THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 26.04.2024, 20:22
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » "Say something positive!" (your first reaction)
"Say something positive!"
AsyaDate: Tuesday, 11.10.2011, 23:06 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Sometimes some people come to us with a strange request, 'Say something positive'. It's really important for them to get a little bit elevated. But such requests usually provoke an opposite reaction, "What? Something positive? Hm... I don't know..." as if there were nothing positive in this life.
So, have you ever been in such a situation? If yes (very probable, to my mind), how did you react? If no, how would you react?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 12.10.2011, 21:03 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, upon my word this phrase should necessarily be banned!!! I can't agree with you as far as the intention is concerned. I bet the whole situation has nothing to do with good mood, encouragement or attempts to improve one's state. Actually the word that crosses my mind is boredom. 'Say something positive' means 'I've nothing to say but we've seen each other by chance today, that's why we're supposed to have a talk. It's all the same to me what exactly you're going to tell me, whether it's something about Judgement Day or the dress you bought yesterday'. Yoy see?))) For me it's most natural to whistle off as soon as possible and of course under some glib pretence))))

MissJaneDate: Monday, 31.10.2011, 19:01 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I wouldn't be so straightforward and explain the phrase as a mere pause-filler. Sometimes I myself come up to my friends and ask them the same question. I expect them to say something that will make me feel happy for my friends. But indeed, I seldom hear them saying really very positive things. Once I was even shocked to hear: "Are you joking? What positive could have happened in my life?! Look how I'm suffering from the hardships at work, I'm going all to pieces! And you ask me to tell you something positive? Very nice of you!" So I had to take up the role of a personal psychiatrist and try to sort of calm down this volcano of resentment and dissatisfaction...

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 31.10.2011, 20:47 | Message # 4
Dean
Wow, it was obvious an inopportune moment))))Well, as for the reaction...I do agree that sometimes you just need to curse stars because you feel that things are all wrong, there's utter misunderstanding everywhere and only total darkness is in store for you) I'm serious, such a state is normal provided that it's very very very very RARE!!!! I'm not disposed to put anyone to shame, the point is that it's simply better not to give off negative signals to the Universe.

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 09.12.2011, 00:04 | Message # 5
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks! Life is really great and adore every second of wherever I am, whatever I do, whoever I see, however I feel or whenever I work or rest biggrin Every day I get up and think that the new day is just another chance to make other people happier or relieved!

LeoDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 09:26 | Message # 6
Monitor
Awards: 0
Those who have tried to improve their lives, know very well how much easier life becomes, if you can think positively. This is a significant element of your success. I would never been in such a situation, that is why its difficult to say what I would do….It seems to me that I would try to say something amusing and cunning. I hope I’ d manage to this..)))).

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 13:01 | Message # 7
Monitor
Once I read a perfect thing "NEVER GIVE UP ON A DREAM JUST BECAUSE OF THE TIME IT CAN TAKE TO ACCOMPLISH IT THE TIME WILL PASS ANYWAY"
Now it`s like a credo for me. If you have an aim, achieve it anyway even if it seems inaccessible. Everything we really want comes true!

Message edited by mrsbukale - Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:41

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 00:09 | Message # 8
Monitor
Ohh, I can't understand people, who have nothing positive in their life. Actually, we know that lots of ordinary problems surround us. But we shouldn't concentrate attention on them. People should find something pleasant to balance their mood and life on the whole.

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 02:55 | Message # 9
Monitor
Be yourself and you will do everything! smile

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:14 | Message # 10
Monitor
Awards: 1
I think that people always should be positive and very kind to other people, if you are sad people that surround you are also sad, so if you want life give you smiles-give her your smiles and good mood too!

LeoDate: Monday, 24.09.2012, 01:42 | Message # 11
Monitor
To my mind, nowadays, you should follow only one rule - behave as you want, because other people do not about you. Everybody wants to teach others. Firstly, look at yourself.

Johnny_BravoDate: Saturday, 05.01.2013, 16:00 | Message # 12
Union organizer
Don't be lazy, work hard biggrin

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 17:13 | Message # 13
Union committee president
Group: Moders
(Johnny_Bravo)
Don't be lazy, work hard

It's so positive))) You're super, Johnny) biggrin
Don't worry, be happy! hands laugh happy That's the theme)

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 09:12 | Message # 14
Union organizer
if it in my forces that I surely make that he asks for the person

PashkaaDate: Wednesday, 06.02.2013, 20:38 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Find your soulmate, make a lot of children and be happy!!! Life is wonderful! smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » "Say something positive!" (your first reaction)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024