THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 23.04.2024, 20:59
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » A word a Day » The less Routine the More Life! (Sharing ideas how routine affects you learning English)
The less Routine the More Life!
enigmaDate: Tuesday, 25.05.2010, 10:26 | Message # 1
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
When I first heard Amos Bronson Alcott's motivational quote, "The less Routine the More Life"
...it made me stop and think. What was Amos trying to say? What did he want to accomplish by saying those 6 words? What does it mean for me? for you?
The less we become “slaves” to our jobs and “obligations” the more we can live and allow opportunities into our lives. It is frustrating when we know what we want to accomplish but we don't know how to make our goals happen but we should never give up on our dreams.
I believe that we sometimes become too comfortable with our routines and the fear of change or the unknown stops us from trying new things or welcoming new opportunities in our lives.
This happens frequently with jobs - people don't take risks because they fear being unemployed and unable to pay the bills - and also in relationships. (What else do you become too comfortable with?)
What I am most interested in is how this idea can influence your English.
How does routine affect you learning English?
Share your interpretations of Amos Bronson Alcott's Quote Below!
Now that you have heard my interpretation of the quote and what it means...I am curious to know what you think.
Do you agree with my interpretation or do you see it as saying something totally different?
Express and share your thoughts and see what other visitors like you have said.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 09.10.2010, 11:57 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I think this is an interesting quote and really reflects some of our habits and routines. Routine helps inlearning a language. It means that you can use the same methods and strategies of learning grammar or vocabulary abd be completely satisfied with it. But I often change my patterns and undertake new ways and strategies of learning the language and improving the level. That's why I have initiated the website we all work on.

AmarantaDate: Sunday, 09.09.2012, 20:58 | Message # 3
Monitor
As for me, routine is boring but necessary things. It`s such inevitable things such as going to university, doing home tasks, spending a lot of time in traffic jams. But I`m sure we can make our routine more vivid and living. I can enjoy my lessons at University, do home tasks with interest and read a thrilling book in a traffic jam biggrin

GoldilocksDate: Monday, 10.09.2012, 10:21 | Message # 4
Monitor
Life gives us many chances but it doesn't mean that sitting in the classroom and listening to the teacher we miss something. We can't take everything from this life. So it's better to concenrate on one big chance of becoming a professional english teacher.

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 10:59 | Message # 5
Monitor
We cannot manage without routine life indeed. We are used to going to University every day, doing the home tasks, cooking and so on though we don't want to do it. I think we shouldn't worry about it. Let's do it with good mood.! In any case, there are days which bring us smth unreal, new, so evereday we can feel new emotions and feelings making our routine days unlike!

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 16:55 | Message # 6
Monitor
I believe that life doesn't exist without work. We are born to support the motor of the world. We must think about our future and the future of other generations.

Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » A word a Day » The less Routine the More Life! (Sharing ideas how routine affects you learning English)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024