THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 00:18
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » The Variety of Means of Communication (What do you prefer?)
The Variety of Means of Communication
What means of communication do you prefer?
1. Cell phones (calls, SMS, MMS) [ 4 ] [57.14%]
2. ICQ [ 2 ] [28.57%]
3. E-Mail [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. Social networks [ 1 ] [14.29%]
5. Scrolling chats [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. Forums [ 0 ] [0.00%]
7. Other means (write about them) [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 7
AsyaDate: Friday, 22.10.2010, 07:40 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (MissJane)
that simply means people are drunk and get naked in reality, they use foul words in reality.

I also stick to this viewpoint. And I think the problem is that people who are against SN for the reason for its immorality are not ready to admit that sometimes we know not so much about the people who surround us. And it may be not so pleasant to understand that the people you know have 'concealed" the truth form you.
Another problem is WHY people upload such photos. If they do it, they simply like those pictures. Drunk? cool! Naked? Even cooler!!! Vkontakte is a good web-site, but such moral values (if there are any) are the problem that should be solved somehow.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 16:50 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I use different means of communication. First of all, I prefer mobile phones. I can send many SMS messages to my friends and other people. If I want to get some information or to ask something right now, I just call someone.
I also use ICQ. It's cheaper than mobile phones. There I can discuss different things, events, tell some interesting stories. But sometimes misunderstanding happens there.
I can talk to people with the help of Skype as well. There I communicate with people and see the face of the interlocuter.
When I use VKontakte, I can add some music or videos on my friends' pages and comment on their photos.
I use all these means of communication because there are so many things to discuss.

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 09:50 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Quote (Nadya)
I use all these means of communication because there are so many things to discuss.

You're absolutely right, Nadya, 'cause the more various our means of communication are, the faster and firmer our contacts with people. Just imagine that your Internet connection ended off, and you desperately need to find some information. The way out is so simple - use your cell phone as a modem; or open your ICQ client on the cell phone and ask somebody to find that necessary information; or simply call somebody who lives quite near to you and ask this person to help you (or send him/her an SMS). The modern system of all-encompassing means of communication allows us to stay in touch no matter what happens to us (or to those convenient means we usually prefer to use). Isn't it happiness? biggrin

AyayuliaDate: Tuesday, 23.11.2010, 11:30 | Message # 19
Union organizer
Awards: 2
In spite of all this, new means of communications developed, in some situations real communication is preferable. People don’t like to give secret information with the help of the mobile phone, or send secrets reports via e-mail. Summit talks aren’t held with the Skype.

MissJaneDate: Monday, 06.12.2010, 10:38 | Message # 20
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Ayayulia, I guess this is all about ethics of communication. And you are right, some things can't be actually done with the help of e-mails or ICQ as it is an established tradition to carry them out in reality. However, some people don't think about politeness or norms of decency using these new means of communication. To my mind, if a guy declares his "eternal love" to a girl via the ICQ, that's just horrible. Mad, in fact.

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 18:33 | Message # 21
Union organizer
Awards: 2
New means of communication have a great advantage for young parents. Young mothers in our country have to stay in maternity hospital for at leat 5 days. And now a mother can take a photo and send it to her husband and her family with the help of MMS. It is so nice! In my family we sent such photos from one to another, discussed whose ears-eyes-nose he/she had!

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 10:45 | Message # 22
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Af for me, I like to communicate with people using The Internet, for example in Vkontakte.ru. It's interesting and it is not boring at all because when you write friends you can see their pictures simultaneously and besides it's possible to correspond not only with one person but several . I like mobile phones in some extent as I can hear voices of my close people and feel that they are somewhere near even if they are very far from me. BUT! Most of all I prefer to communicate with people seeing their faces, gestures, mood and so on. No one phone or social network cannot substitute for real communication.

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » The Variety of Means of Communication (What do you prefer?)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024