THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 27.04.2024, 02:04
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » New Means of Communication (Can they really change us?)
New Means of Communication
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 00:07 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
When we communicate, we do not only transmit meaning. We also transmit emotions and attitudes, reactions and propositions. The way we communicate changes. We change as well. Are we really different from people a hundred years ago?

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 00:22 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
biggrin This IS a strange question:D well..I suppose we ARE different from them, even taking into account that fact that now we can use the Net or mobile phones or some other things to communicate:)

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 00:24 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Luck, I suppose, the question is about the changings in our mind. Every new step of progress influences people's mentality.

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 11:23 | Message # 4
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
biggrin biggrin biggrin You've already answered your question yourself!!!
But if you're interested in my opinion... tongue Of course, we are different!!!!! You see, now the way we think differs from the one a hundred years ago. Our minds have so-to-say acquired a different structure. Haven't you ever reacted (in your mind) in smileys? Or don't you sometimes use computer slang in your speech? You do! That means something in your mind has been changed. Moreover, we definitely have a broader outlook on life. And we develop cross-cultural competence...

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 11:23 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Yes, we've changed a lot. For example mobile phones made us more available for others. That means that people born in the world of advanced communication technologies apprehend each other differently. These are new people with new mentality.

MissJaneDate: Wednesday, 22.09.2010, 10:21 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
When speaking about the influence of modern technologies on us, we'd better specify the question a little bit. Changes that we undergo can be of many kinds. As you've already said, the Internet and other modern means of communication have changed our mentality, our attitude to time and space, our behaviour, our favourite pastime. But what about moral values they brought to us? In fact, I have a little preconception concerning this point. (You are free to talk me round smile ) To my mind, people change very slightly (if they ever change at all) in terms of their morality. We still have no culture of dispute (on-line chats are a vivid example). Our cell phones and the Internet haven't made us more tolerant, or kinder, or more respectful towards each other. So I think this sphere of our life remains untouched by the technological progress.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 23.09.2010, 09:45 | Message # 7
Dean
Group: Users
Agree,and I think our secret motives haven't changed much.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 23.09.2010, 12:32 | Message # 8
Dean
A lot of changes have occurred. I would like you to think about yourselves. Travel back in time when you were 10 or 15 or 18. Ask your parents or elder relatives to do the same. Try to focus on what has changed and fix down these ideas. I also think that our value systems have changed, shifted, and absorbed new ones.

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 06.10.2010, 09:25 | Message # 9
Dean
In our Online Church forum we actually have touched upon the question of using a new form for our conventional needs... Or can we say that our needs really change and develop with the development of technologies?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 06.10.2010, 20:48 | Message # 10
Dean
Maybe, everything is very much the other way? I mean the reason for the development of technologies was our needs.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.10.2010, 09:56 | Message # 11
Dean
I think technologies really change our needs. This is a two-way process. Who said we needed RPG online but they appeared and influence our entertainment needs. Who said we needed an electonic rain-detector fitted into our cars. But they appeared and influence our needs.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 07.10.2010, 19:18 | Message # 12
Dean
So, the more we get the more we want? Technologies will always be in progress?

TeacherDate: Friday, 08.10.2010, 02:21 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Quote (lovefootball))
So, the more we get the more we want?

That's right. It's an inborn instinct of every human being to get more than he/she has now. Many of us can control it, but there are people who are very greedy.

Quote (lovefootball))
Technologies will always be in progress?

Yes, you're right. And the more so-to-say digital our society is, the more difficult for us to live without technologies.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 08.10.2010, 08:27 | Message # 14
Dean
Do you think the time when we become absolutely helpless will come soon?

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 08.10.2010, 09:27 | Message # 15
Dean
We will never become helpless. Man will continue creating all kinds of technologies, widgets, gadgets, devices.... Just because our needs change and capacities grow at enormous speed. This is such a crazy technology-wise civilization! Hope we are alone in the Universe biggrin biggrin biggrin

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » New Means of Communication (Can they really change us?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024