THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 06:32
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet's lifestyles (Talking about how pets live with people)
Pet's lifestyles
NadyaDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 17:28 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I have recently read the text about two poodles -Tina and Bob. They have a very active lifestyle. When they get up, their owner gives them breakfast: Bob likes chicken and Tina prefers roast beef or even salmon! In the morning they go to a special dog club. There the people give them a massage or a haircut. The dogs enjoy swimming in the dog pool and doing exercises in the gym. They also go to a dog psychiatrist!:D Do pets really need such a busy day? Is it necessary to do so many things? Do your animals spend the day like these dogs?

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 20:10 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I think, not all of us have enough time and money to take their pets to the gym or to a dog club...
As for me, I feed my pet and clean his cage 2 times a day, play with him at least 20 minutes a day, comb out his hair and invent new amusements regularly. My guinea pig is locked in his cage only at night - at day he rambles through the flat freely. So, I build different tunnels, labyrinths and houses from pieces of wood and paper. He explores them with great pleasure!
Pets need our attention and care, it's obvious but Tina and Bob's owner is a bit crazy. To my mind, his dogs' day is too busy and it's certainly better to give your pets a big hug and play with them when they are bored instead of taking them to a special psychiatrist!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

CherryDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 11:08 | Message # 3
Monitor
as for me i think it`s really silly pasttime. and of course it is a big sum of money. i agree witn Nekavaen completely. when i read the stories like this one, i always think about homeless people who even can`t eat. maybe they are dying, when at this moment dogs are swimming in the dog pool! and where is justice i wonder?????? sad

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:56 | Message # 4
Dean
Awards: 3
Justice... Cherry, sorry but I can't agree with you. What if these people spend their money not on the dogs but on...let us say, exotic food and travelling? Is it the same thing? Is it unjust? Everyone has his own "anomalies".

CherryDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 22:39 | Message # 5
Monitor
travelling....... hmmm....your idea is very interesting!!!!!!!!! and of course many people never think that travelling is waste of money... some travell to delight in the process, some to delight in excessive care for pets... it turns out that these are the same things

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 22:26 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
yeah, it's like hobby, why not?
of course these dogs wouldn't feel the difference between lying all days long in the house or spending time in this way, but still... their master feels. that's the point. I wouldn't say that it's not reasonable to treat animals like this, but things should be appropriately arranged concerning dogs. btw, i guess a few know that poodles (king poodles as a rule) are believed to have the highest intellectual potential among all breeds.

NadyaDate: Friday, 05.11.2010, 11:37 | Message # 7
Yes. And what lifestyles do your pets have?

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 15:51 | Message # 8
Dean
8davids8, how is this potential tested? What do experts write? Can you compare breeds?

MissJaneDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 23:07 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Group: Friends
The lifestyle of my pets is mostly ... decorating the room=) I mean I have fish in the aquarium which mainly serves a beautiful adornment to the wall cabinet, the sofa, and the TV set.
Do not think I'm indifferent to my pets but while there is very little tactile contact between a person and aquarium species, so you involuntary start to think of them as a part of home design.
Of course, they are funny, and intelligent (in their own way), and tender to you. Some species get really frightened because of the sharp and loud noises, rapid movements of people who are near the aquarium. They immediately recognize the master (the one who more or less regularly feeds them). Fish can demand lots of attention (especially when the fish you neglect most of all gets stuck in the narrow tower of the aquarium castle and you rush along to save it and it looks at you with the most loyal eyes in the world...) biggrin

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 09.11.2010, 09:20 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Quote (Teacher)
how is this potential tested?

Through the range of things a dog can apprehend and fulfil then.

Quote (Teacher)
Can you compare breeds?

Which breeds do you want me to compare?)

MegastarostaDate: Thursday, 11.11.2010, 21:55 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Hmmm, the lifestyle of my pet is absolutely different with mine. My hamster sleeps when i work, and when it is night she wakes up and begins to run in her wheel and she is very active in this part of the day but i sleep. And one thing that irritates me most of all is that fact that she is TOO noisy at nights dry

NadyaDate: Friday, 12.11.2010, 21:36 | Message # 12
And what animal would you compare your lifestyle with, guys?

MetalDrDate: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 15:21 | Message # 13
Monitor
I can compare my lifestyle with a small kitten. I'm often active.. I can just run all day and sleep all night and the next day after that biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 21:33 | Message # 14
Dean
H'm, I guess most girls associate themselves with something fluffy, purring and touching and boys-with strong,tusky and big animals)

MissJaneDate: Friday, 26.11.2010, 10:30 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Sometimes I really want to be a bird... Don't think it is so poetic and romantic. No, my goal is completely different! There are moments in life when I really want to pay some people back. Wouldn't it be very nice to fly high, to choose the victim and to "drop a bomb" on their head? biggrin

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet's lifestyles (Talking about how pets live with people)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024