THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 20:21
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » The Variety of Means of Communication (What do you prefer?)
The Variety of Means of Communication
What means of communication do you prefer?
1. Cell phones (calls, SMS, MMS) [ 4 ] [57.14%]
2. ICQ [ 2 ] [28.57%]
3. E-Mail [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. Social networks [ 1 ] [14.29%]
5. Scrolling chats [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. Forums [ 0 ] [0.00%]
7. Other means (write about them) [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 7
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 00:21 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Well, we are in a so to say Digital Society nowadays. Every day we use different means of communication. What is better for you? Explain, why?

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 01:09 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I prefer ICQ- it's quite fast, and by the way you can communicate with lots of people at one and the same time. I also send many sms-messages and call people when I need it. I don't like other means of communication as I think they require too much time, and actually are not so convenient.

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 01:14 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Luck, as far as I understand, you use all these means of communication only for bussines, and what about just free chatting with friends?

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 11:25 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I prefer mobile phones because at least it imitates face-to-face communication and it's also a very fast to solve many problems just sitting on the sofa.

AyayuliaDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 17:32 | Message # 5
Union organizer
I prefer cell phones, it is small, useful, convenient. But it is expensive to communicate with people who are far away from you, and you can not see you interlocutor. So in this case I use Skype.

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 21.09.2010, 22:45 | Message # 6
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (8davids8)
I prefer mobile phones because at least it imitates face-to-face communication

That's the reason why I've voted for mobile phones. I can at least hear one's reaction immediately when calling him)) Moreover, it's easier to find someone just calling him (or sending sms). But, of course, I find all the other means of communication useful and convenient, too. biggrin

RinaDate: Thursday, 14.10.2010, 22:19 | Message # 7
Awards: 4
I seems that only I prefer Social Networks... Well, yes, when I have to find a person quickly, I use my cell-phone, when I want to chat with a friend of mine and I expect our communication to be quite long, I use ICQ. But I usually do the following: open my Vkontakte page and find the “news section”. So, I always know what has happened to my friends (Oh, he's posted some new photos! Wow, according to her status, she's going to get married!). More than that it's the way a great deal of my friends prefer to communicate. So, I choose SN)))

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 15.10.2010, 09:24 | Message # 8
Dean
I seem to be so advanced but my busy lifestyle really drives me away from many advantages that I can have if I have a page on Vkontakte.ru Or is it a mere stereotype? Rina, what are my first steps to start using it?

RinaDate: Friday, 15.10.2010, 11:11 | Message # 9
Well, first you have to register there and then create your own page. It's a little bit time-consuming, to be honest. Actually, I'm not sure whether I'd like to spend my time on creating it if I hadn't done it years ago... by the way, now I spend not more than just 10 minutes a day to look through the news. It's indispensable when you've got no other way to maintain relations with your old friends, as it is in my case. But a great deal of people are against any kind of SN and they are somehow right – you become so dependent on them (SN) sometimes. By the way, everybody chooses the way that suits him most)))

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 17.10.2010, 23:56 | Message # 10
Union organizer
As for the SN. I think that they ruin the notion of morality. We forget what is immoral, indecent or vulgar. Sometimes users show such photos that you don’t know what to think about them. Do you think it will be useful to create a camera that can immediate add photos to your list in “Vkontakte”, for example?)))

CherryDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 08:38 | Message # 11
Monitor
Group: Users
I prefer cell phones, because you can hear the voice of your interlocutor. this fact is important for me, it seems that he/she is near you. in addition it is very fast

TeacherDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 10:54 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Ayayulia, any kind of communication may be vulgar, indicent and immoral. The only thing is in your attitude to such things.

In Vino Veritas...

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 11:27 | Message # 13
Dean
Quote (Ayayulia)
As for the SN. I think that they ruin the notion of morality. We forget what is immoral, indecent or vulgar. Sometimes users show such photos that you don’t know what to think about them. Do you think it will be useful to create a camera that can immediate add photos to your list in “Vkontakte”, for example?)))

This is not the problem with SN. Unfortunately, this is harsh reality that is reflected in the Cyberspace. A Virtual SN is a replica of a Reallife SN which we are all part of.

MissJaneDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 13:59 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Quote (Teacher)
This is not the problem with SN.

I'm right of the same mind. For instance, those pictures some people upload to vkontakte.com are just a mere reflection of those things which happen to them in reality. People drunk? or naked? or they use obsene language on the "wall"? that simply means people are drunk and get naked in reality, they use foul words in reality.

As for the pole, I didn't choose any kind of communication suggested. I can't say that I stick to any one of them in particular. Well, in general, about 90% of my everyday communication is face-to-face interaction. I can't say I use cell phones, or SN, or e-mails more frequently than live communication.

RinaDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 21:37 | Message # 15
Quote (Ayayulia)
As for the SN. I think that they ruin the notion of morality. We forget what is immoral, indecent or vulgar. Sometimes users show such photos that you don’t know what to think about them.

Completely agree with Teacher and MissJane. SN are just means f communication and how to use this means.. well, everything depends on a person. If a person has no moral values, nothing will change him. And if one is sensible enough, this stuff won't influence his way of thinking.
But here another important question can be raised. It's well-known that a great deal of people in Vkontakte download the photos where they are drunk, naked, performing some antisocial activity and so on. And a lot of these photos can be seen by any member of this Internet community. But there are children who also can see these photos! If so-called “adult sites” can be locked, what to do with Vkontakte where the same video can be watched by anybody? This is the question.

Forum » FORUM-PROJECTS » New Means of Communication Change us All » The Variety of Means of Communication (What do you prefer?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024