THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 23:35
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » Do real gentlemen exist nowadays?
Do real gentlemen exist nowadays?
lovelyflowerDate: Friday, 18.11.2011, 23:38 | Message # 1
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I often see the situations when a boy or a man doesn't give up his seat for females or doesn't open the door before the latter. Men's concern for women is so rare nowadays that one feels uneasy about it and wants to thank men constantly. Can it be explained by the genius of our time as everyone fights for oneself and doesn't think about other people? Should we accept it as a matter of fact and forget about noble knights?

TeacherDate: Saturday, 19.11.2011, 02:05 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Admins
lovelyflower, the reason for such men's behaviour is your (women's) desire to be emancipated and be equal to men. smile You have wanted it for ages, so get it and enjoy yourselves)))

In Vino Veritas...

lovelyflowerDate: Monday, 21.11.2011, 12:10 | Message # 3
Student
I estimated your joke and found another proof of real gentlemen's extinction...Until men think so, they can't understand women.

ZuzuDate: Monday, 21.11.2011, 14:14 | Message # 4
Monitor
Group: Moders
Gentlemen. Of course, they exist. But everything depends on girls. Nowadays girls’ behavior leaves much to be desired. They smoke like a chimney, get drunk worse than boys, and lead a bad style of life. And after all these things they still wait for gentlemen. But the attitude of the latter has changed extremely. It isn’t necessary now for a boy to win a girl’s hand, to court her, because she will throw her arms around his neck first. It isn’t necessary for him to be tender and delicate with her, because she is rude herself and can turn the air blue. Decent boys come across such kinds of girls, so they behave accordingly. But there are decent girls as well as gentlemen, moreover there are lots of them. Certainly before condemning boys we should begin with ourselves, girls. If we want gentlemen to exist, we should be ladies. smile

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 21.11.2011, 21:02 | Message # 5
Dean
Awards: 3
A wonderful remark! (I mean the last one)) We should take a sober view of things: we live in a world where almost all possible borders seems to be disappearing. It's not a point of further discussion any longer, it's just a bare fact. At the same time not everyone goes into raptures because of this, actually it's always rather difficult for me to keep the mouth shut when some girl starts talking about the total equality between men ans women, but still I have to for my opinion is only subjunctive) Now, my views concerning this issue are more or less formed and as I can judge by my father (whose behaviour I consider exemplary) and one young man, I can say for sure that this very care under discussion is in simple things...But again it's only my perception.

strawberryDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 11:19 | Message # 6
Monitor
curtainly there are gentlemen in our time. But we estimate the word gentlemen like a joke. Why? Because the Knight`s time ended long ago and now we talk about sexual equality .Earlier men hold higher rank than women. men do more difficult job, but nowadays are many more women who is a driver or a boss of a great corporation. we are more enduring by nature. men have a great force, but they forget how to use it in a right way. That`s why just a few of them open the door before or give up a seat. It became rarity and makes women to say thanks.

JennyDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 11:19 | Message # 7
Student
I believe they exist. But i agree with the previous post by Zuzu. Girls used to asking themselves "Where are the real men? Do they exist?", but still do they correspond to the description of a "real woman"? I bet smoking and drinking much alcohol aren't that qualities a woman must have. What are such women waiting for, i wonder? I suppose a gentleman won't even look at them. Want to find a gentleman - Then behave appropriately.

VasilisaDate: Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 03:22 | Message # 8
Monitor
Do you think gentlemen really exist? in our country? ha! Show me though one. Of course, women are the main reason of degradation. Do you really think they shoud be always weak and tender? Especially when they have three different jobs, two children (if they are lucky) whom they should feed, provide clothes and bring up. Of course, women leave their husbands with children. Poor men! How many awful things they have to bear!
And now i want to tell about it seriously: Russian girls have always been strong and i hope, they always will be strong. But unfortunatly, women always want men's love. And if modern women smoke, drink, use bad language and so on, it's men's guilt. They have made women be so rude and provocative. If men want to have near them tender, understanding, clever and modest girls, they should change themselves. Otherwise all nice girls can't survive.

Message edited by Vasilisa - Tuesday, 10.04.2012, 03:24

LeoDate: Wednesday, 11.04.2012, 01:25 | Message # 9
Monitor
I want to notice one interesting thing that girls agree with the fact that real gentlemen exist but it's just their fault that they are not "real". And now ... please....look at YOUR boyfriends and say, just answer your question. (Is your boyfriend a gentleman?) Watch old films to be sure that they are not. WE so often try to justify our close people that we do not notice that everything is too falsely to say that it's OUR fault. In any case it depends on a person. Or our men become so weak that they are trying to blame us that they are too rude, too careless.?????......Men....you want too much.....but give little.......so.....girls...first of all love yourselves and then defend your "gentlemen"!!

Nikky0638Date: Thursday, 12.04.2012, 21:35 | Message # 10
Monitor
There are lot of women, who are interested in this question))) I think that we can find a lot of reasons which led to a radical change in our lifestyle. It means that kind of men who had a success with women many years ago are different from the type that are popular today. There is no doubt that there are real gentelmen nowadays, but may be their number has declined significantly.From year to year there are new features in the image of a real man. I can do conclusions that nowadays we can find a small number of such men, therefore you should be true woman to have a chance to meet and hold him near to you... biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 19.04.2012, 19:40 | Message # 11
Dean
Awards: 3
Well, "a real man"...Let's hammer out the facts. Actually, the associations this notion evokes are NUMEROUS! I know girls who are even irritated when some young man, as they put it, "restrict their freedom, make them feel obliged and on the whole behave as if these girls were crippled")))) At the same time I myself cinsider such manners as most normal and even necessary) What does that mean? Let all possible types of men and women find a perfect match for themselves no matter whether somebody considers them strange or cracky)

NadyaDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 12:52 | Message # 12
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Well, quite a number of things have been said about this matter. Yep, the times of magic, courageous and noble knights fighting for a beautiful lady in a great kingdom passed. But even though some women have succeeded in their life (in business or wherever) that does not make them men! From the very beginning the nature created a man to protect women and to care about them. Only men who cannot achieve such success and prosperity in their life as many women can are only justifing themselves by talking about women's independence. So, what I'm trying to say is economic conditions musn't be related to the inner world of people, their manners. As for me, I believe that everything goes from the family. If a little boy is told that it's a must to treat all people with care and concern for their welfare, he willl be a real gentelman. If he's not, the grievous results can be seen on the streets.

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » Do real gentlemen exist nowadays?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024