visit the Zoo, outside London they take their families to Hamsted Heath a large natural park too. There is usually a big fair with many different amusements for children merry-go-round, swings puppet shows, bright balloons.

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 10:48 | Message # 21
Monitor
The UK is bursting with energy and has a fascinating heritage ready to explore. As an international student you’ll fit straight into the UK’s multicultural society, ready to enjoy a student life full of excitement, fun and creativity.

ZensaDate: Thursday, 30.08.2012, 12:11 | Message # 22
Monitor
When I first arrived to the uk, even I went down from the airplain I found myself breathing fresh air. The air which you probably can't find in Moscow even in the countryside! When I was walking along the streets I fount a lot of MiniCooper ( my favorite car), red phone booths and also people who jogging , cycling or just walking. Looking at them, you subconsciously want to take up sport. Huge beautiful parks attract you more and more , it seems like they ask  you: "Why? Why are you still awake in the morning ? Come on! Change your lifestyle, it's time take your ass from the sofa and begin living healthier!" Besides, who knows whom you can meet today in the park?;)

Message edited by Zensa - Thursday, 30.08.2012, 12:13

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 15:33 | Message # 23
Monitor
Traditions can't be changed just because they appeared a long time ago and they will be common forever. And as far as the life in England is concerned, I lived in London for two times but I can't say that this life is suitable for me. But the thing that I loved in London, people sit on the grass in different places and they don't feel shy. It's like a tradition to them to sit in parks or even in the center of the city, after university or after school. They drink coffee, do their homeworks, play different games. Especially in Hyde Park, we can see families(mothers, fathers, children, grandparents) who have picnics on the blanket. It looks so wonderful but unfortunately if we sit in our county on the grass, others will think that we are crazy.

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 11:12 | Message # 24
Monitor
Unfortunately, I haven't been to Great Britain and I've firstly learned that english people have the tradition to drink tea at 5 o'clock! It is smth new for me v I know that english tea is tea with milk, is't it? To my mind, it's unusual taste)) To be in England is to live by their lives, traditions, speak only their language and even dream like the english!

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 22:41 | Message # 25
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Well, actually the UK town I'm staying in doesn't have such a tradition. I mean, they don't have 5 o'clocks and they do not drink tea with milk here.

Strawberry1992Date: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 00:54 | Message # 26
Monitor
Study in the UK and you’ll find an array of exciting experiences to discover - music, celebrations, accents, people to meet, places to visit – the list is endless. As the UK is such a cosmopolitan society you’ll find that many UK customs are already familiar to you – so you’ll settle in faster than you think.The UK has great transport links from big cities to the countryside.

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 06:21 | Message # 27
Union organizer
For many young people, life is harder now, jobs are difficult to find. Things are more expensive, and it's hard to find a place to live. Teachers say that students work harder than they used to. They are less interested in politics, and more interested in passing exams. They know that good exam results may get them better jobs.

PerilovaDate: Thursday, 07.02.2013, 22:23 | Message # 28
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
I have never been to Great Britain, but i believe i will visit this country. It is one of my dreams and a good way to improve skills of language.
Of course, this country is known of its traditions.The British traditions are very interesting and exciting. It is important for the British to equip their house and garden.
The British love animals. Every person has a pet. Also every Briton has a hobby. For example, it is a golf or tennis. Moreover, education of children is the important thing for every British family.
The main holiday of the British is Christmas. They like to congratulate and give gifts to each other.

ValerkaDate: Sunday, 17.02.2013, 15:44 | Message # 29
Union committee president
Group: Reliable
Quote (Rosebud)
I've firstly learned that english people have the tradition to drink tea at 5 o'clock! It is smth new for me

I never heard about it too. It is really unsual!!All people live in different counties. And they, of course, have their tradition.I am interested in intradition's different counties. It is very interesting theme!! Great Britain is an unsual county!!!If i have an ability, i will visit this wonderful place smile

:)Date: Monday, 18.02.2013, 21:17 | Message # 30
Union organizer
I'never been in Great Britain.My dream is to visit this country!I thing that it is a wounderful city.I know that people in this city have many different and interesting traditions.They like to celebrait New Year.I like to see how they do it on TV...

Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » Life in the UK » Life in the UK (How they live)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024