THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 22:13
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet's lifestyles (Talking about how pets live with people)
Pet's lifestyles
lovefootball)Date: Friday, 26.11.2010, 10:57 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Perfect and sly revenge)

Suigintou_RozenDate: Sunday, 27.03.2011, 17:08 | Message # 17
Course monitor
Awards: 0
I think it is stupid to take such care of pets.They become dolls-not animals.Every animal can take care of itself and it doesn't need spa or hairdresser.Fashion dressed little dogs-it lookes too stupid.
My pets spend their day sleeping and every day I go for a walk with my younger cat-Darcy.Their lifestyle is not very busy and they have a lot of time to enjoy themselves. happy

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 31.03.2011, 10:31 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I agree with you completely. Excessive care spoils both children and animals.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 01.04.2011, 18:55 | Message # 19
Dean
Yes, but in the first case such children will have serious problems with communication, studies, work, family life...And animals don't have to trouble about that! Sure, they are gradually becoming lazy and selfish blimps but who cares?))) Their masters worship them and even find pleasure in constant whims and demands of dear pets.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 16:12 | Message # 20
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, that’s true. I also want to say that, from the one hand, it’s easier to please a spoilt pet than a pampered child. Animals’ needs are not as numerous as kids’ ones.

On the other hand, animals can’t TELL us directly what they need to be happy right now. That’s why I feel pity for people who live only for their pets and want to fulfill all their wishes. For example, you are a crazy pet lover and suddenly your dog becomes sad and refuses to eat. You are confused: what’s the matter? Is the food bad? Is he or she sick? Is the bedding dirty? Are the toys too boring? Is that so because of depressing rainy weather? A spoilt child can at least start crying and say: “Buy me that book or I’ll kill myself!” Nothing’s worse than vagueness...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 08.04.2011, 18:47 | Message # 21
Dean
Ha-ha, you're absolutely right)))) But speaking seriously, can we interpret our pets' woof and mew properly? Maybe, everything we think about animals is not more than ridiculous tales? Of course, there are some accepted ideas, I mean we know that when a dog wags the tail, it's pleased and happy but can we dig deeper?

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:14 | Message # 22
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I dont know about other pets but my hamster just eats, sleeps and runs in his wheel. These are all his activities. May be i have a very lazy hamster but this is all what he makes during a day.

vanillaDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:22 | Message # 23
Monitor
Awards: 0
To my mind, this theme is really interesting for discussing because it concerns practically everybody. Animals are always around us and, certainly, the most part of them is our lovely pets. They live with us, that's why they spend practically all the time with us: sleep, eat, play and so on. So this reason leads to the result when a pet and his master are very much alike.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet's lifestyles (Talking about how pets live with people)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024